• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

AJUMP23

I think some Highlights for me were the commentary team. I don't know if I have heard a group have more fun for an entire night. TAZ made a great dynamic.

Sting was brilliant as always.

I am not a big FTR but Dax getting hurt then returning to win was pretty good.

OC and Will Osprey was probably the best match.

They should have put the belt on Tanahashi because that gives Punk a storyline to go get the belt back. I think that is more interesting than Mox having it.

Bullet Club

I think some Highlights for me were the commentary team. I don't know if I have heard a group have more fun for an entire night. TAZ made a great dynamic.
Totally agree. I've thought Excalibur and Taz should be the Dynamite commentators for a while, with Tony sticking to interviews and then Tony and JR doing Rampage.

Now I think they should add Kevin Kelly to Dynamite as well. The three of them worked great together.

Bullet Club

fwo_ddyxgaegopn.webp

Nothing like catching up completely on like the last 3 months of AEW only to watch a PPV where the crowd keeps going nuts over wrestlers I've never heard of.

So is watching New Japan a thing? Like with English commentators and everything?

dave_d

Nothing like catching up completely on like the last 3 months of AEW only to watch a PPV where the crowd keeps going nuts over wrestlers I've never heard of.

So is watching New Japan a thing? Like with English commentators and everything?
Well it did recently come back on AXS. Plus a lot of the people on it used to work in NJPW like Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks. (And Rocky/Trent to name a couple more.)

DKehoe

Gold Member

Yeh, their streaming service offers English commentary. Kevin Kelly, who was on commentary for Forbidden Door, is one of their commentators.

RNG

I'm only familiar with some of the NJPW guys because of that clan creator minigame from Yakuza 6 lol

Kagey K

Banned
Wrestling legend Ric Flair fears that he could die in the ring as he prepares for his historic finale.

Flair told reporters in Nashville while promoting his “Last Match” event he has concerns about his well-publicized previous health battles rearing their ugly head.

Chief among them is the pacemaker planted in the 73-year-old Nature Boy’s chest. Oh, and there’s the inner ear problems and the blood thinners he takes.

So, he plans to skip the blood thinners on the day of the match. And as for the pacemaker, he says if it becomes unplugged he’ll simply “plug it back in.”

“Now that I know I can do it,” Flair said, “I’ll be flying around in front of 7,000 people, probably not at warp speed.”
Flair will never not be carny. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is incredibly adorable. Kurt Angle recreates his first meeting with John Cena with his daughter.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think the dark order has ran it’s cours,time to take the mask off 10,and separate the dark order.
Preston has bags of charisma. Maybe just do UNO as the promo voice and Preston as the muscle.

I’m thinking a lot of the AEW originals are going to be leaving via lapsed contracts.

They are getting too many ex WWE and other big names that are going to swallow up the roster limelight.

Last edited:

RavageX

Who?

I seriously don't know who half these people are, and it really, really annoys me when shows expect me to know these folks anytime they pop up. Most do not have the name recognition they think they do.

It's honestly a good opportunity to verbally build up a wrestler when they appear on TV, instead its simply..."It's blah,blah,blah!!!" like I should know their life story.

Last edited:

Agent X

From the "Can't Forget Their Old Ring Names Department":

Good Ol' JR gave us not one but two Cesaro references on tonight's episode of Dynamite, and as a bonus we got a Ruby Riott shout-out from Taz as well!

Labolas

I know I'm late on this but I gain a whole new appreciation for Kane. I mean, he was one of my favorite wrestler, but now guy is based as hell.

Naked Lunch

Who's the guy with the box on his head at every single AEW show in the front row off to the side. Im assuming its someone whos been on hiatus for awhile - but dang hes been incognito for months now. Its funny cause he claps 2 miles an hour in slow motion.

I thought maybe it was Andrade but he was in the match when the dude was there. Maybe Kip Sabien?
Or did I miss the joke somewhere?

Kagey K

Banned
Nice to see Liv finally get some recognition. Too bad she won't be champ past SS.

She does all the bumping in most of the women's matches, only to get screwed at the end every time.

Without her most of the women's matches would be a lot worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom