• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Debuts PC Games to NVIDIA GeForce NOW Members Beginning Today

danklord

Gold Member
Yet another reason to not own an Xbox. Geforce Now running 4k60 over the cloud natively on the TV is just a better experience in every way.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
youve clearly never tried geforce now, it does up to 4k with minimal lag.
How does it run on Latinamerica?

As long as it doesn't work perfectly everywhere, it's just an optional method for developed countries.

I'd like to give it a go to one of these services with official support tho, I tried control demo on Switch and it was unplayable.

Do people even care about this, for real?
A lot of variables when it comes to streaming. But if you have good internet, are on a hardwired ethernet connection, and live in a country with availability to the service. It's damn near imperceptible from native gameplay. Geforce now is amazing.

acm2000

How does it run on Latinamerica?

As long as it doesn't work perfectly everywhere, it's just an optional method for developed countries.

I'd like to give it a go to one of these services with official support tho, I tried control demo on Switch and it was unplayable.
try it, it has a free tier

Gorgon

The facts that will unfold in the future do not care how these people feel. Once everything continues on the path that it's on (i.e technology continues to progress at the rate it does and mankind doesn't go extinct) cloud gaming WILL eventually replace console and PC gaming as the dominant way people play their games, in almost all sectors of the world. That is inevitable, all things permitted. How anyone doesn't see that is beyond me. It doesn't have to happen today or tomorrow or even in the next five years, but it will happen eventually.

Fixed.

And yes, I agree. It would be cool (and it's unavoidable I guess) to just buy a controller or whatever and pay a subscription for Sony, MS, Nintendo, or whatever you want and have access to their entire library for 10-15 bucks a month. Just like we do nowadays with TV series and movie streaming etc like Netflix, HBO Max, etc. I used to bitch about not owning my movies and TV series in DVD/BR etc, but nowadays I totally welcome those services. The only bad thing is the amount of different services, the fragmented nature of their libraries, and the fact that tons of stuff are not even available anywhere to begin with.

Unfortunately, just like the TV/movie streaming market, game streaming would be a fragmented mess, so for now I say fuck you.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You should ask yourself the question if MS really wanted this if the deal was so easy for them to lock down with ABK. Also that 10 year in their messaging is pretty much cringe imo.

Top Bottom