• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 'All Access' now coming to Brazil for R$170/mo ($32 USD), Series S only, includes 21mo of GPU. The 'All Access' program is now in 20 countries.

New trailer ad,

https://news.xbox.com/pt-br/2022/12...rasil-com-xbox-series-s-e-game-pass-ultimate/
Whether you're an existing Xbox owner looking to upgrade to the newest console, or you're joining the Xbox family for the first time, with Xbox All Access you've got everything you need to play - an Xbox Series S and 21 months of Xbox One membership. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – suggested value of BRL 170.99 monthly for 21 months. We are excited to bring Xbox All Access to Brazilian gamers this holiday season.

With Xbox All Access, you not only get a next-gen console, but an instant library of hundreds of quality console, PC, and mobile games. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, players also get access to exclusive hits from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda at launch, such as Forza Horizon 5 , Grounded , Sea of Thieves , and Minecraft .

With Xbox Series S, there's a library of hundreds of quality games, online multiplayer, cloud gaming and more. Xbox All Access is everything you need to experience the best of Xbox for one low monthly price.
Xbox All Access is available in 20 countries

The Xbox All Access (XAA) program is available in the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and other countries. Now, Xbox All Access arrives in Brazil, giving more players the opportunity to get everything they need to enter the next generation.
XAA_SeriesS_SocialBanners_16x9-69b91c2386d605a8db6f.png

XAAInfografico-0aef8aebd99b9d70d29c.jpg

The price in Brazilain real converts to about $32 USD a month for R$170.99 for 21 months, which ends up at R$3590 at the end of the program.

Considering that the MSRP Series S and Gamepass without this deal costs R$3423, not only is this a good deal for Brazillians who don't have to pay a massive cost upfront and can just pay a small amount monthly for 21 months, but also save R$167 if they go with 'All Access' by the end of the contract, than if they were to buy the Series S upfront.

Brazillians also get an additional discount of only having to have the contract for 21 months instead of 24 unlike other countries, meaning that the Series S and Gamepass costs are reduced by 3 months in cost each.

Also Xbox announces that the 'All Access' is now in 20 countries and will likely continue to grow. I'm curious how many consoles have been sold through it because it seems to be gaining traction more and more since its introduction (for current Xbox consoles.)

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
New trailer ad,

https://news.xbox.com/pt-br/2022/12...rasil-com-xbox-series-s-e-game-pass-ultimate/

XAA_SeriesS_SocialBanners_16x9-69b91c2386d605a8db6f.png

XAAInfografico-0aef8aebd99b9d70d29c.jpg

The price in Brazilain real converts to about $32 USD a month for R$170.99 for 21 months, which ends up at R$3590 at the end of the program.

Considering that the MSRP Series S and Gamepass without this deal costs R$3423, not only is this a good deal for Brazillians who don't have to pay a massive cost upfront and can just pay a small amount monthly for 21 months, but also save R$167 if they go with 'All Access' by the end of the contract, than if they were to buy the Series S upfront.

Brazillians also get an additional discount of only having to have the contract for 21 months instead of 24 unlike other countries, meaning that the Series S and Gamepass costs are reduced by 3 months in cost each.

Also Xbox announces that the 'All Access' is now in 20 countries and will likely continue to grow. I'm curious how many consoles have been sold through it because it seems to be gaining traction more and more since its introduction (for current Xbox consoles.)

That reads like a paid promotion......🤔

I joke.....or am I?

In all seriousness, I hate these plans. I've seen too many people fall into debt taking out multiple credit plans and destroy their credit rating.

If you can't afford an Xbox, why not save a bit of money every month and then buy it outright? Not only will you save money, but there won't be any danger of falling into debt you can't pay back.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That reads like a paid promotion......🤔

I joke.....or am I?

In all seriousness, I hate these plans. I've seen too many people fall into debt taking out multiple credit plans and destroy their credit rating.

If you can't afford an Xbox, why not save a bit of money every month and then buy it outright? Not only will you save money, but there won't be any danger of falling into debt you can't pay back.
Just don't use credit card and problem solved. Here basically all it's known is debit card.

I presume you can have debit card with your bank account in Anglo-countries as well.

If you can't afford an Xbox, why not save a bit of money every month and then buy it outright?

I think you're not understanding how beneficial and frequently used payment plans are for lower income people and/or countries.

Anything can happen at any time to make saving longer or hard to do, but if you are just throwing out $32 a month for 21 months and you now own that platform it doesn't cut as badly into your finances for other things.

The belief that payment plans are bad unless you're well off seems to be a bizarre new thing taking off that wasn't common sentiment 15 years ago or earlier. Payment plans were always meant to give easier accessibility to more people toward a product. They were always a separate thing from Credit Cards because there isn't a entire value dropped on you that you can overspend on, the payment plans are specific and to ONE product.

Which is why so many people have high-end Samsung and Apple phones when they wouldn't in any other caser if those payment plans were not there.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just don't use credit card and problem solved. Here basically all it's known is debit card.

I presume you can have debit card with your bank account in Anglo-countries as well.
Not really. They will still report you to credit collection if you default.

M1chl

It means not paying the monthly bill / fee / charge in this context. In general it means breaching the contract.
Hmm not being able to pay bills is pretty bad situation... it's the situation when you ask government for assistance.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What does it mean default, like when you reach 0 on your account?
Sorry for dumb question
Yes, if you fall behind on payments and can't pay, the program will report you to creditors.

Hmm not being able to pay bills is pretty bad situation... it's the situation when you ask government for assistance.
Which is why if you can't afford to buy one, you should not take on more debt, no matter the payment structure.

Last edited:

M1chl

Yes, if you fall behind on payments and can't pay, the program will report you to creditors.

Which is why if you can't afford to buy one, you should not take on more debt, no matter the payment structure.
I have never been in situation, when I couldn't pay my bills, so thankfully I don't know. We don't have credit score here. You just ask government and they will force you to find a job and until then they pay certain amount for you.

So in other words you're paying equivalent $357 for the Series S through this. Either that or the price for GPU increased there but I don't remember that happening.

I have never been in situation, when I couldn't pay my bills, so thankfully I don't know. We don't have credit score here. You just ask government and they will force you to find a job and until then they pay certain amount for you.

Czech has scores but it's tied to participating banks and lenders in groups or individually, there's just no universal score assigned by odd metrics different ways against 3 private government associated companies universally like it is in the US.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Cool. It’s a great way to get more consoles in more hands that can’t afford a lump sum at once. Not to mention, while on your two year contract, you get new games at no additional price. I mean, fuck, that’s awesome.

Brazilion Repo man. Coming for your Xbox.
But seriously could this be used to build up credit scores?

Last edited:
Brazilion Repo man. Coming for your Xbox.
But seriously could this be used to build up credit scores?

All Access is financed by banks so yes because banks report the on-time payments to the credit bureaus. I don't know if Brazil has a creditscoring system but it is also financed by (the biggest) a large bank in Brazil called Banco Itaú Unibanco.

In the US multiple banks are used. Although I'm not sure about the Verizon ones.

Outlier

They are slowly implementing currency leeching programs into our lives. Soon they'll be able to ensure somebodies hands are always in our pockets.

I say this because ask yourself if you are certain that you will always have a reason to justify having your money leave your account, for something you might not use enough. I know I wouldn't have a use for these subscriptions, but they are looking for ways to make it harder to avoid.

Top Bottom