• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTX: Sony has only added one PS1 game to PS Plus Premium in six months

GymWolf

I was referring to PS4 games. Though I'm not sure why the PS1 streaming quality would be worse. If PS1 games are streaming only though that truly sucks.
Yes, old titles are only with streaming and the quality is puke inducing.

Keihart

Surprised Meme GIF

TLZ

Banned
It's ironic that the extra is such a good deal for $40 more and the premium is such a ripoff at $20 on top of that. Seriously the Nintendo one kicks it's ass and people made fun of that one.
Sony PS has somehow made Nintendo's offering look good.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Getting that xbox with gamepass and backwards compatibility recently only made me realize how much this Ps Plus premium sucks dick. I don't even wanna keep it anymore because many of the games that are there are also on xbox and they're better versions anyway.

Why Sony doesn't have something equivalent to FPS boost is beyond me and the fact that in many cases you actually have to pay for a performance upgrade on PS5 is pathetic.

Sony is just trash and the only thing that saves them right now are those first party exclusives.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Time to "unlaunch" the Premium tier.
Put everything in premium into extra and just scratch premium entirely.

Think of how much easier it would be to manage for people.
You have PS+ and PS+ Extra.
Done an dusted.

It would also make PS+ Extra seemingly a better deal than GPU.

P.S Scrap PS+ Deluxe, just region price properly ya bastards.

Gudji

Getting that xbox with gamepass and backwards compatibility recently only made me realize how much this Ps Plus premium sucks dick. I don't even wanna keep it anymore because many of the games that are there are also on xbox and they're better versions anyway.

Why Sony doesn't have something equivalent to FPS boost is beyond me and the fact that in many cases you actually have to pay for a performance upgrade on PS5 is pathetic.

Sony is just trash and the only thing that saves them right now are those first party exclusives.
Yeah Sony is really bad. Imagine if their saving grace was an extremely limited backwards compatibility feature and a bad implemented fps boost in select games, that would make them much better.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Yeah Sony is really bad. Imagine if their saving grace was an extremely limited backwards compatibility feature and a bad implemented fps boost in select games, that would make them much better.
Wow you convinced me that I was totally incorrect in my assertion.

I shall go back to playing shitty PS3 ports via cloud streaming where I can enjoy video compression and poor framerates.

They should finish Resident Evil 1.5 and put it on there as “Resident Evil 2 Alternate” or something. The code and betas literally exist. They could market it as a new long lost classic Resident Evil.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

I think my spending is way more efficient than those stacking years of either PS+ or GP as if they guarantee they gonna live that long.:messenger_winking_tongue: Also I was gonna buy some of the games coming to Extra, and I always get PS+ essential, so I don't think like I spent than needed, but actually was quite cheap and downloaded Pow Patrol for my kiddo and other kiddy games.

"Sony is really bad...what saves their videogame console are...the videogames they release" 🤷‍♂️

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Can you guide me guys?

I'm about to have the ps5, but which subscription is worth it?

Which one includes ps3 games and if they are downloaded or via streaming? What internet speed would i need to play them.

Gudji

Can you guide me guys?

I'm about to have the ps5, but which subscription is worth it?

Which one includes ps3 games and if they are downloaded or via streaming? What internet speed would i need to play them.
Get extra. Premium only if you want to play some remasters and a few select psx and ps2 games. PS3 games are only playable on the cloud.

Anyways before the purchase you can check the full list of games on the console or even now online on the Web.

wipeout364

Very disappointed in Sony’s approach to classic PS1 games. I knew they would do a bad job of it I just didn’t appreciate how much they didn’t care.

There is no reason I can see why we don’t final fantasy tactics, all the Final fantasy ps one games, Xenogears, street fighters, Dino Crisis etc I could go on and on. Weirdly barely any Sony first party stuff from PSone is on there as well.

Fake

Can't blame them, PS1 games on a 4k tv look like absolute shit

Speak for yourself. If you only use lazy emulation like what Sony is doing right now.

There are far better emulation that can do amazing 4k PS1 games and proper scanlines.

Last edited:

Drew1440

The PlayStation Classic tells you all you need to know what modern Sony considers its legacy. The PS3 has a much more impressive lineup of classic games.
Microsoft could also do better in this area, there are OG Xbox titles that can be brought on 360 (Originals), but cannot be played on the Series/One consoles.

lordrand11

Yep, the 3DS and Wii U digital stores will be closing next year, which means those games will no longer be available to buy as they are locked to a subscription service on Switch.
Smartest idea is to CFW both of those to open up functionality after they close those doors. They did that with the DS and creating private servers for games like MK DS

I stopped my sub to ps+ altogether once the new tiers came out. I was close to pulling the trigger during Black Friday, but I refrained. Yeah, I lose access to my PS+ library but I’m ok with that, I can live without it

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Remember when Sony boys complain about Nintendo online service that doesn't has too much stuff? Where are them now? Don't remember two errors makes a right

Drizzlehell

Banned
Oh yeah...cause crossgen games aren't developed by Sony suddently nor can they be top notch 🤷‍♂️
Well, you started by completely misinterpreting what I was talking about.

I was mainly speaking how Sony is mishandling their subscription service and backwards compatibility compared to Xbox. In my experience Xbox's library of BC games is far bigger and has a more interesting selection, it has the added benefit of FPS boost in many of them, and then there's the fact that Xbox 360 ports were generally superior and suffered from fewer technical problems compared to PS3. Most importantly, you can download play them from the console instead of relying on cloud streaming, which is a neat concept but in practice it's still not ideal and playing games directly from the box is far better. And that's even with a fast fiber internet which I have.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Remember when Sony boys complain about Nintendo online service that doesn't has too much stuff? Where are them now? Don't remember two errors makes a right
They are here complaining about Premium, nothing to do with silly console wars.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The sad truth is that they'll use this (and playtime metrics) to mistakenly think that people don't want to play classic games.

Crayon

In terms of classics you're absolutely right but with premium you get a lot of PS3 games and PS4 streaming too.

You would think PS1 games would be the easiest to add. There's probably a lot of legal/licencing issues from probably now defunct/dead companies/people for PS1 games, who knows

I'd be into the streaming if I could do it on my phone. That would be a good value add. Also, I always forget to try the demos. The premium sell in my is cemented on that pre-ps3 library, tho. I had the impression that was supposed to be the main event.

SSfox

I downloaded Tekken 2 and Biohazard, waiting for MGS, PE and other RE games and more.

Would've been nice to have trophies, but at least emulation is pretty good.

SSfox

In terms of classics you're absolutely right but with premium you get a lot of PS3 games and PS4 streaming too.

You would think PS1 games would be the easiest to add. There's probably a lot of legal/licencing issues from probably now defunct/dead companies/people for PS1 games, who knows.
They can add millions games but if it's Streaming it's dogshit and don't count.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I didn't realize people still buy hundreds of dollars worth of gaming boxes to play games from 25 years ago.

They don't. Especially as -and this has been referenced elsewhere in this thread- PS1 emulation is hardly uncommon at this point in time!

Its just an excuse to complain.

The objective reality is that PS1 emulation is basically impossible to monetize at this point. There's no market for it anymore. Basically there's been functionally perfect PS1 emulation on everything from phones up for fucking years, and coming from gray market sources they don't have to play by the same rules regarding licensing and paying the actual copyright holders.

Its basically a PR exercise at this point for Sony, because trying to make money from it is a fool's errand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom