• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Naked Lunch

Dynamite Halloween main event was probably the greatest wrestling match of all time.
"I aint afraid of no budge" in the entrance music. Naka baby suit splash on the outside. Kenny getting 'tagged in wearing a proton pack'. Proton pack splash counters and power bomb. The surprise Stay Puft Marshmellowman hiding in plain sight. Just brilliant entertainment.
BTE is required viewing to tie this all together.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Dynamite Halloween main event was probably the greatest wrestling match of all time.
"I aint afraid of no budge" in the entrance music. Naka baby suit splash on the outside. Kenny getting 'tagged in wearing a proton pack'. Proton pack splash counters and power bomb. The surprise Stay Puft Marshmellowman hiding in plain sight. Just brilliant entertainment.
BTE is required viewing to tie this all together.
Super fun match. Loved it, and loved the finish.

Bullet Club

Tony has his pick of who he wants. He should hire a bunch of guys for Dark & Elevation and send them out to Impact/MLW/NWA/ROH/GCW so they can get extra money.

Danhausen was trending on Twitter earlier. People want him in AEW, teaming up with Orange Cassidy.

Bullet Club

Is it just me or is Naitch's face looking a bit weird?

lCVFS8Z.jpg

dave_d

Tony has his pick of who he wants. He should hire a bunch of guys for Dark & Elevation and send them out to Impact/MLW/NWA/ROH/GCW so they can get extra money.

Danhausen was trending on Twitter earlier. People want him in AEW, teaming up with Orange Cassidy.
Oh Jim will flip out if DanHausen does that. The rant will be worth a listen.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I saw someone say on reddit that somehow czw is still around? How? Who buys the tape library of roh? I bet khan snatches it up. If you had more roh alum in wwe I could see McMahon buying it. Aew,mlw,impact are about to all get roster boosts.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
I saw someone say on reddit that somehow czw is still around? How? Who buys the tape library of roh? I bet khan snatches it up. If you had more roh alum in wwe I could see McMahon buying it. Aew,mlw,impact are about to all get roster boosts.
CZW has changed hands a few times. It recently came out that the people behind GCW tried to buy it before DJ Hyde pulled out of the deal and kept CZW. So the GCW people bought JCW instead.

The tape library of ROH is just from 2012 onward. So it doesn't include the glory years of ROH, the stuff you'd really want if you were buying it. I'd guess Cary Silkin maybe owns the pre-2012 stuff.

DKehoe

Gold Member
Apparently the tape library isn't for sale anyway, or they've priced it so high that nobody would want to buy it.
I guess the thing is there was a point where WWE was buying up every tape library they could get their hands on so they could put it on the network. But now WWE's income from the network is guaranteed with the Peacock deal so they've no real incentive to invest more into it. But whoever holds the rights to it has probably heard the figures WWE were paying (which was quite a lot) and would want something along those lines.

It'd be a shame if that footage just disappeared. There's so much good stuff there.

We’re probably gonna get a Danhausen vs MJF. Cause he’s sueing Danhausen because of this shirt he already got the guy that’s managing jade cargill.

Dthomp

I think if Maria wants to continue in the business there is a place for her. They could go back to Impact, or even AEW. I think it depends on what her and Mike want out of the business at this point. There are so few good female talkers in AEW that she could be a great mouthpiece for somebody.

Dthomp

Does that mean Mosley may miss Full Gear? I don’t know how these programs work, as far as if they can leave at any time?

AJUMP23

I hope he gets healthy, he needs to for his family.

I wonder who they will replace him with to wrestle Orange Cassidy.

Bullet Club

Mei Suruga AKA Mei Saint-Michel is in the US. She will be on Dark Elevation next week. She might be on BTE as well.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I didn’t mind Emi when AEW rolled out, and it seemed like she could still go, but over the last two years i Don’t want to see her on any of their shows. She’s just not interesting, and this gimmick is awful, just like all of her recent matches. I swear she’s aged 10 years in the last two.

Dthomp

I’ve got another crazy hot take that would get me crucified over at SC Reddit, but “Cowboy Shit” is WHAT levels of a dumb obnoxious chant to me, every time Page says it my eyes roll, and it’s even more cringe when the crowd is chanting it. Carry on with your days 😁

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
WWE has released:

Karrion Kross
Scarlett Bordeaux
Franky Monet
Eva Marie
Ember Moon
Mia Yim
Keith Lee
Harry Smith
Nia Jax
B-Fab
Oney Lorcan
Jessi Kamea
Zayda Ramier
Trey Baxter
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
WWE has released:

Karrion Kross
Scarlett Bordeaux
Franky Monet
Eva Marie
Ember Moon
Mia Yim
Keith Lee
Harry Smith
Nia Jax
B-Fab
Oney Lorcan
Jessi Kamea
Zayda Ramier
Trey Baxter
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado
Among more record profits. Despicable. Nia jax is a suprising release. I thought she would have infinite job security.

Fox Mulder

Keith Lee is a stud and they just couldn’t keep his NXT character going. I liked his stuff with Dominik Dijakovic, who was also ruined into T-Bar or some retarded shit.

Fuck WWE. Record profits and all that blood money, they don’t even have to pretend to care about putting on good shows.

Last edited:

ManaByte

WWE has released:

Karrion Kross
Scarlett Bordeaux
Franky Monet
Eva Marie
Ember Moon
Mia Yim
Keith Lee
Harry Smith
Nia Jax
B-Fab
Oney Lorcan
Jessi Kamea
Zayda Ramier
Trey Baxter
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado

WWE probably didn't want to pay for any more injuries caused by Nia's botches.

Dthomp

Long list there, really think the only ones AEW should even consider would be Keith Lee and Mia…maybe Taya, although she could end up back with Impact. I’d grab her for a good veteran presence and for the chance to grab Morrison when he gets free next.

Id love to see Kross/Scarlett as a duo there, but they are already bursting at the seams with talent and there just isn’t room for many more male performers unless they go to two hours on Rampage and move it up some timeslots, or move to two hours on Mondays

AJUMP23

Eva Marie was back in WWE for like a month 😂. That is rough.

kieth Lee is the biggest surprise for me, I thought he had what it factor, maybe his illness just killed his character.

Hinedorf

Banned
Eva Marie was back in WWE for like a month 😂. That is rough.

kieth Lee is the biggest surprise for me, I thought he had what it factor, maybe his illness just killed his character.
The amount of time they were giving Eva Marie after like 2-3 weeks of hype promos only to be released...... and you go to all that trouble to rebrand Lee to a name that Vince owns just to cut him?!?!

If there was any sense of how they are misusing screen time for characters no longer present on the roster it speaks to me of only 2 possible realities going on behind the scenes.

1 - A battle/struggle for power over creative control, couldn't be more obvious between contrast in storylines and budget cuts
2 - A very obvious attempt to get as profitable as possible within a years timeframe to be sold

dave_d

WWE has released:

Karrion Kross
Scarlett Bordeaux
Franky Monet
Eva Marie
Ember Moon
Mia Yim
Keith Lee
Harry Smith
Nia Jax
B-Fab
Oney Lorcan
Jessi Kamea
Zayda Ramier
Trey Baxter
Katrina Cortez
Jeet Rama
Gran Metalik
Lince Dorado
Of course this just proves to me how smart Adam Cole was to go to AEW.

Kagey K

Banned
I bet tyra Valkyrie goes back to impact wrestling,but I hope aew hires Keith Lee,Mia Yim,and ember moon.
They don't have enough TV time to pick everyone up.

Ppl will get mad at them for either rushing segments or pushing ppl to the back like WCW if they try to pick everyone up.

Between Roh and these releases there is no shortage of talent, but they can't do everything with everybody.

Last edited:
Top Bottom