• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer asks fans not to "weaponise" games for "battles between platforms"

kingfey

Banned
This is Disgusting.

Robert Pattinson Reaction GIF by The Batman

kingfey

Banned
Moving goalposts now, are we? Changed from “not releasing on PC” to “not launching day one”
I’m going to reiterate what I’ve told you once before: you’re not fooling anyone.
"If sony bought those studios, you will have to buy PlayStation consoles to play them."

You will get those games on pc after 1-3 years if it gets approved. There is no goal post.

kingfey

Banned
Still way more expensive than a console, the GPUs MRSP are overpriced. And it doesn’t matter if you can do more stuff on a pc, I’d use it solely for gaming. Overpriced AF.

If you are interested in rtx cards.
This would be cheap after 1 year.

Lognor

Banned
Moving goalposts now, are we? Changed from “not releasing on PC” to “not launching day one”
I’m going to reiterate what I’ve told you once before: you’re not fooling anyone.
For all intents and purposes, they are NOT releasing games on PC. They've released 2-3 games. That's nothing!

Look at Microsoft. EVERY.SINGLE.GAME on PC day one! Microsoft is killing it. Sony could learn a thing about PC support from MS.

Boglin

Then why would MS bend over to Sony? They own these games. They have offer on the table. Its either take that, or no games on that console.
You offering too much excuses to Sony. This is business. That is how business work. No one does charity business.

I have said multiple times that I don't think Microsoft should change their plan. What are you reading?
The offer is shit so Sony shouldn't accept it but Microsoft has no obligation to change it to accommodate them. It's not that complicated.
What is holding them down from playing on pc, xcloud? Why do they need these specific devices?
These systems aren't entitled to these games, since they don't own them. These are 3rd party games. You can literally buy the exclusives for them. Spiderman and SF5 showed that. Gamers can move to other devices. They aren't forced to buy xbox.

Because ps4 is done, and there is ps5 in the wild now. They are making the choice of getting ps5, and not bothering playing the game on their PC browser, or even decent pc, which can play these games.

The entitlement is getting too much at this point.

You are not forced to buy xbox. You can get $500 to play xbox games. MS isnt Sony or Nintendo, where you have buy their devices. They gave you the choice to play where you want. Pc, Xcloud, and Xbox consoles. You aren't chained to 1 system.

If you cant get any of these systems, then it's your fault.

Are you saying those guys dont have computer, or laptop? We are in 2022. Everyone has a computer.
There is a MS store, which you can download xbox app, subscribe to gamepass and play those games.

Where have I said that playstation owners are entitled to these games? I'm honestly confused.
Saying a Playstation or Nintendo console owner is no longer going to be able to play franchises that they could before is not me saying that Microsoft needs to accommodate them.

They like playing exclusively on 1 or 2 consoles and those players will miss out now. I'M NOT SAYING MICROSOFT SHOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM. If they want to play the games, they can play on a device that's compatible with xbox services.
Nintendo and Playstation exclusive players lost access to those franchises. Too bad for them. Tough shit, I know. It's their fault for being a single console owner. I agree. I GET IT.

But If Microsoft said they bought those studios to reach more players, but remove the Nintendo and Playstation exclusive player's access to those franchises then that appears to be opposite of what was said.

I have been looking these points from your angle, but it seems, that you are holding Sony to a higher level, while demanding more from MS.

At this point, we need to stop the conversation.

You're not seeing it from my angle at all. You think I'm saying Microsoft is wrong for doing what they are doing. I'm not. They are doing what's best for Microsoft and zi think it will be a booming business for them. You think I'm saying Sony and Nintendo players are entitled to the franchises that Microsoft bought. I'm not. I'm simply stating that accessibility is lowered to them as Sony and Nintendo exclusive players. This doesn't imply that Microsoft needs to go out of their way to accommodate them.

Point out a single area where I am holding Sony at a higher level. Please. Prove me wrong because I feel like I'm going crazy. You've put countless arguments into my mouth that I never said. You keep attacking arguments I'm not making. I don't know why you're doing it. I don't even like Sony as a corporation.
I said Sony are hypocrites too if they're buying titles and making them exclusive and saying it's to reach a bigger audience.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Not discrediting the moves, at all.
Dont take it serious. I am just jk.

These are the thing MS should have done long time ago, since they own windows. Phil just knocked some sense to these stupid management, and focus on their windows.

PC have been getting the end of the stick for a long time. Having MS support means, alot of devs would bring their games in to 1 launcher, or make their games better. Now PC gaming is on good place, since both MS and Sony are fighting here, and dropping their games.

kingfey

Banned
I have said multiple times that I don't think Microsoft should change their plan. What are you reading?
The offer is shit so Sony shouldn't accept it but Microsoft has no obligation to change it to accommodate them. It's not that complicated.

Where have I said that playstation owners are entitled to these games? I'm honestly confused.
Saying a Playstation or Nintendo console owner is no longer going to be able to play franchises that they could before is not me saying that Microsoft needs to accommodate them.

They like playing exclusively on 1 or 2 consoles and those players will miss out now. I'M NOT SAYING MICROSOFT SHOULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM. If they want to play the games, they can play on a device that's compatible with xbox services.
Nintendo and Playstation exclusive players lost access to those franchises. Too bad for them. Tough shit, I know. It's their fault for being a single console owner. I agree. I GET IT.

But If Microsoft said they bought those studios to reach more players, but remove the Nintendo and Playstation exclusive player's access to those franchises then that appears to be opposite of what was said.

You're not seeing it from my angle at all. You think I'm saying Microsoft is wrong for doing what they are doing. I'm not. They are doing what's best for Microsoft and zi think it will be a booming business for them. You think I'm saying Sony and Nintendo players are entitled to the franchises that Microsoft bought. I'm not. I'm simply stating that accessibility is lowered to them as Sony and Nintendo exclusive players. This doesn't imply that Microsoft needs to go out of their way to accommodate them.

Point out a single area where I am holding Sony at a higher level. Please. Prove me wrong because I feel like I'm going crazy. You've put countless arguments into my mouth that I never said. You keep attacking arguments I'm not making. I don't know why you're doing it. I don't even like Sony as a corporation.
I said Sony are hypocrites too if they're buying titles and making them exclusive and saying it's to reach a bigger audience.
Now you understand, why its hard to put bethesda+activision+blizzard on those systems. MS and Sony wont come in to agreement easily. Both these companies dont want lose access to their money making machines. Players wont leave their consoles easily.
The entire thing is a mess. Each business wants something in return. From our perspective, MS is the bad guys. but if you break it down this way, You will see how complicated this mess is.
The only middle ground is PC and xcloud. But not alot of people want these systems. Because they are engrained on their system.

Swift_Star

Banned
"If sony bought those studios, you will have to buy PlayStation consoles to play them."

You will get those games on pc after 1-3 years if it gets approved. There is no goal post.
Of course there is: you’ll be able to play the game once they go to pc. Lmao

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I am. the other guys are turning me to green rat. I am fighting it. But soon, i might transform to a green rat.
Are these not your threads the past few days? Definitely the content of a PC gamer.

All those posts defending MS and Gamepass confirm you are not an Xbox shill. You're almost as bad as Jeff Grubb. I said almost. (He is like a prostitute who accepts IOUs).

We all know you appeared when FartyNoob (or is that Spideyfan) was mocked into oblivion (Bethesda reference made just for you so I hope you appreciate it). Weren't you recently banned for console warring? Just embrace you are a console warrior for Lord Philip Spencer of Redmond and save us all the embarrassment.

Boglin

Now you understand, why its hard to put bethesda+activision+blizzard on those systems. MS and Sony wont come in to agreement easily. Both these companies dont want lose access to their money making machines. Players wont leave their consoles easily.
The entire thing is a mess. Each business wants something in return. From our perspective, MS is the bad guys. but if you break it down this way, You will see how complicated this mess is.
The only middle ground is PC and xcloud. But not alot of people want these systems. Because they are engrained on their system.

Now I understand? My argument has never changed.

Microsoft is buying franchises that are available on Sony and Nintendo platforms. If Microsoft is saying they're buying them to make the games accessible to more players, but then they remove access to those games from Sony and Nintendo, then that's doing precisely the opposite of what they said.

I don't feel Microsoft are the bad guys at all. I'm a fan of both their hardware, their initiatives to merge PC and Xbox gaming, and their growing 1st party library. I think Gamepass is a great service. I'm happy that they are innovating and that Sony can't afford to be arrogant again. Competition is good.

I was simply stating Microsoft's actions could be betraying their words. PR is gonna PR. News at 11.

I have railed against Sony in the past for their bullshit about believing in next-gen after their developers described things they wanted to do in H:ZD and Spider-Man that weren't possible with a slow HDD, but then Sony released the sequels as cross-gen titles.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Now I understand? My argument has never changed.

Microsoft is buying franchises that are available on Sony and Nintendo platforms. If Microsoft is saying they're buying them to make the games accessible to more players, but then they remove access to those games from Sony and Nintendo, then that's doing precisely the opposite of what they said.

I don't feel Microsoft are the bad guys at all. I'm a fan of both their hardware, their initiatives to merge PC and Xbox gaming, and their growing 1st party library. I think Gamepass is a great service. I'm happy that they are innovating and that Sony can't afford to arrogant again. Competition is good.

I was simply stating Microsoft's actions could be betraying their words. PR is gonna PR. News at 11.

I have railed against Sony in the past for their bullshit about believing in next-gen after their developers described things they wanted to do in H:ZD and Spider-Man that weren't possible with a slow HDD, but then Sony released the sequels as cross-gen titles.
I think you understand the key points. But you can't put it together.

1:MS bought 3rd party publishers.
2:MS bought these publishers to strengthen gamepass.
3: They allow these games to hit steam, and their windows in form of gamepass. They also have xcloud gamepass stream.
4: Gamers are mad, because they cant get those games on their devices.
5: Report shows MS offered gamepass to Sony and Nintendo.
6: Both of them rejected gamepass, as that would harm their business.
7: MS cant put their games on these systems, without gamepass. As that would also make xbox lose its appeal to gamers.
8: Gamers know, they can get these games on pc. But they want those games on their prefered system.

That is the gist of this problem. MS owns these publishers, and have the rights to do whatever they want to. But they are ready to share those games at the price of gamepass being everywhere.

So who is wrong here?

kingfey

Banned
Are these not your threads the past few days? Definitely the content of a PC gamer.

All those posts defending MS and Gamepass confirm you are not an Xbox shill. You're almost as bad as Jeff Grubb. I said almost. (He is like a prostitute who accepts IOUs).

We all know you appeared when FartyNoob (or is that Spideyfan) was mocked into oblivion (Bethesda reference made just for you so I hope you appreciate it). Weren't you recently banned for console warring? Just embrace you are a console warrior for Lord Philip Spencer of Redmond and save us all the embarrassment.
Good job linking news here.

If its makes you sleep better at night, I have all systems. Bought horizon Forbidden West day1. But godforbid, I post something about xbox.

My stance is the same. I dont belong to any of your groups. I am doing what this forum is made for. Discussions about games.

If you don't like what I am talking about, that is your problem.

Boglin

I think you understand the key points. But you can't put it together.

1:MS bought 3rd party publishers.
3: They allow these games to hit steam, and their windows in form of gamepass. They also have xcloud gamepass stream.
4: Gamers are mad, because they cant get those games on their devices.
5: Report shows MS offered gamepass to Sony and Nintendo.
6: Both of them rejected gamepass, as that would harm their business.
7: MS cant put their games on these systems, without gamepass. As that would also make xbox lose its appeal to gamers.
8: Gamers know, they can get these games on pc. But they want those games on their prefered system.

That is the gist of this problem. MS owns these publishers, and have the rights to do whatever they want to. But they are ready to share those games at the price of gamepass being everywhere.

So who is wrong here?

I'm not accusing anyone of being wrong. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all working in their own best interest. They all have PR that will twist any situation to show themselves in the best light possible.

2.5: Microsoft (allegedly) claims they are buying studios to make games more accessible.

4: Gamers are mad, because they cant get those games on their devices because Microsoft made some franchises less accessible to them.

9: Gamers have to suck it up and either play on Xbox, PC or a gamepass compatible device now. They didn't have to do this before.

10. People notice that removing someone's ability to play games where they did before is the opposite of becoming more accessible to them and so those people call out the PR.

11. People wasting their lives arguing about dumb shit. We are here.

kingfey

Banned
People wasting their lives arguing about dumb shit. We are here.
I can agree with this part.

We can agree on one thing, that exclusive of 3rd party sucks, no matter what level it is. I own all 4 systems, so its hard to make the right judgement on this case.

Also, 1 more thing, Activision/bethesda/blizzard are the start. Expect tons of acquisition, and more 3rd party games disappearing from all 3 systems. Everything is on the table now.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I can agree with this part.

We can agree on one thing, that exclusive of 3rd party sucks, no matter what level it is. I own all 4 systems, so its hard to make the right judgement on this case.

Also, 1 more thing, Activision/bethesda/blizzard are the start. Expect tons of acquisition, and more 3rd party games disappearing from all 3 systems. Everything is on the table now.
Wait so you're agreeing that buying Bethesda/Activision with the sole intention of withholding exclusive sucks? I'm glad you understand buying 3rd parties because the purchaser was shit at actually trying to make their own first party IP failed and they need to paper the failure cracks over. Finally we are on the same boat

kingfey

Banned
Wait so you're agreeing that buying Bethesda/Activision with the sole intention of withholding exclusive sucks? I'm glad you understand buying 3rd parties because the purchaser was shit at actually trying to make their own first party IP failed and they need to paper the failure cracks over. Finally we are on the same boat
Wait, did you think I was ok with that? I hate these shits, its why I am forced to own all 4 systems.

I was explaining this from their business side.

I hate MS, solely of what they did to windows store. And because, gaming is going to shit, now everyone can buy publishers.

Excess

I like what Spencer has done for Xbox.

At the same time, I hate people who are extremely privileged in terms of wealth/lifestyle telling other people to stop "hating" each other. The motivation behind it is usually two-fold: 1. They no longer need to fend for resources; 2. They want you to play nice so that you don't try to steal theirs'.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You got caught slurping out in the open. You cant hide from that.
I do not belong to any side. I dont care what others says about me. My stance is the same. I am guy, in front of monitor. That is all. Its not worth it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Who said they were all first party games?

I said these games were available to be played only on Playstation last year

Ok, you mentioned kena twice, two of the games you mentioned are re-releases, so once we correct that list this is what's left from your list -

2021 PS lineup:
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Deathloop
Kena
Destrution Allstars

Now here are the XB console exclusives in 2021:

Halo: Infinite
Forza Horizon 5
Flight Simulator
The Gunk
Sable
The Ascent

There's probably more.

So, I'm not sure what the point was comparing 2021 list, but here you go.

NickFire

The guy literally made a cloud gaming subscription. He opened xbox to pc, and made xbox day1 games on pc. You dont even need to buy xbox to play their games. Especially, when his management are Microsoft.
Yeah, he is the gaming Jesus, if you want to make fun of him.
No one has done what he did. Only reggie surpassed him.
Dude!!!!
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Im legit cracking up at this. I’m not really surprised, but it’s still hilarious. How many others go to this church btw? I bet we already good idea about a couple.

gaming Jesus.

kingfey

Banned
Dude!!!!
Im legit cracking up at this. I’m not really surprised, but it’s still hilarious. How many others go to this church btw? I bet we already good idea about a couple.

gaming Jesus.
I am not invited to that church though. I am a sinner sadly. They need pure green rat membership.

avin

2.5: Microsoft (allegedly) claims they are buying studios to make games more accessible.

More accessible than what? It seems your arguments - and similar arguments made by others here - assumes that means "more accessible than they were before".

However, it could mean "more accessible than they would otherwise be". I live under a rock, and even I've heard buzz that if MS hadn't bought Activision, someone else might have, that would have put it on their own platform only. Possibly, Google, or Amazon, or - god forbid - Facebook.

At least as currently framed, your argument isn't demonstrably correct. Moving on.

avin

Last edited:

Boglin

More accessible than what? It seems your arguments - and similar arguments made by others here - assumes that means "more accessible than they were before".

However, it could mean "more accessible than they would otherwise be". I live under a rock, and even I've heard buzz that if MS hadn't bought Activision, someone else might have, that would have put it on their own platform only. Possibly, Google, or Amazon, or - god forbid - Facebook.

At least as currently framed, your argument isn't demonstrably correct. Moving on.

avin
I was paraphrasing interpretations I've heard on this forum and l haven't personally read any of the PR. My argument has been framed repeatedly as "if" Microsoft said the thing that I was trying to paraphrase. But as far as I know, none of my word choice was correct.

It's probably not best to get pedantic over my word choice in this case, and instead focus on what my intended meaning was.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
not really when you consider the fact that these games still stay multiplat most of the time

Call Of Duty is supposedly staying multiplatform while they are under the regulatory overview period, extremely skeptical that will remain the case once this is over, given that their past behaviour says otherwise, look at Bethesda.

Roxkis_ii

Maaaaan, I wanna see Phil making COD exclusive to Xbox just to see the meltdowns.

It's like some of you think MS is a charity, or Sony, or Nintendo.
I'm a PS fanboy and I hope they make COD exclusive too. Then when it sales a fraction of previous releases, and we see the budget get slashed for the next one, we can watch as MS manages the franchise into irrelevance.

Game pass day one tho baby!

You should be happy Ms has Sony to subsidized the franchise for Xbox fans.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Call Of Duty is supposedly staying multiplatform while they are under the regulatory overview period, extremely skeptical that will remain the case once this is over, given that their past behaviour says otherwise, look at Bethesda
Well i mean listen to what Roxkis_ii Roxkis_ii said
there's no good reason to actually drop COD on other platforms when it will do nothing but harm the franchise in the long run
MS knows this which is why they're staying multiplat. It's just that all the other activision stuff that isn't COD will either get exclusive content on Xbox or just BE exclusive to Xbox. And COD will most likely be on gamepass day one because MS owned franchise duh
the reason they did bethesda that way was because bethesda didn't have any giant massive multimedia titan like activision did with COD. hence why starfield and future bethesda titles (besides ghostwire tokyo) are exclusive to Xbox. Frankly i wish they tried to make COD exclusive so they can coerce sony to putting gamepass on PS5. Thats what i want from this honestly

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Well i mean listen to what Roxkis_ii Roxkis_ii said
there's no good reason to actually drop COD on other platforms when it will do nothing but harm the franchise in the long run
MS knows this which is why they're staying multiplat. It's just that all the other activision stuff that isn't COD will either get exclusive content on Xbox or just BE exclusive to Xbox. And COD will most likely be on gamepass day one because MS owned franchise duh
the reason they did bethesda that way was because bethesda didn't have any giant massive multimedia titan like activision did with COD. hence why starfield and future bethesda titles (besides ghostwire tokyo) are exclusive to Xbox. Frankly i wish they tried to make COD multiplat so they can coerce sony to putting gamepass on PS5. Thats what i want from this honestly
Other franchises take too long to make. Unlike COD, which has big community, and generates tons of MTX. MS would be so stupid to take that series from PlayStation. 8 games in 8 years means $10b-$15b revenue. That is alot of money.

Mabdia

If consoles are overpriced, what about the rtx3xxx series and the future rtx4xxx series? Bad trolling is bad.
For a box that I can't do what I want, yeah, it's overpriced.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm a console gamer to the bone. But when I see the games get releases elsewhere, when I see that the games aren't being censored elsewhere... To me it looks like a overpriced piece of plastic.

There is a lot of of overpriced PC hardware that's for sure. But the freedom that you have, while now getting almost all the console games makes it worth.

kingfey

Banned
Phil needs to ask fans to stop weaponing VRR.
That covers the topic. Any tool the games use is a weapon for fanboys.

We usually get 0.0001% pixels fps drop on certain games here from digital foundry, and it's all hell loose. You should see some of these posts honestly.

Swift_Star

Banned
For a box that I can't do what I want, yeah, it's overpriced.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm a console gamer to the bone. But when I see the games get releases elsewhere, when I see that the games aren't being censored elsewhere... To me it looks like a overpriced piece of plastic.

There is a lot of of overpriced PC hardware that's for sure. But the freedom that you have, while now getting almost all the console games makes it worth.
I know I’m not going to care about that só called freedom… so overpriced. And the censoring bit. Overblown.

Mabdia

I know I’m not going to care about that só called freedom… so overpriced. And the censoring bit. Overblown.
Ok. I guess?

There is people who does not care, there is people who cares. To me it is fundamental for any person who respect himself. But that's me.
About the censorship, to me game is art and and should never be censored. You can disagree, you can hate it, but you should never let anyone try to censor any kind of art. But then again, that is just me. And in that regard PC is the way to go. Overpriced? Yes, it is. But it pays you back for that.

Swift_Star

Banned
Ok. I guess?

There is people who does not care, there is people who cares. To me it is fundamental for any person who respect himself. But that's me.
About the censorship, to me game is art and and should never be censored. You can disagree, you can hate it, but you should never let anyone try to censor any kind of art. But then again, that is just me. And in that regard PC is the way to go. Overpriced? Yes, it is. But it pays you back for that.
So you’re saying I don’t respect myself because I couldn’t care less about “freedom” in PC gaming? Is that it?

Swift_Star

Banned
Something close to that. The key here is freedom. Not only in PC, but to art as general.
Well, moron, you’re as dumb as I thought you were. Not that I was expecting something different from the likes of you. Lmao. Ignored. E ajnda é brasileiro, já sei até em quem votou pelo discurso. Ignorado mesmo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom