• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckreation (Racing game by Three Fields for THQ Nordic. PC/PS5/Xb Series) Burnoutese Democracy

CamHostage

This is the new racing project from Three Fields Entertainment, formed by some ex-pats of the Burnout development team. They have been making Burnout Lite indie games for a little while now (they made Dangerous Driving and Danger Zone, spiritual successors of Burnout and its Crash Mode, plus Dangerous Golf, and they had a Dangerous Driving sequel which probably grew into this,) and this is their first major label title. By the description, it reads like a combination of Burnout Paradise and Trackmania, mixed with a little programming complexity of LBP. There is a whole open-world designed to race around in, 400 square KMs of land to drive around as you like, but then also you can put wild stunt tracks and ramps and obstacles anywhere you want. (It appears that the open-world city is groomed and locked down, although you can place buildings. So this isn't like ModNation where you can change everything and redo the topography; instead, it's more like a skatepark designer where you put dangerous stuff everywhere you see and then ramp off it all.)

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
Wreckreation is exactly that. Developed by Three Fields Entertainment, the UK-based team comprised of veteran arcade racing game developers, Wreckreation finally hands you the keys to your own MixWorld. This will be a MixWorld that you can decorating and personalize,
either alone or in collaboration with your friends online. A place of your own where you can continually strive to outrace, out-stunt or even out-crash yourself and others with courses, tracks and game modes designed by you – or your friends – but yours will probably be better.

Features​

Mix Your World​

Personalise your MixWorld that you design from free camera view. Place jumps, loops, stunt ramps, half and full pipes, meet up points, and moving obstacles almost anywhere in your MixWorld. Build roads on and off-road, across lakes, out to sea or up in the sky. Once you’ve explored your World, you get to rename everything. Soon the whole world really will know your name!

cX9Rl05.png

Mix Your Car​

Paint colors, finishes, wheels, boost flames, engine sounds, glass colors, tires, brake lights, manual or stick – you name it, you can customize it. Vehicle options will be right there for the taking from the beginning. After all, this is your MixWorld. Now it’s your way AND the highway right?

MixModes​

In your MixWorld you are the GameDJ. You now have the power to create and control the gameplay. This can be a simple as creating a quick, individual race to the next intersection or a team stunt event where catching the most air and landing the first barrel roll can help your team take the win. Grant others temporary powers as ‘Guest DJ’ as well. Try new things, experiment and create your own game modes. Share with your friends or the community.

zpU8Z97.jpg

Mix Your Music​

What’s the second thing you do after starting your car? Figure out what you’re going to listen to. Wreckreation offers its own, old-school FM Radio dial featuring 16 stations ranging from Disco to Gospel or from Movie Music to Smooth Jazz. Talk Radio provides meaningful updates about what’s happening in your MixWorld. You can also stream your favorite playlist from your Premium Spotify account.

Be a Wreckord Breaker​

Set records seven different ways on every road you drive – every time you drive: Drift, Air, Near Miss, Oncoming, Stunt, Crash and the more traditional Fastest Time. In Wreckcreation, all wreckorded, no matter what you’re doing. Define how your Friends can challenge you by ‘locking’ different Wreckord Types to different roads.

Mix It All​

Choose time of Day, Weather and Traffic! What happens in your MixWorld is up to you. At the click of a button, change the time, change the weather, and turn the traffic on or off. Settle in and make yourself comfortable.

jjaoyZ7.png

Vacant Lots​

Empty areas you’ll discover throughout your MixWorld. We built this city on Wreck and Roll! An opportunity to build structures that can inform MixModes and experiences beyond the structure’s footprint. Example: Add a police station and see more of a police presence.

(*This came out earlier but apparently most of the THQ event trailers didn't get cross-posted, so if you've ever wanted to own an OT, pick one and get that achievement...)

Last edited:
Reminds me of Trackmania Turbo.
Regardless, I really wish UE games didn't had the same look.
With Unity some developers do manage to make their games look different, so I don't know if it's an UE issue or not.
Why choose this game for a UE rant? I'd be upset also, if this were an RPG that looked like something out of a UE tech demo, but not a car/racing game.

Fredrik

Stuntfest and now Wreckreation?

THQ, what are you doing?
Wreckfest 2 is all we need.
More arcade racing is never a bad thing and Wreckfest is a whole other game.

Seems like solid fun to me. I just hope it’s easy to make tracks, it’s too complicated to get it right in Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels.

OZ9000

Banned
Well, the online collaborative editing seems like an interesting concept.

Regardless, I really wish UE games didn't had the same look.
With Unity some developers do manage to make their games look different, so I don't know if it's an UE issue or not.
Graphically the game looks quite good. I don't see the issue.

Unreal engine 2 and 3 games all looked the same and THAT was terrible.

I remember back in the PS3 era every title had the same rendering style as Gears of War and Unreal Tournament. I hated it.

Top Bottom