• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

He’s awful and most people don’t even remember he wrestled at some point (he was a Shein version of CM Punk) but hey, gotta fill that 30 guys quota for the Rumble
WWE finally finds the answer to AEW signing cm punk. You bring back the C+ rate cm punk cosplayer for a two month 24/7 run before you cut him since he’s a trash wrestler.

4e84045466f6a770145b8d3dd2737948.png

dave_d

PLEASE WWE!!! Do the right thing and overpay this overrated piece of crap so I never have to see him and his stupid wife ever again. I've never wanted something this much!
Oh please, he'll never go back because he'll want in his contract he never has to play Stardust again and Vince will never agree to that.

Dthomp

Oh please, he'll never go back because he'll want in his contract he never has to play Stardust again and Vince will never agree to that.

Then put it in writing he'll never be Stardust, make him Silverdust after he signs and job him out like he's good for for the next 5 years. Or give him Dustys polka dots and the plumber gimmick, I don't care as long as his stupid tattoo get off my AEW broadcast with his WWE stink all over himself.

S0ULZB0URNE

Then I have no idea. I would be a shame if Cody left the company he helped create. Cody and Tony built it together.
Ehh? The Young Bucs and others were just as instrumental.

I don't know how I'll feel if he leaves and to what I said earlier, I don't like just TK running things and have feel that the product has suffered in ways because of him controlling everything.

AJUMP23

Ehh? The Young Bucs and others were just as instrumental.

I don't know how I'll feel if he leaves and to what I said earlier, I don't like just TK running things and have feel that the product has suffered in ways because of him controlling everything.
I think Rhodes was a good name to pull, the Young Bucs were talent to excite, Jericho was the first BIG name to jump onboard and make people think they may have something here.

They have made some great moves and some lame moves, but they are miles more fun than anything out there. The talent when they first started really did amazing things to win hearts and minds.

Dthomp

If you want to remember the product before TK took over, just remember the Dark Order beat down to end one of their early shows that was not his doing. It was a laughing stock segment, and the DO we’re, and continue to be a joke.

Cody gets praise for AEW existing, but I think it was a lot more of right place and right time for him to catch there too. TK has said before, CM Punk was the one guy he wanted to start this with and around, and Cory only had success for latching onto the Elite when he got canned.

Kenny and the Bucks wanted to try something big, and I’m sure he helped be a stooge for the network, but without Omega, the Bucks, Hangman and their crew AEW doesn’t happen. They all had the Indy ties like SCU, and many of the promotions that the Bucks traveled to, Cody like always was just a parasite that somehow squeezed his way in as Cole was leaving the crew.

The sooner he retires and goes to host shitty Tbs game shows that happier I’ll be never seeing him again. But if he leaves, does that mean rasicm is back? Since he single handedly eradicated it?

dave_d

Corny's going to think that Kenny works for NXT now. But this is Bruce and Vince's work.

The only way it could be more over the top is if her entrance video is of some magical anime girl transformation sequence when she puts on the necklace. Of course I can always make the joke the first 6 times Bruce told Vince about her Vince kept telling him to stop apologizing.

NickFire

Corny's going to think that Kenny works for NXT now. But this is Bruce and Vince's work.

Maybe there is something to the theory they need ratings to tank to make a sale easier? Seems absurd to me, but how else do we explain copying the early 90's character development methods instead of the late 90's that actually worked?

DKehoe

Gold Member
Maybe there is something to the theory they need ratings to tank to make a sale easier? Seems absurd to me, but how else do we explain copying the early 90's character development methods instead of the late 90's that actually worked?
Why would tanking the ratings make a sale easier?

Dthomp

Finally caught up on Dynamite last night, is Covid doing a number on shows right now? Cause this Dynamite was pretty lackluster. If you open with Mox, have a better plan on what you're doing, cause 10 minutes of rambling isn't entertaining TV, especially if it doesn't lead to an interruption and feud setup. I thought I was watching WWE after a bit with all the back to back to back to back talking segments.

I'm beyond done with Cole and OC feuding, and I hope they do the right thing and UE wipe Cassidy out for a while. The stupid comedy guy hanging with main event talent has gone on for far too long now. It's time to send him down to the lower midcard where he belongs. Cody had to have another 20 minute segment desperately trying to get cheers by bashing the WWE, and trashing ReDRagon...even though they were far more successful then him there. I don't see any other talent in AEW needing to constantly take shots at the WWE to get reactions, please don't resign this guy, he's a waste of segments.

Punk/Spears was dumb, I'm over Punk not wrestling meaningful matches yet. Him and MJF need to hurry up and fight and move on and actually compete in the ring instead of talking. And I swear, haven't we already seen Acclaimed job out to Sting and Darby in the main event before? Also, hate Darby...that neck spot is wrestling 101 to write a guy off, and he comes back throwing himself at guys at 100 mph, while almost NEVER even selling his neck. So many of the indy guys have improved heavily in their selling, but not Darby. I'm to the point where I want daddy Sting to plant him and be done with this child.

Rant over. Any Dynamite without Danielson just isn't worth the time.

dave_d

Finally caught up on Dynamite last night, is Covid doing a number on shows right now? Cause this Dynamite was pretty lackluster. If you open with Mox, have a better plan on what you're doing, cause 10 minutes of rambling isn't entertaining TV, especially if it doesn't lead to an interruption and feud setup. I thought I was watching WWE after a bit with all the back to back to back to back talking segments.

I'm beyond done with Cole and OC feuding, and I hope they do the right thing and UE wipe Cassidy out for a while. The stupid comedy guy hanging with main event talent has gone on for far too long now. It's time to send him down to the lower midcard where he belongs. Cody had to have another 20 minute segment desperately trying to get cheers by bashing the WWE, and trashing ReDRagon...even though they were far more successful then him there. I don't see any other talent in AEW needing to constantly take shots at the WWE to get reactions, please don't resign this guy, he's a waste of segments.

Punk/Spears was dumb, I'm over Punk not wrestling meaningful matches yet. Him and MJF need to hurry up and fight and move on and actually compete in the ring instead of talking. And I swear, haven't we already seen Acclaimed job out to Sting and Darby in the main event before? Also, hate Darby...that neck spot is wrestling 101 to write a guy off, and he comes back throwing himself at guys at 100 mph, while almost NEVER even selling his neck. So many of the indy guys have improved heavily in their selling, but not Darby. I'm to the point where I want daddy Sting to plant him and be done with this child.

Rant over. Any Dynamite without Danielson just isn't worth the time.
I suppose I could add Sting has definitely lost a step. I mean at this point when he does the Stinger Splash he could barely clear a row of legos one block high. They really shouldn't have had him be the sole guy in that match for an extended period of time. I definitely fast forwarded a lot through that episode. (Don't worry, I'll be fast forwarding through Rampage and Smackdown too.)

dave_d

3cf68742cebf54c8880945c18f9bee21.png

I half think it's Mustafa's diabolical plan to prevent them from releasing him.(You know, he hears word that Vince is thinking of releasing him so he tells everyone he wants to be released and Vince keeps him and gives him a push out of spite.)

Dthomp

I really hope Ali goes scorched earth to get cut. No way he doesn't get a chance elsewhere. He's too talented in the ring, on the mic, and by all accounts a fantastic human being, being held hostage by a racist old man. There are so many ways with that PG company to get fired just using your social media, let alone embarrassing them to their investors. Ali could and should be a high midcard talent that could someday break through, not somebody who can't even get on one of the 75 hours of WWE programming a week.

Top Bottom