• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Announces Support for Logitech G CLOUD Gaming Handheld ($350)

elliot5

Racing to the endgame.

The concept of cloud subscription models fit into the larger corporate strategy of Microsoft to push cloud-based services under CEO Satya Nadella.
No shit that’s why Xbox remained a thing in 2013 when Phil gave his pitch to Satya

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
$300... for cloud gaming and wifi only?

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF
Still better than the Switch.

reinking

Gold Member
You can play Xbox Series X versions of titles on a Nintendo Switch?
No but Nintendo has alwasy had one of the best handheld and now a console made for gaming while traveling. Pretty sure you are smart enough to know what I meant.

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I don’t get some people’s hate for products they will never use. Idk seems petty.

Regardless this isn’t for me. I’m sure some will get enjoyment from it.

I already have a cloud handheld. It's my phone.

My s22 ultra smokes this thing spec wise, but my screen isn't as large overall, so I'll be giving this a shot. It's barely larger than my S22 Ultra in length, but it's a bit taller than my s22 in height, and that larger screen matters.

Been looking at videos for the thing, and it honestly doesn't look too bad at all. I would totally play Xbox Series X RPGs and certain other titles on this. I wouldn't be interested in playing MP games with it, but singleplayer titles? Hell yes. Cause my real thing is this: How powerful does a streaming only device need to be anyway? Why would the specs be anymore significant than what it is when you're only goal is for streaming cloud titles? Do you really require the highest end CPU and GPU for what this thing has to do?

Even then, I looked up the SoC it has, and it's not bad. Anymore high end and this thing gets way more expensive for potentially no gain at all. The Wi-Fi tech on it is pretty up to date and on point, too. That said, I do also get the reasoning of people that say, "why not have something that's significantly more powerful than this for native gaming as well as using it for the cloud?" And my answer there would be I might not ever use that much more capable device for playing on the cloud in the first place because then I might feel like I'm underutilizing the device's true purpose. I rather have a dedicated device for cloud gaming. The primary device where I would absolutely welcome it being both my cloud gaming device and a native gaming device is a new, more powerful Nintendo Switch. I'd be all onboard for that bitch.

But till that shows up, I'll stick to a dedicated cloud device. I don't want my personal smartphone occupied with cloud gaming.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I wonder how it runs native Android games.

Id reck COD Mobile, Apex Mobile, TES Blades and RB6:Mobile will do just fine.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
My s22 ultra smokes this thing spec wise, but my screen isn't as large overall, so I'll be giving this a shot. It's barely larger than my S22 Ultra in length, but it's a bit taller than my s22 in height, and that larger screen matters.

Been looking at videos for the thing, and it honestly doesn't look too bad at all. I would totally play Xbox Series X RPGs and certain other titles on this. I wouldn't be interested in playing MP games with it, but singleplayer titles? Hell yes. Cause my real thing is this: How powerful does a streaming only device need to be anyway? Why would the specs be anymore significant than what it is when you're only goal is for streaming cloud titles? Do you really require the highest end CPU and GPU for what this thing has to do?

Even then, I looked up the SoC it has, and it's not bad. Anymore high end and this thing gets way more expensive for potentially no gain at all. The Wi-Fi tech on it is pretty up to date and on point, too. That said, I do also get the reasoning of people that say, "why not have something that's significantly more powerful than this for native gaming as well as using it for the cloud?" And my answer there would be I might not ever use that much more capable device for playing on the cloud in the first place because then I might feel like I'm underutilizing the device's true purpose. I rather have a dedicated device for cloud gaming. The primary device where I would absolutely welcome it being both my cloud gaming device and a native gaming device is a new, more powerful Nintendo Switch. I'd be all onboard for that bitch.

But till that shows up, I'll stick to a dedicated cloud device. I don't want my personal smartphone occupied with cloud gaming.

Nothing wrong with the unit itself (other than the lack of oled) but the price is out of line. I think. Lol, I do sort of still want one, just not at 299 us. Maybe if shoppers carries it I can get it on bonus redemption.......

Nothing wrong with the unit itself (other than the lack of oled) but the price is out of line. I think. Lol, I do sort of still want one, just not at 299 us. Maybe if shoppers carries it I can get it on bonus redemption.......

Yea, no OLED is a bummer, but it would have jacked up the price big time and to what end? Notice even the Steamdeck has an IPS LCD just like this cloud handheld? It's probably the best they could do at the price.

THE DUCK

Yea, no OLED is a bummer, but it would have jacked up the price big time and to what end? Notice even the Steamdeck has an IPS LCD just like this cloud handheld? It's probably the best they could do at the price.

Maybe if it had a more capable processor, the 720g is a little long in the tooth and no doubt it's price was pretty cheap. So what's the rest, a $40 screen and $30 worth of controller parts and $20 worth of ram? Maybe $150 all together? At $299 an oled could have been included, might bring up the cost $30? Especially at the "regular" $349 price.

And the Steam Deck has a ton more ram and massively better processor and graphics and still is barely more.

Maybe if it had a more capable processor, the 720g is a little long in the tooth and no doubt it's price was pretty cheap. So what's the rest, a $40 screen and $30 worth of controller parts and $20 worth of ram? Maybe $150 all together? At $299 an oled could have been included, might bring up the cost $30? Especially at the "regular" $349 price.

And the Steam Deck has a ton more ram and massively better processor and graphics and still is barely more.

But does it actually need the extra ram and more powerful processor if it's primary purpose is streaming and not native gaming? And that 12 hour battery live and 6000 mAh battery is no joke. And the wi-fi tech is on point as well. In fact, for streaming it's way more power than what you would really need to be honest.

Standards: 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11ax-ready, 802.11a/b/g/n
Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
Wi-Fi Features: 8x8 sounding
Wi-Fi/Bluetooth System: Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6200
Peak Speed: 867 Mbps
Peak QAM: 256 QAM

Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6200 Mobile Connectivity Subsystem provides highly integrated 2x2 mobile connectivity that is Wi-Fi 6 ready for smooth, steady gameplay. Plus, dual Wi-Fi gives users twice the number of antennas for sending and receiving data.

Just some quick facts on the SoC. I'll be honest, I never thought I'd buy a cloud only streaming device, but the thought of playing some RPGs and singleplayer titles on the cloud without having to go to the console or while relaxed in bed is pretty tempting. I'm imagining Diablo IV and Starfield on this. Even Avowed and Pentiment.

The 5th gen Qualcomm® AI Engine and dedicated Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator are designed to deliver enhanced gaming performance with lower power consumption—perfect for seamless game sessions with less lag or glitch.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
It has 2 a76@ 2.3ghz cores and 6 a55 cores @1.8ghz

15gb/s ram bandwidth

And a 360-420gflop adreno gpu

So it should play most android games quite well.

THE DUCK

But does it actually need the extra ram and more powerful processor if it's primary purpose is streaming and not native gaming? And that 12 hour battery live and 6000 mAh battery is no joke. And the wi-fi tech is on point as well. In fact, for streaming it's way more power than what you would really need to be honest.

Just some quick facts on the SoC. I'll be honest, I never thought I'd buy a cloud only streaming device, but the thought of playing some RPGs and singleplayer titles on the cloud without having to go to the console or while relaxed in bed is pretty tempting. I'm imagining Diablo IV and Starfield on this. Even Avowed and Pentiment.

I agree it doesn't need the extra power, but that's why it should be cheaper.

I agree a cloud device you can grab and go is compelling.

Ozriel

M$FT
They already have, its called a backbone and your cellphone and its only an additional 60 dollars

A lot of people like to have their phone’s battery life last the day. Not to mention having the ability to receive calls and respond to messages/notifications while gaming

Ozriel

M$FT
I bought a cheapo Pixel 2 and a razer kishi for around $100 combined for game streaming while traveling. I’m out of town this week and this thing has been a pleasant surprise.

xtYD7XO.jpg

For $350 I’d expect an OLED screen. I’ll stick with my Pixel 2, thanks

No idea what they were thinking with that price. And no OLED

THE DUCK

A lot of people like to have their phone’s battery life last the day. Not to mention having the ability to receive calls and respond to messages/notifications while gaming

Agreed, this is why I don't use my phone for cloud gaming. Though I suppose I have an s10+ here I could use, but its only 6.4 inches and at 16:9 even smaller. Oled though I suppose.

Banned
Microsoft needs to release their own Xbox handheld that can install games locally + streaming. That would be killer.

give it 3 years and AMD hardware will be small/energy efficient enough to turn the Series S into a handheld.
Nvidia just leaked a chip of their own that comes close to reaching 4TF of GPU power even at slow clock speeds. so AMD can't be far behind.

the Series S has a huge potential to be turned into a really cool handheld

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
How fucked is this console right now.
After Google saying fuck streaming games

Banned
How fucked is this console right now.
After Google saying fuck streaming games

funnily enough this handheld almost leaked the closure of Stadia, because when the promo site went online, Stadia was weirdly enough missing from the list of Streaming services they promoted it with

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
$299 and it's not even out yet.

You know, I might consider one of these at around $150.

Top Bottom