• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Developer Direct 25th January (8pm UK / 3pm ET / 12pm PT)

GHG

Gold Member
What a show!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT HI-FI RUSH IS SO FUCKING MINE!

I can say it right now: Hi-Fi Rush will be one of my very favorite games of the entire generation. It looks like what you would have wished for in a Sunset Overdrive or Jet Set Radio style sequel. The game looks great.

That looks like a dream game. And Redfall... I was hyped before, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to look as good as it did. I'm blown away. Blew my expectations away.

Even Minecraft Legends looks like a far better, more exciting game than I was expecting. Forza just looked downright incredible, and there's still Starfield and whatever other surprises they have up their sleeves this year? That's how you start things out for the new gen.

This can't be a real post.

DaGwaphics

Hi-Fi Rush is so much more interesting looking than the rumors suggested. I might not get to it tonight but tomorrow I'll get started on that one. Love the art style and a beat game will be a good change of pace from what I've been playing. While I love the bigger blockbuster experiences just as much as the next guy, these kind of outside the typical lines games (Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Grounded, etc.) are perfect for GP and something the industry needs overall.

I was impressed with the showing for Red Fall, it really stole the show for me. Looks like something you could sink some serious time into.

Overall a great showcase. Forza isn't necessarily my game (I prefer FH) but it looked great and 60fps with RT on track is quite a feat. It looked great from the footage they showed as well.

Loved the general format of the show as well. They should keep doing these. They could maybe even do game specific ones just before the release dates.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member

I can say it right now: Hi-Fi Rush will be one of my very favorite games of the entire generation. It looks like what you would have wished for in a Sunset Overdrive or Jet Set Radio style sequel. The game looks great.

That looks like a dream game. And Redfall... I was hyped before, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to look as good as it did. I'm blown away. Blew my expectations away.

Even Minecraft Legends looks like a far better, more exciting game than I was expecting. Forza just looked downright incredible, and there's still Starfield and whatever other surprises they have up their sleeves this year? That's how you start things out for the new gen.
Who let the 7 year old version of Phil sit at the adult table.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This can't be a real post.
Brought to you by,
microsoft GIF

The end line makes me think this is a joke.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
MS released Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 a month apart.

Sony released Horizon and GT7 a month apart.

You’re also making the (unfounded) assumption that MS has no H2 2023 AAA game(s) lined up.
Keep crying, it's speculation on my part.
well see scream queens GIF

Freeza93

Banned
That’s why I’m telling you. If the graphics aren’t equivalent to a steak from a 5 star restaurant he’s sending it back. He does it for literally everything. He knows what butters his bread.
Sounds shallow. But as it pleases i guess.

NEbeast

Is it still 2020.
Back To The Future Film GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
dont care about ESO or redfall
hi fi rush looks really cool but i feel like they coulda picked a better music genre, like gabber or something that has emphasis on the kicks. would make staying on beat way easier and way more fun for me. everything else about the game though is oozing with style and in general it seems like a fun time. i don't see the hate here
the minecraft legends game actually interests me quite a bit, it seems like a fun RTS
Forza looks great as usual but i hate the lack of release date and actual gameplay. getting a bit worried about that spring 2023 release date.
overall a solid 5/10 showcase for me. it'd be closer to an actually good score if ESO and redfall were replaced with games i actually wanted to play. (and if they showed more for that forza showcase)

you are one of the biggest fucking clowns of this forum and i hope you get help, you actual shill. you read like an advertisement

Last edited:
Regardless of the content itself, why is MS the only manufacturer/publisher whose presentations feel so dull and cringe-inducing? It's like a watching a robot trying to smile...Everything looks and sounds so...boring and ugly...
Again, this is not a dig at the games themselves...but man do I suffer through MS directs and E3 shows, every freaking year!

Last edited:

Zones

Wasn't Forza last shown and they said everything shown was in the next 12 months?

Shouldn't that have a date already?
It was an obvious lie told in order to make their previous 'E3' showcase sound better than it was.

I mean, remember this?
PUBLISHED JUN 12, 2022

Xbox Has "So Many Games" It's Having Trouble Scheduling Releases, Says Matt Booty​

Xbox is apparently having trouble deciding what games to release when since it has too many games in development and ready to ship.

https://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-h...-trouble-scheduling-releases-says-matt-booty/

Nydius

there’s certainly nothing underwhelming about the Forza showing.
I respectfully disagree. It was the same song and dance as they did last time they had a Forza showcase: Number of cars, number of tracks, "look at this detail!", raytracing.

We already knew these things several months ago. They didn't really show us anything new (other than the new track in South Africa, that is).

Last edited:

fallingdove

Thank god we have the captain of Xbox Astroturf to give us the play by play.

With the exception of Forza, the titles they showed were pretty underwhelming. I don’t know what Aaron Greenberg and team thought this was supposed to achieve. I am less interested in playing Redfall than ever before. Even the new Minecraft expansion looked more interesting.

Killer8

"That's all folks." Pretty disturbing news for Microsoft's lineup this year.

That will be 5 months of effective radio silence after tonight's relatively small showing, which didn't do much to fix the holes in their early 2023 lineup. In fact, it now has bigger holes since Forza is no longer a 'Spring' game.

They better be ready to announce some heavy hitter Fall release dates at E3.

Topher

Gold Member

On cue

Script Kill Count GIF by Dead Meat James

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
The way they are talking about Elder Scrolls and the Lore makes me think they should be making an RPG instead of wasting their time on an MMO that isn’t even mostly played by Elder Scrolls fans anyway.

Ogbert

Regardless of the content itself, why is MS the only manufacturer/publisher whose presentations feel so dull and cringe-inducing? It's like a watching a robot trying to smile...Everything looks and sounds so...boring and ugly...
Again, this is not a dig at the games themselves...but man do I suffer through MS directs and E3 shows, every freaking year!
Because it’s a trillion dollar company with a management layer of vapid, MBA bellends that know next to nothing about video games.

MS will have a core of insanely talented individuals that do most of the important work.

Then the ghouls leech off it and come up with dreary shit like we just witnessed.

It’s the same everywhere.

Everyone likes to clown on slimy snake but he's one of the few that unapologetically calls out shit that looks graphically embarrassing relative to the hardware.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I fell asleep and missed this.

Seems like I didn't miss much.

Hope you slept well. Here's the summary:

How much Microsoft stock do you own? Or are you employed in their social media department?

X-Wing

Hi Fi Rush looks good but it's a minor release.
Redfall and Forza were the bangers of the show, not my cup of tea but I guess the fans of Arkane and Forza can be happy with it.
I don't think anyone over 5 cares about Minecraft.
Ghost Wire is not new anymore since it has been for a while on PS5 and it wasn't that great...
Don't care for ESO.

graphics aren't everything and he treats them like they are
I disagree. He addresses them. He's the graphics guy. He strictly critiques the technical aspect from what I've seen. He doesn't say the story or the acting is without any merit. Or the game is shit itself. He shits on the graphics.

baphomet

This was just a closer look at what they had already announced (outside of Hi-Fi Rush), it wasn't an E3 style show with third-party games and new AAA announcements. It offers a nice look at Red Fall and Hi-Fi Rush if you are interested in those titles.

Looking back at op I guess I misunderstood what it was. I thought it was like upcoming 2023 stuff, not a closer look at stuff they had already announced.

Markio128

Forza looks great - I like the damage and dirt model. Redfall on the other hand looks a bit lacklustre to me, especially for a 1st party game.

Love the excitement, I’m with you on Hi Fi. The best looking cell shaded style game since Jerset. Art style alone I’ll play it with an interesting music concept like metal helsing. Forza isn’t for me but it oozes production quality for those who do. Redfall looks cool, it gives me “been there done that” vibes with its gameplay loop but really won’t know how good because it’s Arlene and their games play better than they show. Minecraft’s legends I’m not hype for but it’s went from my skip to give a try category. And lastly I’m an ESO regular so I’ll give the expansion a try but the game already has too much content which is a good thing. Overall B- show for me, but Hi Fi is game of the show.

Iced Arcade

jesus. I'd say calm your tits but no bra is the world could hold that.

Last edited:
Don't care about Minecraft or it's spin-offs

Don't play ESO

Forza Motorsport still looks great but no release date doesn't look so great.

Hi-Fi Rush was the star of this, especially since I didn't know it even existed before the direct. New IP and something Tango hasn't tried before.

Redfall looks rough visually, but I overlooked Deathloop at launch and I ended up really enjoying it, so I'll give it a chance.

Top Bottom