• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox at gamescom 2016, no press conference, will hold fan event instead

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/13/xbox-at-gamescom-2016/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It’s under five weeks until gamescom 2016 and I’m excited to share the news that Xbox will give our fans the opportunity to get hands-on with the most anticipated titles for 2016 and 2017, across Xbox and Windows 10. From our stellar lineup of blockbusters, including Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2, ReCore and Sea of Thieves, to a host of ID@Xbox titles including We Happy Few, Everspace and Cuphead, we can’t wait for our fans to play. This year we’re also in a brand new location – you’ll be able to find us in Hall 8 of the Koelnmesse near the north entrance.

While we will not be hosting a media briefing this year, we’re planning a new and more intimate Xbox FanFest experience for our fans across Europe and worldwide attending gamescom 2016. We will be sharing more details on our gamescom 2016 Xbox FanFest soon.

We had a record-setting E3 and we were overwhelmed by the response. Xbox unveiled a new family of Xbox One devices, a host of new Xbox Live features and Xbox’s biggest games lineup ever on Xbox One and Windows 10. We also announced Xbox Play Anywhere, a new program which lets gamers buy a game once and play it on both their Windows 10 PC and Xbox One. Our E3 announcements showed Xbox’s commitment to offering gamers a future that goes beyond console generations and one that offers them the choice and freedom to play the games they want, with the people they want and on the devices they want.

At gamescom 2016 we’re excited to bring even more of these experiences into the hands of our fans. gamescom is always one of my favourite shows, and I’m excited to attend and spend time with everyone in Cologne.

Here’s to a great show, bis bald!

See below for the show opening times.

The Xbox booth at gamescom
Wednesday, August 17 – 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. CEST (press/trade only day)
Thursday, August 18 and Friday, August 19 – 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CEST
Saturday, August 20 – 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. CEST
Sunday, August 21 – 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. CEST

Feed me a Bratwurst if old.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So no press conference?

While we will not be hosting a media briefing this year, we’re planning a new and more intimate Xbox FanFest experience for our fans across Europe and worldwide attending gamescom 2016. We will be sharing more details on our gamescom 2016 Xbox FanFest soon.

I suppose so.

SaucyJack

What does 'record-setting E3' mean? Was Guinness there taking entries?

CdNufeJ.png

DKHF

Not really surprised they aren't having a gamescom conference considering they showed so much of their lineup at E3. They could only have something significant/new to show for Crackdown 3 but otherwise only updates on imminent games so I doubted they were having one there.

Elandyll

Banned
Yeah I think Sony will go with PGW.
If only due to PSVR and the need to have European media showcase it prominently and announcing new games for it, I think they will have a press event at GC this year. PGW will be after PSVR release (Oct 13th).

Neo might be in the same boat, unless it's pushed to 2017.

Seems like they'll have a strong presence on the show floor, but I'm surprised by not having a press conference.

I wonder if (and hope that) they'll have some kind of media briefing event this fall.

foxbeldin

Did they? I thought they had yet to announce what they were doing.

Here.

jeuxvideo-live said:
[...]nous avons interrogé PlayStation France à ce sujet, et la branche nous a confirmé qu'il n'y aurait aucune conférence de presse PlayStation lors de la Gamescom 2016.

Translates into : We asked PS France about it and they confirmed there wouldn't be a press conference at Gamescom 2016.

Not really surprised they aren't having a gamescom conference considering they showed so much of their lineup at E3. They could only have something significant/new to show for Crackdown 3 but otherwise only updates on imminent games so I doubted they were having one there.

The majority of their announced lineup is late 2016, and early 2017. Only 2 games they've announced don't have a specific time of year: State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3, which are both just 2017. I'm sure they have several more unannounced games for 2017, but I wonder if they're trying to stick to a shorter announce/release cycle now, or are holding all their announcements for their holiday 2017 lineup until Scorpio gets it's next showing, likely in the spring of 2017.

RoKKeR

Wow, no briefing? Damn. Guess they don't have that much to talk about with Scorpio looming, but still a bit disappointing.

Wasn't crackdown supposed to have a beta or something this summer? Haven't heard anything really

Game got delayed... wonder if they have issues with the cloud stuff. Because a lot of countrys dont have dedicated Server Farms for Azure. Germany is an example.

Maybe Crackdown 3 will be more of a Scorpio game.

Wow, no briefing? Damn. Guess they don't have that much to talk about with Scorpio looming, but still a bit disappointing.

I guess Scorpio will get its own Event next Spring.

Makes sense for them to skip. They don't seem to have anything new to show; it would be pointless. The lack of any new IP announcements this year from Microsoft is troubling.

The majority of their announced lineup is late 2016, and early 2017. Only 2 games they've announced don't have a specific time of year: State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3, which are both just 2017. I'm sure they have several more unannounced games for 2017, but I wonder if they're trying to stick to a shorter announce/release cycle now, or are holding all their announcements for their holiday 2017 lineup until Scorpio gets it's next showing, likely in the spring of 2017.

Scalebound is also just 2017.

Makes sense for them to skip. They don't seem to have anything new to show; it would be pointless. The lack of any new IP announcements this year from Microsoft is troubling.

Unless the rumour is false, they do have potentially a new Ori.

Though I could see how only(?) having that as your big announcement may pale compared to how 2015 had Halo Wars 2 and 2014 had ROTR's timed-exclusivity reveal.

thefro

I think Gamescom deciding to schedule their event at the same time as the Summer Olympics is a big factor in both Sony/Microsoft skipping press events.

You're not going to get much mainstream press coverage during the Olympics.

Ushay

So this means they are going all in for a Scorpio reveal next E3 aong with whatever else is in the pipeline for that year like Crackdown. What else do they have for 2017? Can't think of anything else..

So this means they are going all in for a Scorpio reveal next E3 aong with whatever else is in the pipeline for that year like Crackdown. What else do they have for 2017? Can't think of anything else..

Do you mean games for 2017?

Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
State of Decay 2
Crackdown 3

wapplew

Forza 7, something Halo, 7 or 3 anniversary, state of decay 2. Good enough for second half of 2017.

Top Bottom