• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox development boss teases "exciting" platform updates: "This is just the beginning", currently updating quick resume, broadcasting and more

LYou misspelled though and didn’
For years now I've been suspecting Sony have a stealth online team that post pro Sony and anti-competitor shit across the Internet. I continue to increase the likelihood of that in most of these threads.
I hope it’s that actually, more than some of these people are just doing it for free - that would be incredibly sad :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
giphy.gif

SegaManAU

Gold Member
How could they launch a second console in a row with controller disconnects? I haven't had it on Series X, but I had it one my launch Xbox One, and they only thing that fixed it was upgrading to a One S. Couldn't they have troubleshot this sometime in the last seven years?

I had the same thing on my launch Xbox one (constant controller disconnects). Started to happen when it was out of warranty. I purchased a One S and once again, after 18 months or so the unit started playing up. After boot up, the unit would just turn itself off. Really pissed me off.

I hope it’s that actually, more than some of these people are just doing it for free - that would be incredibly sad :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Why are you quoting me in this you clown? Concern doesn’t need a bumchum to defend him after he’s already scurried away. If he wants to cry about grammar, yet can’t do it himself, people will laugh and call him out for it.

Also hilarious you bring up Sony fans being free marketing. You do realise gaf mods had to ban a load of accounts in 2013 for being paid shills promoting Xbox and spreading PS4 fud?

It really isn’t hard to find to find the usual suspects who shamelessly promote Xbox for free either - it goes both ways.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The Medium was great! But yeah they need to hit it out of the park going forward.

As for the OP article, it annoys me that we’re just going out of the holidays and they’re already hyping up the next holiday but can’t talk about it. How about saying something to the current Series owners so we feel like it was a good idea to jump in now? I’m tired of waiting for stuff.
I think (I'm hoping, at least) that Hellblade 2 will be that title. Like not necessarily at the level of God of War (as in a 10/10), but at the level of AC: Valhalla, Days Gone, Death Stranding (a solid 8.5 or 9/10).

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
What I hate about this corporate talks is the "this is just the beginning" part, well we do hope it is, look at the Xbox 1 and ps4 last gen their os had barely anything compared to end gen.
of course they won't release an update or 2 then fuck all for the rest of this gen we know that but what can we expect ?
But that's just how every company operates its communication but it feels so empty, probably because everybody is doing it.

Why are you quoting me in this you clown? Concern doesn’t need a bumchum to defend him after he’s already scurried away. If he wants to cry about grammar, yet can’t do it himself, people will laugh and call him out for it.

Also hilarious you bring up Sony fans being free marketing. You do realise gaf mods had to ban a load of accounts in 2013 for being paid shills promoting Xbox and spreading PS4 fud?

It really isn’t hard to find to find the usual suspects who shamelessly promote Xbox for free either - it goes both ways.
Was actually an accidental quote of your post, but your ridiculous over reaction makes it a happy twist of fate :messenger_tears_of_joy: You seem a little overwraught if you don’t mind me saying. Are you feeling okay?

Last edited:

TimFL

So their exciting platform updates are fixing bugs and adding back missing functionality that should‘ve been there in the first place.

Got it.

I’m getting tired of DF bias and how they’re constantly put On a pedestal for being the ‘best’.

According to one of the biggest xboys the written article for the video barely mentions any negatives and that they both dip slightly. I myself haven’t read the written article, just watched the video. But If they’re written stuff isn’t matching what’s actually in their videos when they fully well know their audience won’t even watch and would rather just read the print, then that’s a huge problem.

It’s clear from the video the dips are bigger and more frequent on series x. Either they watched it and trolling or they didn’t watch and are commenting on a video they’ve not watched.

Ah yeah so they just left the worst footage to show.. In the video they say xbox drop more and you can see in the sections its doing it in. It isn't hard to figure that it will be dropping frames in similar areas, effects and actions on screen doesn't it? You also make it sound like they finished the game to completation while analysing it to the very end for their write up, guess what they didn't.

What exactly is Riky's argument? Have you followed this thread? because every time one of his arguments gets put down, he changes the conversation.
He's gone from:
xbox version is better because VRR (LOL) Even though it does nothing for the stutter.
xbox version in his words is the same frame drops as Ps5 (lie)
Then his argument shifted to the xbox version is better because it can be installed on removeable storage, which he can transfer to his other xboxs' (kill me)
Now he's shifted the conversation to "yet but Hitman"
now he's giving a small list of games that perform better on xbox, which happen to be last gen games using back compatibility. Arguing about last gen games running in BC mode isn't anything to do with the anything relevant for the new systems.

I'm not sure you even know what that means as its just one of the many xbox marketing terms. They're last gen games getting a boost from new hardware. None of them are coded specifically for xbox. warzone vrr right?

Jesus Christ. It is still an Xbox one game regardless of how many patches they release to use Xbox series x features.

Some of you are purposely dense to fit your narrative.

On both consoles if the framerate is locked to 30 then nothing will be boosted unless the dev releases a patch to update the game to 60 like the division.

Games with unlocked frame rates will see that boosted up to 60 same with games with dynamic resolution. You will see the res hit the higher end.

Those games you mentioned received a patch to use 120fps on series x..

He knows this already, he’s just being a typical xboy.

At the end of the day Xbox back compatibility solution is better than PlayStation but requires more work from Xbox since it’s software based.

But using games running in BC mode to argue a win for Xbox is a sad endeavour- congrats on running old games slightly better.

There it is Full circle - back to 9tf machine .

Looking forward to the check list being regurgitated this year.
12 tf monster
Full rdna2
30% delta
Sustained performance

You know the rest

😂 ironic that one of the forums biggest xboys saying this while shamelessly promoting gears of war dlc. I love gears, but 5 was easily one of the worst campaigns and the main character (kait) was awful. Since you’ve not played returnal how do you
Know what the character is like?

I’ll bite though. A character is defined more than what they look like and if you’re playing a game solely based on how a character looks then that’s sad.

I don’t like the design I think she’s an old lesbian as well, but a bad design wouldn’t stop me enjoying a fun game (if it’s good).

Any my point still stands. It’s getting boring now seeing the same posts crying about the design, we’ve heard it all before.

This is why riky is a hilarious walking contradiction .
You make excuses for Xbox behind behind ps5 by blaming the tools or games starting off as last gen games even though they have specific next gen versions.

Yet your more than willing to brag about Xbox outperforming ps5 in games using backwards compatibility which clearly isn’t a real benchmark since both consoles aren’t even being properly coded for.

You can’t have both.

I already said this. Unfortunately the xboys have already creamed themselves.

I love how they advertise the D pad changes. xbox d pad has been garbage for 15 years and they still haven't made it good. Try playing a fighting game with it.
“I don’t shit post xboys” and you should really quit whining about the other poster trying to get people banned because you were all in the banned thread celebrating some of the other more prominent posters being banned.

“I don’t shit post xboys” and you should really quit whining about the other poster trying to get people banned because you were all in the banned thread celebrating some of the other more prominent posters being banned.

What am I supposed to even reply to this? Congrats you went through my entire post history where I call out some bull shit? I didn’t realise having issues with an Xbox controller d pad is somehow console warring, I mean I do own one?

Not even going to entertain your lies about celebrating people being banned. Since you’re clearly trying to bait me.

Neil Young

I love how they are always looking to improve. Sure, they've struggled in areas, but they are always trying.

Now, if I could find a mother f'n series X already!!!! And if one more person says they can find them easily and they bought 5 of them, one for each room in their place, I'm going to bite myself.

Top Bottom