• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox begins testing a Game Pass Ultimate Family Plan

Ozriel

M$FT
Well done, Microsoft.

It's almost as good as Stadia Family Share.
Almost...

Stadia:
- You can share your games with 5 people.
- No need for Gamepass ultimate or Stadia Pro, it works with the free tier.

As an awesome gamer, i congratulate Xbox for that decision...but it's weird.I never seen such enthusiasm from GAF for the same idea on 😍😍😍Stadia😍😍😍

😁

HU HU HU

5AB8ccm.jpg

I kid, I kid! The tech’s awesome. Just the lacking library…

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
You can do that already by using the Primary console switcharoo. Set the other Xbox as your primary. Log in with the secondary account there to use primary benefits. Log in on your primary account on your main Xbox (not labeled as primary console). Both you and secondary account can play using one subscription.
So we can do this already, why should I get the family plan?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
At €21.99 this is actually quite tempting. Basically perfect for me and my kids.

TLZ

Banned
if you have more than 2 people wanting to use game pass simultaneously...?
You're being sarcastic, but I'm asking because I don't know. In my case my kids would play on one and I'd play on another. So I don't need the family plan right?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You're being sarcastic, but I'm asking because I don't know. In my case my kids would play on one and I'd play on another. So I don't need the family plan right?

For 2, if you're already doing sharing it should be OK.

But the primary audience for this plan is ideally family of 5 people to share (or realistically, 5 friends to share). The cost becomes incredibly low if you use all 5 'slots' available to you. Just $5 per person for GPU, which is $15 otherwise.

TLZ

Banned
For 2, if you're already doing sharing it should be OK.

But the primary audience for this plan is ideally family of 5 people to share (or realistically, 5 friends to share). The cost becomes incredibly low if you use all 5 'slots' available to you. Just $5 per person for GPU, which is $15 otherwise.
Ah. That's cool.

Do the friends have to be in the same country? What if they detect different country IPs using the same plan? Any idea? This is something I can get behind sharing with friends across the globe, if it's ok of course.

adamsapple

Ah. That's cool.

Do the friends have to be in the same country? What if they detect different country IPs using the same plan? Any idea? This is something I can get behind sharing with friends across the globe, if it's ok of course.

I haven't read up too much but in the Grubb video for today's news on giant bomb he did say that all 5 people need to be in the same country.

So that's one caveat they use to "gate" it I suppose.

• Empathy
Reactions: TLZ

TLZ

Banned
I haven't read up too much but in the Grubb video for today's news on giant bomb he did say that all 5 people need to be in the same country.

So that's one caveat they use to "gate" it I suppose.
Dammit. Ok thanks anyway.

i would much prefer this to gamesharing GamePass. As the biggest issue is my friend can't use the streaming feature of GamePass. which is one of the best parts. And i don't think he has access to the EA Access library either

Last edited:

elliot5

Ah. That's cool.

It just has to have the same country under the account settings for those that have been invited to the plan. People may be able to say they’re in a different country just like how you can change to New Zealand to play stuff.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Genx3

Colombia and Ireland? Did they roll dice or something?
At least the article spelled Colombia correctly!

IDK how many stupid writers misspell the country of Colombia; they usually spell it like the district of Columbia.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Can you still stack game pass ultimate if you buy 3 years of gold then buy a month of game pass ultimate?

reksveks

Sign me up. I would probably gift my 2 nephews a Series S for Christmas for this.
got my brother/niece a series s (he doesn't need a x) and yeah, going to convert my account to a family plan when i get a chance. he does use xcloud on the consoles alot.

Last edited:

Rubytux

Neo Member
This pic was Taken from FB, it shows COP $49.900 a month. Like US$12.50 a month.

I cant verify it, since i just got into Insider and cant find this offer when i search the store.

vQPuQ9b.jpg

adamsapple

Equivalent to $21.8 USD in Ireland and half that in Colombia.

That is a hell of a price for 5 game pass ultimate accounts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom