• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Cloud Gaming now available on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles (Game Pass Ultimate required)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/11/17/xbox-cloud-gaming-launches-on-console/

Wow, what a week it has been celebrating the 20th anniversary of Xbox, together. And we’ve got more news to share as we take another step toward our mission of bringing gaming to more people where and when they want to play: Today you can play Game Pass games from the cloud on your Xbox console. We’re excited that Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) is now available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles with a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. We are launching in 25 regions with Brazil coming soon. This capability will initially roll out with our November release to a subset of Xbox gamers and scale to all gamers in supported markets over the coming weeks.

We know from you that you want to find and try Xbox Game Pass games before you install them — and today we’re enabling just that. Now you can discover and try lots of different titles quickly right from the cloud until you land on the one you may want to also install — which is still the flagship experience for Xbox consoles. In addition to that, getting a game invite from a friend for a game you haven’t downloaded yet is no longer going to stop you from joining right away! We’ve built it so the experience is fast, easy, and a great way to discover your next favorite game while saving space on your hard drive for the games you plan to play again and again.

For Xbox One users, cloud gaming also allows you to play some next gen games on the Xbox One console you already own. This means select games that are currently only playable on Xbox Series X|S, like Recompile, The Medium, and The Riftbreaker, are now playable on your Xbox One with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and cloud gaming. We will also continue to support this capability and expand our cloud game library to include more next gen games like Microsoft Flight Simulator in early 2022.

So, boot up your console, look for the cloud icon, and jump into your next favorite game.

This journey to bring Cloud Gaming to more than a billion devices has been a true community effort. We simply wouldn’t be here today without this partnership, thank you.

Live look at Phil entering the offices this week:

Burning Daft Punk GIF

Last edited:

twilo99

I feel like the cloud is most useful for PCs and mobile, but it is nice to be able to test games out before you click download. Also, I guess xbox one is getting a lot of love that way..

gg

reksveks

I feel like the cloud is most useful for PCs and mobile, but it is nice to be able to test games out before you click download. Also, I guess xbox one is getting a lot of love that way..

gg
The game invite straight into xcloud feature is the most interesting one for me. But yeah, testing is also pretty good.

Anime-Vix

This is great. I messed around with streaming World War Z last month on the Xbox app on PC and it was smooth. I was able to play a multiplayer match without issues.
It felt like I was playing Native. I think once people try it out, they will like it.

WoodyStare

I already have a Series X, and I was debating trading in my One X towards a Series S, but depending on the streaming performance I might just keep it since I’ll still have a blu-ray drive and 4K enhancements on some BC titles.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
So Xcloud for Xbox Series X/S is the same as what I do with my phone and a Razer Kishi?

Curious how the latency works out being on console with this. I'll say one thing, it will definitely save some space and some money. No shot I'm buying one of those ultra expensive SSD's for my XSX.

If you think about it XBOX will have an installbase of about 60 million current gen consoles when this is rolled out.

Xbox one gamers will be able to enjoy starfield, redfall, stalker 2 etc
And they have a whole year to get some kind of cloud stick out to market for holiday next year.

Starfield streaming will be an interesting Christmas option.

Jaysen

Banned
One of the Game Pass points thing involved downloading a150gb game. This will make that shit so much nicer. Game Pass continues to amaze.

BigBooper

Hey Phil, Gamepass is great but since the catalog is getting so big, it's getting a little hard to manage. Let us apply cloud synced tags to the games and filter our library by those tags.

DaGwaphics

I'll have to get on there and try it. I'll spend a little more time in flight sim when it gets on there now, it was really eating storage space on my little SSD.

This probably really increased the value of my old VCR too, glad I had not sold it yet.

Reizo Ryuu

There is a bit of fine print there, it's rolling out now for a select group, the rest will get it over the next couple weeks; I don't have the cloud option yet :lollipop_crying:

Topher

Gold Member
Data caps still exist in the US in many places.

Yep. Changes from one provider to another. I used to have Cox cable had had to pay an extra $50 a month to get unlimited data. I moved to the Atlanta area and now have unlimited at no extra cost. Data plan caps are just horrible.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
This is great on Ps Now they've had it for years. I used it for checking out games, glad its on on Xbox now.

Schmick

OK... so if I'm playing FH5 on my Xbox One via xCloud. Which version am I playing, One or Series?

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

hmm, the stream updates for me so I do get like weird blocky artifacts, however the lag is really low; so it looks much better in the browser, but it plays better on the console.

Top Bottom