• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K23 ends Hogwarts Legacy's reign as champion | UK Boxed Charts

onQ123

But boxed launch sales are down 26% over last year's title

Hogwarts Legacy's five-week stay as the UK's best-selling physical video game is over, as WWE 2K23 climbs to the top of the ladder.

2K's game sold 26% fewer boxed copies at launch compared with last year's title: WWE 2K22. 2K22 was the first title in the series for over two years, and so it may have benefitted from strong pent-up demand from fans. This is purely physical sales, and digital sales may also make up the difference.

53% of boxed sales were on PS5, 23% on PS4, 15% on Xbox Series S and X, and 9% on Xbox One. Expect the Xbox Series figure to grow once the digital data comes in, due (in part) to the strong sales of the Xbox Series S console, which is digital only.

Hogwarts Legacy is down to No.2 with a 24% drop in sales week-on-week, with FIFA 23 at No.3 (sales down 26%). The next two titles are for Nintendo Switch, and they both saw sales rise.

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is up 3%, but that wasn't enough to stop it dropping down a place to No.4. Impressively, Metroid Prime: Remastered (at No.5) saw sales rise 24% in its third week, which is an unusual feat for a game that was only recently launched (particularly one aimed at a more hardcore audience). One thing to consider is the game was released on Nintendo's digital store in February (Nintendo does not share digital sales figures), so the title has been on sale for a lot longer via other channels.

Super Mario Odyssey re-enters the Top Ten at No.9. The game is included in a new Nintendo Switch hardware bundle, which was launched to coincide with the upcoming Super Mario Bros movie. Odyssey's sales rose 55% last week, and are up 40% again this week.

vQwWc9I.png

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/wwe-2k23-ends-hogwarts-legacys-reign-as-champion-uk-boxed-charts

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But boxed launch sales are down 26% over last year's title

Hogwarts Legacy's five-week stay as the UK's best-selling physical video game is over, as WWE 2K23 climbs to the top of the ladder.

2K's game sold 26% fewer boxed copies at launch compared with last year's title: WWE 2K22. 2K22 was the first title in the series for over two years, and so it may have benefitted from strong pent-up demand from fans. This is purely physical sales, and digital sales may also make up the difference.

53% of boxed sales were on PS5, 23% on PS4, 15% on Xbox Series S and X, and 9% on Xbox One. Expect the Xbox Series figure to grow once the digital data comes in, due (in part) to the strong sales of the Xbox Series S console, which is digital only.

Hogwarts Legacy is down to No.2 with a 24% drop in sales week-on-week, with FIFA 23 at No.3 (sales down 26%). The next two titles are for Nintendo Switch, and they both saw sales rise.

Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is up 3%, but that wasn't enough to stop it dropping down a place to No.4. Impressively, Metroid Prime: Remastered (at No.5) saw sales rise 24% in its third week, which is an unusual feat for a game that was only recently launched (particularly one aimed at a more hardcore audience). One thing to consider is the game was released on Nintendo's digital store in February (Nintendo does not share digital sales figures), so the title has been on sale for a lot longer via other channels.

Super Mario Odyssey re-enters the Top Ten at No.9. The game is included in a new Nintendo Switch hardware bundle, which was launched to coincide with the upcoming Super Mario Bros movie. Odyssey's sales rose 55% last week, and are up 40% again this week.

vQwWc9I.png

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/wwe-2k23-ends-hogwarts-legacys-reign-as-champion-uk-boxed-charts
WWE2k22? lol

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I didn't know I wanted a Hogwarts MMO until Hogwarts Legacy dropped.

He's serious.

Wasn't it 6 years? Also,
Damn, Harry had to live there for like 7 years
if I was given a chance, I would not just live there for 7 years. I would try to become a teacher(or even become the caretaker if I was not given the chance) to stay there my whole life. Why does he think Harry staying there for 6 years is so bad?

NickFire

Hogwarts will be back on top soon. If not before then when last gen launches. Then again when Switch version launches.

Woopah

Still a very impressive run for Hogwarts Legacy.

Also was not expecting Prime's sales to go UP. I guess Nintendo managed a restock.

Top Bottom