• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox begins testing a Game Pass Ultimate Family Plan

ManaByte

We’re always looking for ways to deliver experiences that offer players more choice and value in how they discover and experience games with their community. Starting today in Colombia and Ireland, Xbox Insiders can begin to preview a plan that allows multiple people to share Game Pass Ultimate benefits. This makes it even easier to play the best Game Pass games with friends and family across console, PC, and cloud by enabling you to add up to four people to your subscription, all with their own unique access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content, and benefits.

Only in Colombia and Ireland right now.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Can’t see anything about cost? 2 accounts is already a good deal, I’d hope 4 would be much cheaper than having 2 separate subs but then it’d surely be open to abuse (4 adults living separately splitting the cost).

Banned
you can already easily family share across console and PC. all you need to do is have the gamepass user logged into the Microsoft store on your PC, that will unlock gamepass and you can then play all gamepass games with your own account logged into the xbox app

ManaByte

you can already easily family share across console and PC. all you need to do is have the gamepass user logged into the Microsoft store on your PC, that will unlock gamepass and you can then play all gamepass games with your own account logged into the xbox app

Yea and then someone comes here crying how their account was stolen and after five or ten pages finally admits that they gave someone their account information to game share.

This doesn't require you to do that.

Hmm. 5 Is a lot.
I don't know if I have that many friends.

But this will make people buy more xbox consoles, too.
I suggest my friends to buy an Xbox now and they got all games for free

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Colombia and Ireland are two really weird locations to start testing this lol.

But ok, sounds good and should make it better for people who do game sharing already.

The best deal is getting better all the time.

All Day Life GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Can’t see anything about cost? 2 accounts is already a good deal, I’d hope 4 would be much cheaper than having 2 separate subs but then it’d surely be open to abuse (4 adults living separately splitting the cost).
They'd still be winning, there are people like me that don't pay for the service every month, I have nothing to loose and have money to save, but if I'm compromised with a couple friends I'd be paying all month just because they want to play something, it's not like paying 3 accounts but it surely is paying more consistently than if we all have the payment isolated, also they keep us within their ecosystem and more importantly, can get more new people into the service that will probably not pay because a friend or family member don't have a problem of them using the service anyway. It also helps them inflate accounts numbers for reports due to more accounts per home being created now that they don't have to pay single membership por each

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We all know the epicenter of GP is in Antarctica and Madagascar. Come on Micorsoft, throw us Islanders a bone son of bitch!

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
This would be awesome for me. My boys both have a ss. I have a free one sitting in my closet from the gamestop Thanksgiving give away just waiting for a 3rd gamepass sub.

Kagey K

Banned
This will be really useful for families where you might have 3 or 4 Xbox systems in the house. And maybe a friend or two as well (five is a lot of accounts). I wonder what their policy is here regarding IP addresses?
They don't really say anything about it. In the FAQ it says all family members must be in the same country as you.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
This is awesome. Me and my gf already share through the primary console thing.

My daughter is 3, wants to play paw patrol and all that.

Wish she could get acces to my entire library not only gamepass but hey.

Kagey K

Banned
This would be awesome for me. My boys both have a ss. I have a free one sitting in my closet from the gamestop Thanksgiving give away just waiting for a 3rd gamepass sub.
Don't you mean second sub? You shouldn't be paying for 2 subs for 2 xboxs, both boys could have Gamepass off 1 sub. (One would have to be online all the time to play though.)

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
I use my Colombian CC for xbox because its cheaper than the canadian store lol, would check this out but honestly I don't know 5 people with an xbox, if they had a mode for 2 people I would get it with my 1 xbox/pc friend.

So that Xbox One family plan that Microsoft blamed the gamers for them cancelling because gamers were mad at Microsofts prelaunch Xbox One policies, has finally returned with the nearly always online Series S/X.

In hindsight I'm starting to wonder if all that backlash was warranted.

elliot5

How does it work now? Can I have two Xboxs using GP at the same time?
You can do that already by using the Primary console switcharoo. Set the other Xbox as your primary. Log in with the secondary account there to use primary benefits. Log in on your primary account on your main Xbox (not labeled as primary console). Both you and secondary account can play using one subscription.

12Dannu123

So that Xbox One family plan that Microsoft blamed the gamers for them cancelling because gamers were mad at Microsofts prelaunch Xbox One policies, has finally returned with the nearly always online Series S/X.

In hindsight I'm starting to wonder if all that backlash was warranted.

In order for something like Game Pass to work and make sure there's no room for abuse, the console does need to be connected.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Well done, Microsoft.

It's almost as good as Stadia Family Share.
Almost...

Stadia:
- You can share your games with 5 people.
- No need for Gamepass ultimate or Stadia Pro, it works with the free tier.

As an awesome gamer, i congratulate Xbox for that decision...but it's weird.I never seen such enthusiasm from GAF for the same idea on 😍😍😍Stadia😍😍😍

😁

HU HU HU

Top Bottom