• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox ANZ - PC Game Pass Gauntlet tournament

Microsoft’s Xbox ANZ division is searching for Australia’s most versatile PC gaming champion. This month, Xbox ANZ is teaming up with Fortress Melbourne to host PC Game Pass Gauntlet, an in-person competitive event at Fortress Melbourne where contenders will be tested on a range of gaming skills.

fortress_melbourne_interview_impulsegamer_2021_alienware_arena.jpg

Fortress Melbourne 23 Caledonian Lane Melbourne, VIC 3000

Date and time
Fri, 24 Mar 2023 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM AEDT

It's called "PC Game Pass Gauntlet", being a competition with a select number of competitors ranging over 5 popular PC games in an elimination bracket. The winner of the last two competitors gets a physical Gauntlet trophy. The tournament games are taken from Xbox's PC Game Pass and will be kept secret until the event to help even the playing field and halting competitors from practising beforehand. I guess a sort of how adaptable are you across a range of PC Game Pass games in a competition environment. Pretty unique idea, I haven't see it around before. Fortress is a pretty sweet venue though.

You can sign up here.

Source

Last edited:
fortress_melbourne_interview_impulsegamer_2021_alienware_arena.jpg

It's called "PC Game Pass Gauntlet", being a competition with a select number of competitors ranging over 5 popular PC games in an elimination bracket. The winner of the last two competitors gets a physical Gauntlet trophy. The tournament games are taken from Xbox's PC Game Pass and will be kept secret until the event to help even the playing field and halting competitors from practising beforehand. I guess a sort of how adaptable are you across a range of PC Game Pass games in a competition environment. Pretty unique idea, I haven't see it around before. Fortress is a pretty sweet venue though.

You can sign up here.

Source
This is really cool. Testing your overall game skills vs just testing 1 game is a nice concept.

Top Bottom