• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

NickFire

I just hope they hold the titles for awhile and don’t loose it in their first title defense.
I think your hopes will come true, because Jungle Boy is one of the company favorites I think, and tag team gold is a great way to feature him until they have a solid singles opponent to feud with again.

As an aside, I'm not sold on him making promos yet, but he looks to me like he's put on some muscle weight. He might legit end up a top guy down the road in terms of singles gold.

NickFire

I miss heel Kingston.
He should be a full on heel on steroids right now. Every promo, regardless of opponent, should include him taking shots at Moxley for being away. Drink a beer, toast to Mox, etc., etc., etc.

Poor taste? Yes

Absolute fire feud when Mox comes back even though they recently feuded? Yes Yes Yes

Heck - they could even give Kingston a pin over Mox in the first match back with minimal, if any, cheating. Tell a story how Mox hasn't been able to work out, never mind wrestle while he's gone. Boom, now you have two PPV matches for Mox to redeem himself.

Last edited:

NickFire

Can somebody tell me why Brian Pillman Jr is even on the AEW roster? Horrible gimmick, horrible look, horrible jobber. Who exactly looks impressive beating him?
I've wondered that myself every time I see him. I think its the last name, and only the last name.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: RNG

dave_d

Removing all of Triple H’s hires will now allow them to tighten and streamline the descent of this company.
At this point I hope Triple H joins with Shane McMahon to start their own company. It's not like they're going to end up with the WWE in the end anyway.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
WWE is going down the shitter.

Poor old Paul thought he had an in marrying the bosses daughter. Nope.

But i hope he is ok and doing better following what happened to his health.

Also where is Danhausen on A&W doesn’t Tony like monies ?

Last edited:

Ozarkx

Banned
WWE is going down the shitter.

Poor old Paul thought he had an in marrying the bosses daughter. Nope.

But i hope he is ok and doing better following what happened to his health.

Also where is Danhausen on A&W doesn’t Tony like monies ?

WWE has to be reaching a point where all of their terrible decisions will culminate.

Sure, they’ve done a great job of diversifying their company into multiple revenue streams outside of the network and house shows, but the core foundation that makes wrestling a form of entertainment is something that they’ve tossed aside like a half-eaten sandwich.

They’re ashamed to be associated with the word “Wrestling.”

Take a look at the scene from the Beyond the Mat doc where Vince cringe mentions that they’re really “about movies.”

They’ve tried to create a promo/skit show more than anything since buying WCW, but their writing is largely atrocious.

Their consistent average viewer is over 50 years old; there is no sign of growth coming from younger crowds.

They have no interest in building more than a three or four wrestlers as “stars” and this creates fan ambivalence towards the rest.

Almost everyone is expendable and can be flattened without notice.
Why get invested in someone if they’re gonna fuck them up later?
Bray Wyatt, Bianca Belair, Karrion Kross, etc etc etc.

If wins and losses “don’t matter” then why do you have championship belts, morons?

How many storylines have they just ended randomly with no payoff?
Can you imagine how pissed people would be if a show like Yellowstone did that often?

There are four hundred championship titles that are split between two shows via a draft that means nothing.

What is the point of Survivor Series?

Is anyone believable besides Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar?

Saudi Arabia.

Quarterly Well Wishes towards Future Endeavors.

My point is, all of the above have consequences.

They can do a great job presenting a shiny exterior to shareholders, but the inside is in an advanced stage of rot.

Last edited:

dave_d

I am hoping that covid can go away soon so I can see NJPW live again in Korakuen hall!! Been once before, really fun place! Any other NJPW fans?
The question isn't who's a NJPW fan, it's how many of us subscribe to NJPW world? (Yes I did that once they went off AXS. No way I was missing out on the Naito win.)

Hinedorf

Banned

Just very cringe and in bad taste after just recently proposing to another woman on television. Not sure what he's hitching his wagon to as she seems to be a marginal talent, my only hope is he can teach her English so maybe she can actually cut a promo like every other regular wrestler is SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO

Hinedorf

Banned

Not gonna lie, I didn't expect to like him, I loved Taz back in the day but I wanted Hook to be on his own. Have to say he's not a star in the making, he's a star. He's gravitating, his music is perfect for the persona, he's going to go far and very quickly.

At some point he'll have to stop crushing jobbers which I'm curious to see how that goes but I'm a big Hook fan already.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Not gonna lie, I didn't expect to like him, I loved Taz back in the day but I wanted Hook to be on his own. Have to say he's not a star in the making, he's a star. He's gravitating, his music is perfect for the persona, he's going to go far and very quickly.

At some point he'll have to stop crushing jobbers which I'm curious to see how that goes but I'm a big Hook fan already.
He's fun to watch. AEW have a lot of guys he can go through before he needs to start getting into big angles. Keep building him up and have him beat whoever has the TNT title in about a year.

Bullet Club

FF7HCPZ.jpg

nW5grPI.gif

Last edited:

AJUMP23

To be fair, Bray moved insane amounts of merch and they cut him. Anything that can save money so they can sell and get out of wrestling business sooner seems like the plan
Merch sales was always the thing you heard for them loving Roman so much, he moved merch like crazy.

Ozarkx

Banned
Bray Wyatt sold a lot of merch also didn’t stop them from firing his ass.

It seems to me that WWE is in the middle of trying to “reinvent” stuff again.

Which basically means that:
instead of swallowing pride and admitting that they’re wrong, they would rather just remove things that they fail to fix.

That’s why I think the NXT rebranding along with firing HHH loyalists is happening now; they will present new people and pretend that it’s a better product.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I was just sitting around thinking bout the last cuts, and I really think Regal still has enough in the tank to be a manager on tv. AEW has a great performer that desperately needs a mouthpiece in Andrade. How good would Regal be in that role? A fierce speaker that can talk up just how good Andrade is and hype up how good he is, maybe I’m crazy, but being in AEW to help young guys and be a vehicle for Andrade is win win right?

Ozarkx

Banned
I was just sitting around thinking bout the last cuts, and I really think Regal still has enough in the tank to be a manager on tv. AEW has a great performer that desperately needs a mouthpiece in Andrade. How good would Regal be in that role? A fierce speaker that can talk up just how good Andrade is and hype up how good he is, maybe I’m crazy, but being in AEW to help young guys and be a vehicle for Andrade is win win right?

Agreed.

WWE has dropped THE backstage talent guy in William Regal who could also be manager, speaker, etc; anything that they would need on camera.

He is someone that is pretty much universally liked and trusted with decades of experience.

Bullet Club

MLW Files a Lawsuit Against WWE

Big Announcement Coming Tonight from MLW

MLW has filed an anti-trust lawsuit against WWE.

MLW announced this evening that the lawsuit was filed earlier today in a federal court. The lawsuit is based on “WWE’s ongoing attempts to undermine competition in and monopolize the professional wrestling market by interfering with MLW’s contracts and business prospects.”

MLW’s announcement on the lawsuit included the following allegations against WWE, noting that WWE has pressured third parties to abandon contracts and prospective relationships with MLW, including a major streaming deal. It was also alleged that in early 2021, a then-WWE executive warned Vice TV that WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon was “pissed” that Vice was airing MLW programming, and that Vice should stop working with the promotion.

“As described in the complaint, WWE pressured third parties to abandon contracts and prospective relationships with MLW. WWE’s misconduct included disrupting every level of MLW’s business, including a major streaming deal for MLW which would have been transformative for the company.

MLW also allege in the complaint that in early 2021, after MLW announced that it was in talks with VICE TV to air MLW programs on VICE TV, a then-WWE executive warned VICE TV that WWE owner Vince McMahon was “pissed” that VICE TV was airing MLW programs, and that VICE TV should stop working with MLW, the VICE TV executive responded that WWE’s conduct was illegal and an antitrust violation, with the WWE executive responding that she could not control McMahon.”

MLW CEO Court Bauer provided a statement on the anti-trust lawsuit and said the behavior has to stop.

“WWE has been wrongfully depriving its competitors of critical opportunities for many years, but its latest conduct has been even more unconscionable,” Bauer said. “I think we speak for the rest of the professional wrestling world when we say that this anti-competitive behavior has to stop.”

MLW added in their press release issued to us this evening, “WWE’s ongoing misconduct has hurt fans of professional wrestling and competition in the professional wrestling industry. Through this lawsuit, MLW seeks to recover its losses due to WWE’s interference and to enjoin WWE from future interference.”

The federal case is captioned MLW Media LLC v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. MLW is represented by Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, which is headquartered in New York City.

Stay tuned for updates.

Source: Wrestling Headlines

Hinedorf

Banned
MLW Files a Lawsuit Against WWE

Big Announcement Coming Tonight from MLW

MLW has filed an anti-trust lawsuit against WWE.

MLW announced this evening that the lawsuit was filed earlier today in a federal court. The lawsuit is based on “WWE’s ongoing attempts to undermine competition in and monopolize the professional wrestling market by interfering with MLW’s contracts and business prospects.”

MLW’s announcement on the lawsuit included the following allegations against WWE, noting that WWE has pressured third parties to abandon contracts and prospective relationships with MLW, including a major streaming deal. It was also alleged that in early 2021, a then-WWE executive warned Vice TV that WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon was “pissed” that Vice was airing MLW programming, and that Vice should stop working with the promotion.

“As described in the complaint, WWE pressured third parties to abandon contracts and prospective relationships with MLW. WWE’s misconduct included disrupting every level of MLW’s business, including a major streaming deal for MLW which would have been transformative for the company.

MLW also allege in the complaint that in early 2021, after MLW announced that it was in talks with VICE TV to air MLW programs on VICE TV, a then-WWE executive warned VICE TV that WWE owner Vince McMahon was “pissed” that VICE TV was airing MLW programs, and that VICE TV should stop working with MLW, the VICE TV executive responded that WWE’s conduct was illegal and an antitrust violation, with the WWE executive responding that she could not control McMahon.”

MLW CEO Court Bauer provided a statement on the anti-trust lawsuit and said the behavior has to stop.

“WWE has been wrongfully depriving its competitors of critical opportunities for many years, but its latest conduct has been even more unconscionable,” Bauer said. “I think we speak for the rest of the professional wrestling world when we say that this anti-competitive behavior has to stop.”

MLW added in their press release issued to us this evening, “WWE’s ongoing misconduct has hurt fans of professional wrestling and competition in the professional wrestling industry. Through this lawsuit, MLW seeks to recover its losses due to WWE’s interference and to enjoin WWE from future interference.”

The federal case is captioned MLW Media LLC v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. MLW is represented by Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP, which is headquartered in New York City.

Stay tuned for updates.

Source: Wrestling Headlines
I keep thinkin this ultimately comes down to a paycheck from WWE and nothing more

Hinedorf

Banned

Curious as I know nothing about him other than him as a distracting announcer who eye fucks the camera any given chance. He's spent his entire time being the contrarian heel announcer, is anybody going to root/care about him or is the general idea the universal hate will generate good heat?

hotbrew

Neo Member
Curious as I know nothing about him other than him as a distracting announcer who eye fucks the camera any given chance. He's spent his entire time being the contrarian heel announcer, is anybody going to root/care about him or is the general idea the universal hate will generate good heat?
He’s awful and most people don’t even remember he wrestled at some point (he was a Shein version of CM Punk) but hey, gotta fill that 30 guys quota for the Rumble

NickFire

The first half of last night's show was hot fire. Adam Cole is quickly proving to be one of the best signings they have made. I still don't know the history of the new guys with him, but I'm intrigued by their conflict with the Bucks. And MJF was solid gold, AGAIN.

Top Bottom