• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckfest x Carmageddon | August 2021 FREE Update

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Carmageddon and Wreckfest - a match made in hell!

carm.jpg

If there's one game that perfectly blended racing and destruction, not to mention a wicked sense of dark humour, that's the original Carmageddon and its numerous successors.
When we got a surprise chance to inject some of the Carmageddon vibes in our game we didn't need to think twice about it: Carmageddon inside Wreckfest is like a marriage made in heaven!

So there you have it: the new update adds two iconic environments "Bleak City" and "Devil's Canyon" from the original Carmageddon, the infamous Eagle-R car and a healthy number of zombies to run over, all wrapped in the pixelated glory of the early 90s, perfect to release your inner Max Damage.

THE MONTHLY EVENT: CARNAGE ACCUMULATOR
Set in "Bleak City", players are free to roam the map and have three minutes to score as many points as possible by wrecking AI cars and eliminating green-blooded zombies.

WEEKLY EVENTS: DEATH RACE
A number of racing events set in either Bleak City or Death Canyon, in which the players will race from checkpoint to checkpoint with the "Eagle R" and cause as much carnage as they can along the way by wrecking rivals and eliminating green-blooded zombies.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Sweet, will give this a try on PS5 when I finally get around to Wreckfest.

I really should go back and finish some more of the kill all peds challenges in Max Damage, I kept getting a teleporting ped bug that kept me from winning, actually I might check to see if there is a trainer that can do "kill all peds on map" and I'll just hit that once I've killed all but the glitched ones.

Absolutey totally unacceptable that I have to do that to progress but there are no other games that have all the things I like in Carmageddon together so I have no choice lol

Tommi84

Wait, WHAT?! Need to copy the game back to PS5 internal to play this and get the car. Awesome!!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Ok ok, I’ve been wanting to check this game out. Now I have to. I’ll listen to Iron Maiden as well, to really bring back my Carmageddon 2 nostalgia

Neilg

The wreckfest devs really need to take on the next carmageddon. People were saying so years ago and now that they're actually working together? it has to happen!

Interested to see how this looks when you can slow down a bit, seems like they ported the maps from carma1 over exactly as they were, down to the textures.

makaveli60

What’s the consensus on the ps4 Carmageddon sequel? Back in the day I really liked those games. Would I enjoy this “new” one?

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Free even for PS+ lowlifes like me?

Why green blood though? What is this, '90s Nintendo?

I miss the simple 3D pedestrians of Carmageddon 2. You got bonus points if you hit them hard enough that their limbs went flying off.

IIRC for Carmageddon 64 they made the blood green and said they were “zombies”

Patrick S.

Banned

I miss the simple 3D pedestrians of Carmageddon 2. You got bonus points if you hit them hard enough that their limbs went flying off.

IIRC for Carmageddon 64 they made the blood green and said they were “zombies”

In the German version you were mowing down robots.

Guess someone will mod red blood in.

G-Bus

Banned
Oh hell yeah. This will get me back into Wreckfest.

What a damn good match up. Kudos to who ever thought this up.

coffinbirth

Nice! A great reason to fire up Wreckfest again!
Anyone out there try Max Damage on Series X/S? Curious if the framerate issues are smoothed out with the hardware upgrade.

xrnzaaas

Nice, I always liked Carmageddon and it's not only nostalgia, because I also enjoyed the last game that came out during previous generation.

GinSama

The physics of wreckfest are fantastic….
And with content of carmageddon?? That’s like a match made in heaven

I didn’t like that much of the last carmageddon…..

Neilg

What’s the consensus on the ps4 Carmageddon sequel? Back in the day I really liked those games. Would I enjoy this “new” one?

It's good, but technically a little rough around the edges. I heard the console load times and performance was rough. Playing on a PC with an SSD, it's great.
at times really nails the magic of the first 2.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Upgraded the Xbox version. Game looks and runs better now. Played a lil bit, these guys need to remaster Carma 1 and 2 asap!

Since the update I've noticed heavy screen tearing that I never noticed before, also weird shimmering on objects in the background and tyre mark textures visually pop in and out. ☹

I hope this gets fixed.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
First Carma game with is pixellated graphics was the best. Sending grannies with a handbrake into heaven was priceless. Carma must be married with Quarantine and Street Rod, so Forza and all the other cravatted soulless driving games could finally retire hand in hand with Fifa.

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Banned
First Carma game with is pixellated graphics was the best. Sending grannies with a handbrake into heaven was priceless. Carma must be married with Quarantine and Street Rod, so Forza and all the other cravatted soulless driving games could finally retire hand in hand with Fifa.
The hours I've spent with those games... I still have another, sealed copy of Carmageddon 1, too :)

Top Bottom