• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I legit don't know why I was supposed to care about Storm to be honest. I heard she was great, but nothing she did while I watched WWE made me even care for her a little. And having a fat ass is not a gimmick that I care about. She always looked slightly out of shape and carrying too much weight. AEW could maybe use her, but I'd hope it's on a short term deal as she doesn't move the needle even a little bit and you don't want another WWE castoff like Ruby that is just barely above ok taking up TV time with so few womens matches already.
She'd be good for impact. I didn't see much of her work either I just remember she was hyped up a lot a few years back. Like she was the next big deal in women's wrestling then Charlotte said no I guess lol

Hinedorf

Banned
She'd be good for impact. I didn't see much of her work either I just remember she was hyped up a lot a few years back. Like she was the next big deal in women's wrestling then Charlotte said no I guess lol
The WWE females division reminds me of the pettiness of the 90's wrestlers we all heard about. How often do you hear somebody outside of Hogan's circle praise Hogan. You had the Elites and the the folks who continue to get pushed down by the Elites: Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Alexa are all without a doubt the cream of the crop as female wrestlers but we've seen time again Sasha doesn't like how she's being used and bails, Charlotte on a regular basis breaking character, Becky literally fucking over any quality match at wrestlemania to make EST job in a minute.

WWE has the 4 best female talents on the planet and more ego than they can manage, anybody outside of this 4 should look to be jobbing to them if they're working for WWE

Is it a problem? Only if you want fresh rivalries which WWE does not have because of all new talent jobbing ie Toni Storm, is Storm better than any of the 4 no, but we'll also never know if she could be.

FH4udecVQAAFLWo

dave_d

I know I alluded to this before but after watching Dynamite could someone tell Fish and O'Reilly that "Chasing the dragon" still looks stupid? (It only looks ok when the TV crew makes sure not to show it from a bad angle and AEW misses shots all the time. Not like WWE and their camera cuts every 3 seconds, literally.)

ManaByte

I wonder who will be the first big release from AEW? I think Jericho served his purpose of helping getting eyes on the product to start but I dont think he's much of a draw anymore. Cody has go away heat but I think he's safe. Maybe Omega goes back to Japan?

Isn't Omega an Executive VP?

Fox Mulder

Lol big swole sucked and pulled the race card after being let go.

Anyone that watches AEW can see the diversity with champions and developing stars, like Jade Cargill is about to win a title already.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Lol big swole sucked and pulled the race card after being let go.

Anyone that watches AEW can see the diversity with champions and developing stars, like Jade Cargill is about to win a title already.
Jade Cargill getting a title makes a lot of sense and works with her push. It’s the total opposite of Vince’s BLM pandering at WM last year.

dave_d

Can someone explain what AEW did to enrage the mob?
I think the gist of it is that they let Big Swole's contract expire because she sucked. She did a podcast recently where she whined about it and pulled the race card. (Saying stupid garbage like they wanted her to be the sheriff of the woman's division or some delusional claptrap.) So Tony Kahn tweeted basically hey I'm sort of a minority and we have a ton of diversity, we let her go because she sucked. That in turned let loose the easily inflamed. Anyway can't wait for Jim's take on this since he'll pretty much side with Tony for a change.

ManaByte

I think the gist of it is that they let Big Swole's contract expire because she sucked. She did a podcast recently where she whined about it and pulled the race card. (Saying stupid garbage like they wanted her to be the sheriff of the woman's division or some delusional claptrap.) So Tony Kahn tweeted basically hey I'm sort of a minority and we have a ton of diversity, we let her go because she sucked. That in turned let loose the easily inflamed. Anyway can't wait for Jim's take on this since he'll pretty much side with Tony for a change.

How the hell can she pull the race card with the Jade push that's been going on? This wasn't Vince who let her go.

dave_d

How the hell can she pull the race card with the Jade push that's been going on? This wasn't Vince who let her go.
And the Lucha Bros, and Hikaru Shida, and Riho, and Sammy Guevara and Nyla Rose and Thunder Rosa, etc etc etc. I don't think diversity or bigotry is their big problem.

Fox Mulder

Can someone explain what AEW did to enrage the mob?

It was just another day on shithole Twitter.

They aren’t meeting some black quota or whatever according to Big Swole. All the Japanese and Latino representation doesn’t matter, nor does the young black wrestlers they have been building up. Tony Khan and other wrestlers defended what the company is doing and got attacked for dismissing concerns or having white passing privilege.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Like most of the things Twitter gets mad about its nonsense. Wrestling is inarguably more diverse than it's ever been. Big E, Moose, Gresham are all world champions. Aew has featured a black trans wrestler since the beginning. There are countless examples.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I love checking reddit for the results of the PPV tonight and see Brock Lesnar win a title in a match he wasn't even in...WWE is at least a consistent dumpster fire

Fox Mulder

I love checking reddit for the results of the PPV tonight and see Brock Lesnar win a title in a match he wasn't even in...WWE is at least a consistent dumpster fire

I didn’t watch it, but seems like a decent pivot with Roman getting Covid. Maybe we’ll finally get Brock/Lashley now. That match doesn’t need a title though.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he wont win, but, wasting spots on non-wrestlers itches my ass, I’d take a senior citizen wrestler over a fucking random celebrity.

GeorgPrime

Banned

The "Iam too bad for TV so it must be racism" card getting boring now too. I never understood what was to great about "Big Swole". Gimmick was dumb.

I prefer Ember Moon over Big Swole any day. I even like Sasha Banks.

Same goes for Sonny Kiss. He/She was never a draw and is now put on Dark. Iam sure they will complain later about AEW not liking "LBGT"

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Plenty of dumb shit has happened since the Arquette thing. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jake Paul or some shit win the universal title someday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom