• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 20th Anniversary Livestream - November 15th

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
There were rumours of a Fable reveal at this event.

Keeping my expectations in check. Halo alone is going to be enough for me.

pqueue

My contribution to the history part: X360 launch.

OWk7qxk.jpg

NZYJgpz.jpg

PhaseJump

Banned
I hope for more surprises than the leaks and rumors allude to. I want it to top the big back compat announcement back around the time when Ironside was doing his sit down talk with Major Nelson. If it doesn't beat that onslaught of available OG games, it'll be a bummer even with delayed Halo.

I want more OG and 360 stuff than what we've seen popping up.
I want OG Xbox Live instances and System Link tunneling built into the dashboard on One and Series consoles.
I want back compat fully emulated or running under Windows 10 as well.
I want game pass on Steam.
I want industry shaking acquisition announcements out of Japan.
I want a fellow shit lord to photoshop Phil Spencer's quote and autograph on the anniversary controller to say "JRPGs? Keep Asking! - Phil Spencer" for stupid lols that only weeaboos will feel kicked by.

giphy.gif

Banned
I want OG Xbox Live instances and System Link tunneling built into the dashboard on One and Series consoles.

giphy.gif

og Xbox Live would need patches to every compatible game tho. og Xbox games would crash due to the new friends system and other updates Xbox Live got over the years.
online System Link should be easy to implement tho.

both would be awesome, but I don't see Xbox Live happening tbh. Online LAN maybe

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

PhaseJump

Banned
og Xbox Live would need patches to every compatible game tho. og Xbox games would crash due to the new friends system and other updates Xbox Live got over the years.

online System Link should be easy to implement tho.

Yeah, I'm sure they can afford to hire some engineers to work on instancing each game and rig together some patchwork bullshit Live system that handles addressing everything with the old accounts. Not that anybody would actually use it for more than 5 minutes though.

Banned

that's not what he means. System Link tunnelling = making the console/game think you use a LAN setup, but you actually connect to a server/other console online.
you can do this using PC programs like Xlink Kai, but having native support for it would be way better

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
Tunneling of system link has been a no brainer on my feature wish list for a long time.

Just imagine being able to play the old LAN party way with your friends over modern Xbox Live without hassle. Without needing to pay for Gold or something like that either. They could go the extra mile and put together tunneling social features in the Windows Xbox app to pick up and host it on your home network for OG & 360 consoles to use.

I don't expect it to happen. I only expect Major Nelson to show up and nefariously attempt to brainwash me into buying new special edition controllers and consoles.

Best Halo Infinite Campaign footage available anywhere in terms of video quality for those who have yet to see it. I'm stunned I'm only seeing it today.

nush

Gold Member
I hope for more surprises than the leaks and rumors allude to. I want it to top the big back compat announcement back around the time when Ironside was doing his sit down talk with Major Nelson. If it doesn't beat that onslaught of available OG games, it'll be a bummer even with delayed Halo.

I want more OG and 360 stuff than what we've seen popping up.
I want back compat fully emulated or running under Windows 10 as well.
I want game pass on Steam.
I want industry shaking acquisition announcements out of Japan.
I want a fellow shit lord to photoshop Phil Spencer's quote and autograph on the anniversary controller to say "JRPGs? Keep Asking! - Phil Spencer" for stupid lols that only weeaboos will feel kicked by.

giphy.gif

How do you do fellow shit lord?

vGlmjbm.jpg

Top Bottom