• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X05 In Amsterdam

MEDIA ALERT
THE NEXT GENERATION OF CONSOLE GAMING STARTS IN AMSTERDAM AT X05

LONDON, 12/08/2005 - Today Microsoft lifted the shroud of mystery surrounding the location for X05 and confirmed that Amsterdam will be the city to host this years X0 event. Often referred to as one of the most colourful and vibrant cities in the world, Amsterdam´s sophisticated culture and modern mentality make it the perfect home for this year´s Xbox® invite-only brand experience for the games and entertainment industry.
A highlight of the gaming calendar, Xbox enjoys this opportunity to bring together gamers from around the world and create a unique and immersive experience for their guests. X05 will be held on October 4th and 5th this year and will offer global industry leaders the chance to fully experience Xbox 360; including the first opportunity to play next generation games.

As previous events have shown, location is a key part of the X0 mix. X01 was memorably held in Pierre Cardin´s Bubble House in Cannes, whilst La Isla Magica (Seville) was the theme-park location of X02 and X03 saw guests at an exclusive beach club location in Juan-les-Pins.

Chris Lewis, regional vice president, Xbox, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), said: "We put a great deal of thought into determining the location for X05. We have a lot of exciting announcements to make this year and it was essential that we make them in the right place. To tell you our rational for choosing Amsterdam would reveal some of our plans and we want to keep those as secret as possible! Suffice to say that after X05 it will be clear that the next generation starts with Xbox. Xbox will be sending out more communication and invitations over the next few weeks.

BirdySky

Makes sense. Everyone will be stoned. Bound to improve the love for the machines in the err critics web reports. "GAF HEADLINE: XBOX360 ROCKS. WE LVOE YOU GUYS!"

Amir0x

Banned
BirdySky said:
Makes sense. Everyone will be stoned. Bound to improve the love for the machines in the err critics web reports. "GAF HEADLINE: XBOX360 ROCKS. WE LVOE YOU GUYS!"

:D

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
BirdySky said:

Cool, you even simulated typos! :lol :D

Hooker

What do you mean "I'll be there!"

How the hell do you get into a press only event?! ... Because I want in too!!!

AniHawk

Hooker said:
What do you mean "I'll be there!"

How the hell do you get into a press only event?! ... Because I want in too!!!

I think Blimblim works for MS, but I'm not sure. He's one of the people "in the know," I believe.

AniHawk said:
I think Blimblim works for MS, but I'm not sure. He's one of the people "in the know," I believe.

You don't have to work for Microsoft. It's enough to be a registered Press member at Microsoft (at least in Italy). If you run a Xbox related publication (web or paper) and have a certain amount of readers they invite you. The cool thing is that they pay up for everything: trip, hotel, meals, etc. At least they did so in the last few X0x's.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
johnjohnson said:
Is there a date for the X05 yet?
October 4&5.
And no I do not work for MS, but my site is now quite successful (biggest Xbox site in france, I guess also in the top european sites too). So while I have no firm confirmation I'll be invited, I don't have much doubts I will.
Edit: "... there's nothing important written here ..." Pwned :D

Hooker

Oh... :(

Well, if someone happens to get an extra ticket, give me a call!! You can keep the meals, hotels, trip-money. I'll sort that one out for myself :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
johnjohnson said:
:p

I expected the date to be sometimes in september. So I searched for september and didn't find anything :(
I'm quite happy X05 will be after TGS, so this time we can also see all the games that will be presented there.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
johnjohnson said:
You don't have to work for Microsoft. It's enough to be a registered Press member at Microsoft (at least in Italy). If you run a Xbox related publication (web or paper) and have a certain amount of readers they invite you. The cool thing is that they pay up for everything: trip, hotel, meals, etc. At least they did so in the last few X0x's.
What about freelancers working for smaller/mainstream pubs? I have to go to the Frankfurt car expo and maybe then I'll take some vacations, it'd be cool if I could jump from Frankfurt to Amsterdam and then go home.

*scribes to MS*

Blimblim

The Inside Track
shibbs said:
Hm, so close to home but theres no way i can get it :( You NEED a invitation right?
Yup. Even if you are willing to pay for the trip/hotel, you won't get in. You are either invited and MS pays for everything, or you don't go there at all.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OH SNAP, I will have just moved to amsterdam by then, I'm supposed to go to this. MUST SNEAK IN.

warhead said:
Damnit, so close... Can anyone hook me up with an invite?

I don't think that would be possible. At X03 Microsoft handed out much less invites than they used to prior to that. I think they are giving out one invite for smaller publications and 2 to bigger ones. And they are bound to the name on the invite. Therefore your chances are at about 0,00000000001% ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
johnjohnson said:
I don't think that would be possible. At X03 Microsoft handed out much less invites than they used to prior to that. I think they are giving out one invite for smaller publications and 2 to bigger ones. And they are bound to the name on the invite. Therefore your chances are at about 0,00000000001% ;)

OH SCREW IT. If one successfully snuck in to such an event, how quickly would one be discovered?

I probably have some kinda chance of goin...

MS emailed me the past two press release's (the one where X05 was confirmed to be taking place and then one you see above) I am sure they will cut me off their though and it will be the last I hear from them until their are looking to premote the 360 :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if you're allowed to take a camcorder and film it, take a wifi webcam and then others can sit outside and tune in :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Chittagong said:
AMSTERDAMTON don't say you didn't think about it

could it be as dull as Amsterdam being a city in PGR3? There must be some connection.

Or maybe they are going to delay the launch until 2006 in Europe, and they want everyone 'calm' for the announcement.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
This can only mean that GTA4 is set in Amsterdam and 360 exclusive.

Its the only feasible explanation

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
mrklaw said:
could it be as dull as Amsterdam being a city in PGR3? There must be some connection.

Makes sense.

mrklaw said:
Or maybe they are going to delay the launch until 2006 in Europe, and they want everyone 'calm' for the announcement.

This does make even more sense. Good point :D

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
Amsterdam eh!

We can only expect that J. Allard. In his travel to the coolness he won´t use some of the "fantastic" plants of Holland.

byproduct

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ghost said:
This can only mean that GTA4 is set in Amsterdam and 360 exclusive.

Its the only feasible explanation

Cue one hundred posts to the theme of "GTA is so tired and overrated..."

TomO

Blimblim said:
Yup. Even if you are willing to pay for the trip/hotel, you won't get in. You are either invited and MS pays for everything, or you don't go there at all.

Do they pay for the flight over there as well Blimblim?

Top Bottom