• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Cloud Gaming now available on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles (Game Pass Ultimate required)

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
The good news is that Microsoft is building out a datacenter region in NZ:

Bad news is who knows how long that will take and what services will take priority to come online first in that region. I suspect Xbox related stuff won't be at the top.
Yep. My partner works for the Telco that is partnering with MS for the Datacentre. It seems there is steady progress so hopefully not that long before they roll it out to NZ.

Javthusiast

Banned
Just downloaded the update and tried Forza Horizon 5, because no space on my SS currently. And holy shit does it work good. Obviously resolution was a little worse compared to if it was installed, but I was playing it perfectly fine for like an hour, no lagging. On wi-fi no less, and I don't even have some super mega connection.

This is so helpfull to try games out, especially huge file wise ones, to do some reward quests, etc.

Javthusiast

Banned
Was playing Forza Horizon 5 yesterday, got so into it I forgot it was a stream. xD

For some reason it runs really well on my Series S, but on ipad or phone it lags often.

MrFunSocks

Banned

Fuck this vague-booking for attention. Either tell us what you know or shut up.

Was playing Forza Horizon 5 yesterday, got so into it I forgot it was a stream. xD

For some reason it runs really well on my Series S, but on ipad or phone it lags often.
Series S on wifi or ethernet? Also on iOS devices isn't it restricted to the browser versus native app on Series S?

Last edited:

Deerock71

Have not tried. As with other offerings from other companies, will try eventually. I think I may have purchased 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate instead of 12, but I'll be happy either way.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Things like this really make me appreciate MS being in the games industry. They are simply doing things other companies won't do. It's awesome to see tech like this push the medium forward.

You mean companies like Sony, Nintendo...

Google was already doing it, adding many features to Stadia while Nvidia is pushing latency and graphics to the limits with the new GFN 3080 tier...

But yeah, Microsoft is doing a good job by adding Xcloud to GPU and more.

Top Bottom