• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

yeh i don't get the Hangman fandom either. He's alright. As someone that watched him in ROH and New Japan like 6 years ago....i wouldn't even say he's gotten way better or anything since then. And plenty of other wrestlers have improved vastly in that amount of time

Bullet Club

WOW is returning, with AJ Lee/Mendez/Mrs Punk as an executive producer & color commentator.

The roster includes the always controversial Tessa Blanchard, which I'm sure is rustling the jimmies of people on Twitter and Reddit.

Dthomp

Hangman to me is just like Cody. He’s a B/B- wrestler with an A++ theme, thus the people pop for them with no thought to how average they are.

Honestly, I’d much rather Hangman be an interesting flawed character who is always chasing that moment but falls short, much like ECW Dreamer.

I think this was rushed, much like the Sammy win. For some reason, they are suddenly looking for “moments” for their tv. Hangman was unranked and gets to be the joker for the second time in two years? What are the magic rules for this Joker, how come previous winners got tv title matches, and not a potential PPV shot?

I think Meltzer was saying the same thing I agree with, you hold off on Omega/Page until Revolution. It’s their best PPV of the year each of the two years, and Full Gear is usually low buys because it’s competing with College or Pro football. Not to mention MPLS is another notorious WWE area so the crowd won’t be full of die hard wrestling nerds like Philly to pop for Page.

I think there are better and more potential stories to play out with Hangman as the challenger chasing. I do think its time for a face champion, but with all the new eyes on the product you will get better matches with Bryan facing the heels then Hangman will. I’d say that once Omega loses the belt, they really don’t have any other built up heels, so you would need Hangman to be someone he is not, and that is a guy that can carry lesser talent to bangers. You don’t want to be the promotion with The weak champ while the undercard are all outperforming the champ.

I know we’ve only had three AEW champs so far, but I honestly fear Hangman will have the worst run of all this far because I see him as one of the guys you root for during the chase more then being the champ. Like E eastcoastkody said, I havent seen an ounce of improvement in Hangman in years, and while this storyline has been going on forever, I’m in the boat hoping for Kenny to retain (he won’t). There’s always money in the chase, gotta remember that.

Dthomp

Man, I was hoping the Inspiration would go to AEW, but Impact is safer, cause at some point being Codys friend won’t be enough to keep Spears in AEW so he can fall back into impact after that.

Bullet Club

Man, I was hoping the Inspiration would go to AEW, but Impact is safer, cause at some point being Codys friend won’t be enough to keep Spears in AEW so he can fall back into impact after that.
I thought Spears would have got them into AEW. Being in Impact probably works better for them though, seeing how they have a women's tag team division.

Dthomp

I think a tag division in AEW for women would have been better then a mid tier belt. There are already barely more then 2 people that are good enough to challenge Britt, so why focus the energy on the midcard belt instead of working to build people up to Britt.

Most Of the women in AEW need experience. Tag matches would get more in ring time for 4 at a time to work on their craft then two green women out there looking like crap like Red Veltet each week.

Iinspiration would have helped on both accounts, being a great team and can wrestle singles too.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
AEW women wrestlers that are good at wrestling, Ford, Baker, thunderosa, deeb, shida, conti, Anna jay, statlqnder. I think they are all solid.

I really just don’t like Nyla rose. She is horrible.

Dthomp

I mean, they're fun personalities but both are very limited in the ring.
It was more a comparison that they’d be good for the big chunk of the roster in AEW who are just awful right now. I think their gimmick in wwe held back any ability they have, which both were “decent” as nxt singles before becoming a joke comedy team.

Bullet Club

TTKsiuV.jpg

Naked Lunch

With Bryan being in the upcoming tournament it looks like hes going to be a quick future champ - which I dont like. Too soon.

Or Paul Hogan, even.

Also, Punk gave us a "Daniel Bryan" reference tonight. I guess Jim Ross isn't the only one who slips up on these things!
Punk also slipped and almost said WWE....but caught himself before switching it AEW. To his credit he made fun of himself on air after the Daniel Bryan bit and said something like - Jr youre not alone on these fuck ups. heh.

Bullet Club

It would have been nice if they got that on the show instead of showing Hager and Dos Santos lying around or whatever they were showing at that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNG

AJUMP23

Gold Member
While I think the Acknowledge Bunny stuff is hilarious, I would say that is a bad move creatively. It will expose you as caring about the big dogg and actually give them heat as opposed to focusing on what has made AEW great so far.

NickFire

While I think the Acknowledge Bunny stuff is hilarious, I would say that is a bad move creatively. It will expose you as caring about the big dogg and actually give them heat as opposed to focusing on what has made AEW great so far.
I disagree entirely (except that it is hilarious). It generates excitement and gives non-fans more reason to tune in, and frankly its working. Plus, the entire wrestling industry is built on the chase. Finally, you can only win the belt by pinfall or submission.

Hinedorf

Banned
The ratings are more or less a shoot gimmick that's working very well for AEW. AEW as the underdog is doing their best to keep score while it seems like WWE doesn't really care about the score. Unfortunately I feel like this sentiment is exactly I react to both shows. AEW makes me feel like they want my attention more they want me to be excited, I keep watching WWE and it just feels like going through the motions.

I'll take the ratings seriously when WWE starts taking things seriously too

Dthomp

Good thing nothing Booker T thinks matters. That guy is one of the biggest clowns in the business today. Dude couldn’t be further up the wwe ass these days.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I disagree entirely (except that it is hilarious). It generates excitement and gives non-fans more reason to tune in, and frankly its working. Plus, the entire wrestling industry is built on the chase. Finally, you can only win the belt by pinfall or submission.
I got a judgment from the ref you are an idiot and big dum dum head. But you are allowed to wallow in your bad opinions. 😀

(this is a joke) or a shoot.

Top Bottom