• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Announces Support for Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld ($350)

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
At Xbox, we’re always looking to make gaming available to more people in more ways. Since launching Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) two years ago, we’ve continued to expand device support: bringing Halo Infinite to entry-level PCs, Forza Horizon 5 to iOS phones and tablets, Microsoft Flight Simulator to Xbox One, and hundreds of games to even more devices like 2022 Samsung Smart TVs.

As we look ahead, we will continue to meet people on the devices they already own, breaking down barriers of entry to play.

So today, we’re announcing that Xbox Cloud Gaming will be available in more places with the Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld when it launches in North America on October 17. Soon you’ll be able to play Grounded and Sea of Thieves, or discover your next favorite game, right in the palm of your hands using the power of the cloud on an all-new device.

Handhelds are a natural next step in our cloud gaming evolution, and it’s great to see a world-class hardware leader like Logitech optimize Xbox Cloud Gaming for their new device. You can jump right in with ease, anywhere you are, and take advantage of the 16:9 full-screen display. With extended battery life, built-in Wi-Fi, and ergonomic controls, the Logitech G CLOUD will allow you to progress through campaigns or get online for a multiplayer session where it’s most convenient to you.

Getting started is easy: Once you boot up your Logitech G CLOUD, you’ll see the Xbox Cloud Gaming shortcut pinned right to the home screen. You can play hundreds of high-quality titles with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership, including new games on day one from Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda, as well as fantastic titles from our partners such as, The Gunk, PowerWash Simulator, and Tunic. You can also play Fortnite with your friends for free, no Game Pass subscription required.

Additionally, we’ve worked with Logitech to enable our Remote Play feature, also pinned as a shortcut to the home screen. Remote Play differs from Xbox Cloud Gaming by letting you stream your full Xbox library – going beyond titles in Xbox Game Pass – from your personal Xbox console to phones, tablets, and now handhelds.

You can read more about the Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld announcement here, and to learn more about Xbox Cloud Gaming, visit xbox.com/cloudgaming.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/09...loud-gaming-on-the-logitech-g-cloud-handheld/

$300 (marked down from $350), cloud only gaming handheld, wifi only. Judging by the specs I dont think itll be able to run much of anything natively.

Seems a pointless product to me but here we are.

Specs here:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/cloud-handheld-gaming.940-000198.html

Releases october 18th.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
$300... for cloud gaming and wifi only?

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Xbox announces Logitech G Handheld?

Kinda weird way to put it. I would probably put it as Xbox announce support for Logitech G Handheld.

But yeah, I would probably bite at 100 usd cheaper, I do want to see how much more friendly the local remote play is over the normal Xbox android app is
Thats actually what I meant to write but mistyped while editing the title, cant edit it now lol

Banjo64

cumsessed
What an absolute disaster of a product for that price. Utter waste of time.

IPS display, same price as a Switch Oled? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You can get Oled Android phones discounted in the £150-£200 region in the UK, just get one of them and a Kishi/Backbone instead of this piece of shit.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wtf is this ms, the price is garbage with an lcd screen, for this kind of price a true dedicated handheld should be offered.

Sony can you please step up here?

sendit

A announcement and a price drop from 349 to 299. Microsoft is on a roll! This is a game changing device that will bite at the heels of both the Switch and Steam deck.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
It also supports Geforce Now, some people here love that.

This device is completely insane though.

This is NOT a Microsoft device, it supports their CLOUD AND GEFORCE NOW.

Good troll OP.

Last edited:
Wtf is this ms, the price is garbage with an lcd screen, for this kind of price a true dedicated handheld should be offered.

Sony can you please step up here?
Welcome back man.

The price for this device is a little high but it does provide an additional vector for playing Game pass so I can see why MS would support it.

Deft Beck

This is a worthless product as is. I predict that hackers will make this into a decent gaming tablet with built in controls.

DaGwaphics

I like the idea, not the price or size. If someone can figure a way to do this with less expensive hardware and in a form factor that's more portable in a traditional sense, it could work. This thing would take up more space than a controller attachment for a phone. Something more PSP-GO esque in nature (preferably even a bit thinner with an edge-to-edge screen that's as large as possible) and you'd really have something.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Welcome back man.

The price for this device is a little high but it does provide an additional vector for playing Game pass so I can see why MS would support it.

This man said "a little high".

Literally a case of "MS supports it and so will I".

I like the idea, not the price or size. If someone can figure a way to do this with less expensive hardware and in a form factor that's more portable in a traditional sense, it could work. This thing would take up more space than a controller attachment for a phone. Something more PSP-GO esque in nature (preferably even a bit thinner with an edge-to-edge screen that's as large as possible) and you'd really have something.

You just described every modern mobile phone on the market. The bonus - people already have those.

But yeh, really on to something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom