• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Everywhere: Phil Spencer wants an Xbox app on as many devices as possible (Switch/PlayStation excluded)

MonarchJT

Banned
I don't understand these messages, though it's very offtopic as we are talking about the viability of GamePass, but how is Sony being crushed when 80% of third party console sales are on PS platforms? MS is the one killing sales on their platform thanks to GamePass.

You might personally like what they do, but you should look at data before formulating a generalized opinion.
*physicals

For most PC gamers, PlayStation was always an exclusives only console. Game Pass doesn't change that. I don't think Game Pass has much of an impact on PC at all, to be honest. Microsoft is selling their games on Steam and those games seem to be mainstays in the top sellers list. I think Game Pass subscriptions are heavily on the console side. I don't have any data to support that. Just a supposition.
I agree. I think that Game Pass makes more console players "Xbox = everything and Sony = just exclusives".

Not really. Game Pass doesn't have "everything". And Sony sells tons of third party games.
Of course Sony sells tons of 3rd parties right now since they sold ~120 million PS4 and most buyers are casuals that don't give a shit about exclusives. But more core gamers seem to make Xbox their main platform now. I personally know a few and even on GAF (~80% Sony) i read this quite some times. With Game Pass Ultimate you get every Xbox game "for free", also many other interesting games, online gaming + xCloud is included. Also you can get digital games dirt cheap from Argentina and so on. Can save you a ton of money if you main Xbox instead of maining Playstation.

ManaByte

So why is he so upset about Apple and iPhones?

Apple is the same. 30% tax. Apple banned the GamePass app from offering game streaming because they saw it as a competition to their Apple Arcade. The new Xbox app also cannot buy games from the store anymore on iOS or Android (the old one could). So they had to use Safari to do the streaming.

Topher

Gold Member
Of course Sony sells tons of 3rd parties right now since they sold ~120 million PS4 and most buyers are casuals that don't give a shit about exclusives. But more core gamers seem to make Xbox their main platform now.

That too is just supposition though. Frankly, I don't see it. Most gamers don't have the luxury of buying both consoles right now due to the shortages. So the vast majority have one current gen console and that's all.

Sure...Game Pass can save you money if the games you want to play are on Game Pass. Again, not everything is on Game Pass so whether or not someone saves money with GP depends on the games they want to play.

oagboghi2

Who says there isn't research showing the market wants it? You're assuming because you cant google an answer it means it doesnt exist.

At some point NF came to mobile. Google says 2007. And that was long time ago when screens were smaller and NF had a fraction of the content they have now. Who knew people loved to watch TV shows and movies on a tiny screen? I didn't. I've never used NF on a phone. I dont even use NF on my laptop. I only use NF on my TV using the tv app or console app. I'm one kind of consumer. The tv NF user. But there are some who use NF primarily on a smartphone for their reasons, and some only use it on a PC. Then some who use it on many devices. More the better.

You have a hard time understanding that more access point can lead to more users, as well as help current users use it more too.

Your view on Steam Deck must be its a failure too because handheld gaming has peaked with whichever console maker makes a handheld. Steam Deck is going for a powerful PC gaming on the go gadget. There's no research either that says PC gamers are begging to play Steam games sitting on a bus.
Then show me the research, because looking at the current market data and sales figures we have today, there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

I’ve already explained why Netflix is a flawed comparison. Giving me another history lesson on Netflix is not making a case. Not is veering into Steam deck, which is a completely different situation.

I read the conversation above, and I agree with you regarding xCloud, mobile, and market expansion. At the moment, Xbox is still targeting hardcore Xbox fans and existing gamers, presenting them a new way to play their games. Gamepass and xCloud. But that may not bring in a large userbase from an outside market (e.g., non-gamers who primarily watch movies in their spare time).

Having said that, I also believe that horizontal market expansion is very important for the gaming industry at this stage, and this is what Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer are trying to do in their own ways. Otherwise, the industry keeps getting stuck at the ~200-250 million userbase cap.

I'd like to know, if not this, then what do you think is a better way to expand the market horizontally?

Personally, I think Jim Ryan's method may not look as sexy but might end be as more fruitful in the end. I understand he is trying two tactics:
  1. Creating movies and TV shows from existing Sony IPs. That's tapping into the other medium. If someone likes the IP, that's half the job done. Now it's the assumption that they'd like to play a video game. If they don't, that's it. If they do, they can become a Sony customer.
  2. Creating mobile games based on Sony IPs. This is nothing special. It's just creating mobile games based on Sony IPs. MS will be doing the same with the help of Tencent. But it may still help expand to the casual gamers' market.
we’ve seen how to expand into that “non-gamer” audience. You have to change the design paradigm of the software, and if possible have that lead the hardware. We saw that with the wii, and some of its lessons are currently in the switch. We see that now, with the games on iOS. Small, non-intimidating ,digestible, with consistent feedback to the player.

it’s never been an access or distribution problem.

kingfey

Banned
Then show me the research, because looking at the current market data and sales figures we have today, there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

I’ve already explained why Netflix is a flawed comparison. Giving me another history lesson on Netflix is not making a case. Not is veering into Steam deck, which is a completely different situation.

we’ve seen how to expand into that “non-gamer” audience. You have to change the design paradigm of the software, and if possible have that lead the hardware. We saw that with the wii, and some of its lessons are currently in the switch. We see that now, with the games on iOS. Small, non-intimidating ,digestible, with consistent feedback to the player.

it’s never been an access or distribution problem.
Mobile gamers play on their phone, because gaming is expensive.

You have to buy the device, pay for online on consoles. The games are expensive. Controllers are expensive.

Most of mobile gamers have shitty laptops and computers.

Before I got my set up, I had a shotty system. My laptop was pretty garbage. My only gaming form was mobile.

The xbox method will attract these people. Xcloud will work on tv, laptop, and their phone. Especially, when they are only paying 15$ or 5$-10$ for xcloud in the future.

Its why Phil is going after these people.

Fyi: most college students don't have their own laptop or computer for their college. They mostly use the family computer.

I had to work overtime to afford my 1st laptop. Our computer at that time, was bad.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"Xbox wants to end the console war"
- by releasing GP everywhere except the other consoles.
18230-Xboxar.com.gif

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
Hades on Xcloud on my PC browser is fantastic. Playing Ascent and Now Hades this way is legitimately making me rethink getting an XSX. I can play my son's for the 2-3 annual huge titles I want to be a native snob about but for everything else Xcloud is so good, I'm not really missing native play anymore.

Schmick

Hades on Xcloud on my PC browser is fantastic. Playing Ascent and Now Hades this way is legitimately making me rethink getting an XSX. I can play my son's for the 2-3 annual huge titles I want to be a native snob about but for everything else Xcloud is so good, I'm not really missing native play anymore.
Streamimg allows me to played PS games using PS Now for PC. And with God of War recently added its really good.

CitizenZ

Banned
So you have a problem with him being consistent?

Or do you have a problem with him actually pursuing that space?

Because it seems he is building in today what he talked about back then, but you see it as a negative somehow.

No, just pointing out the facts. Also, i knew they were going to be bring all their titles to PC, seeing as they lost 30%+ of their audience from 360 days. Around 2015 is when they started making plans in many interviews. Simple 101 business planning at the basic of basic knowledge.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I assume this is a joke. If you would pay £70 per month for GamePass you're crazy!

Remember after paying £840 a year you still wouldn't actually own anything, and you would almost certainly be buying gaming outside of the service too. It would cost a fortune and wouldn't be worth it even if you got through tons of games.

Now I wouldn't. However, what if Gamepass offered every AAA title from every publisher from day one, and with the guarantee the games would never leave the service?

You telling me you wouldn't pay £70pm for that service? For the cost of a single game, you're getting monthly access to every single game whenever and wherever you want.

Schmick

Now I wouldn't. However, what if Gamepass offered every AAA title from every publisher from day one, and with the guarantee the games would never leave the service?

You telling me you wouldn't pay £70pm for that service? For the cost of a single game, you're getting monthly access to every single game whenever and wherever you want.
Firstly, that would never ever happen and secondly the argument "you don't own the game" we find itself back in the conversation.

Topher

Gold Member

I wouldn't. That's not really a good deal for me. I seriously doubt most would pay that either as a lot of gamers only play two or three games a year. Heck, some only play one like CoD or Madden or Battlefield. I play more games than the average gamer and I don't pay close to $840 a year. I look for good deals. The only titles I've paid full price for this year are Spider-man: Miles Morales and ME Legendary Edition and that was three games in one. The others I bought, AC:V, Greedfall, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Yakuza: Like a Dragon at a discount or used. Total I've spent is around $250. At $70 a month I would have paid $560 this year. No, that's just not a good deal at all.

Azurro

Banned
*physicals

The digital ratio is very similar as well. Xbox having 20% of sales isn't very healthy, so it's obvious that a factor like Gamepass is depressing sales, as the userbase is being trained to wait for any game on gamepass.

Gamepass is GREAT PR and an excellent deal for people that like older games, middling filler and MS's first party games, but the numbers are the reality: 2:1 next gen console sales, 80% of third party sales, Gamepass losing hundreds of millions.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
The digital ratio is very similar as well. Xbox having 20% of sales isn't very healthy, so it's obvious that a factor like Gamepass is depressing sales, as the userbase is being trained to wait for any game on gamepass.

Gamepass is GREAT PR and an excellent deal for people that like older games, middling filler and MS's first party games, but the numbers are the reality: 2:1 next gen console sales, 80% of third party sales, Gamepass losing hundreds of millions.
as most of your post are biased words without knowing what you talking about....luckily we know you. our talk can end it here...we know would not go anywhere

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
as most of your post are biased words without knowing what you talking about....luckily we know you. our talk can end it here...we know would not go anywhere

Who is "we"? If we are going to go and start accusing people of being biased, you should look at yourself in the mirror, but that'd be unproductive. I'm just inserting actual numbers into the discourse of Gamepass and the health of MS's ecosystem, as I feel most of it is very well placed PR, the userbase manages to ignore the actual numbers when discussing the state of the market.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Who is "we"? If we are going to go and start accusing people of being biased, you should look at yourself in the mirror, but that'd be unproductive. I'm just inserting actual numbers into the discourse of Gamepass and the health of MS's ecosystem, as I feel most of it is very well placed PR, the userbase manages to ignore the actual numbers when discussing the state of the market.
We haven’t got any numbers, much less to the extent that we know that Game Pass loses ‘hundreds of millions’ - keep pulling crap out of your arse though.

Azurro

Banned
We haven’t got any numbers, much less to the extent that we know that Game Pass loses ‘hundreds of millions’ - keep pulling crap out of your arse though.

Expenses from Gamepass:
Gamepass infrastructure expenses (new server blades, replacing older server blades with Series X based ones)
Staff that maintains that infrastructure
Monthly costs of running multiple studios with little to no revenue coming from them at release (thousands of MS employees per month, plus office space, computers and such)
7 billion deal to purchase Bethesda to improve Gamepass 1st party offering (one time expense)
Expenses to keep third party content on Gamepass
Payments to Ubisoft and EA for their content.

Earnings from Gamepass:
300 million from 20 million users, absolute best case of scenario, it's likely to be much less in reality as not everyone will have GP Ultimate plus GP is available in countries where the price is quite a bit less, plus promotions and such.
Commission from MicroTX from GamePass games.

That's incredibly easily eroded away by their expenses, MS themselves admitted it's not making any money.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Expenses from Gamepass:
Gamepass infrastructure expenses (new server blades, replacing older server blades with Series X based ones)
Monthly costs of running multiple studios with little to no revenue coming from them at release (thousands of MS employees per month, plus office space, computers and such)
7 billion deal to purchase Bethesda to improve Gamepass 1st party offering (one time expense)

Earnings from Gamepass:
300 million from 20 million users, absolute best case of scenario, it's likely to be much less in reality as not everyone will have GP Ultimate plus GP is available in countries where the price is quite a bit less, plus promotions and such.

That's incredibly easily eroded away by their expenses, MS themselves admitted it's not making any money.
no idea of what u talking bout part 2

Banjo64

cumsessed
Expenses from Gamepass:

Earnings from Gamepass:

Game Pass didn’t but Zenimax, Microsoft did. Not sure how you can chalk that up as a $7 billion loss for Game Pass.

Azurro

Banned
no idea of what u talking bout part 2

Enlighten me. With numbers related to currency please, not downed zombies.

Game Pass didn’t but Zenimax, Microsoft did. Not sure how you can chalk that up as a $7 billion loss for Game Pass.

MS bought Bethesda to improve their 1st party offerings on Gamepass. That's a Gamepass related expense.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Enlighten me. With numbers related to currency please, not downed zombies.

MS bought Bethesda to improve their 1st party offerings on Gamepass. That's a Gamepass related expense.
It really isn’t, but as I said before; feel free to keep making stuff up.

Azurro

Banned
It really isn’t, but as I said before; feel free to keep making stuff up.

MS buys Bethesda for 7 billion
MS puts all of Bethesda's library of games on GamePass
MS promises to put all of future Bethesda content on GamePass

Sounds to me that the deal was made to put Bethesda content on Gamepass. Where is my reasoning there lacking, dear Banjo64 Banjo64 ?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
MS buys Bethesda
MS puts all of Bethesda's library of games on GamePass
MS promises to put all of future Bethesda content on GamePass

Where is my reasoning there lacking, dear Banjo64 Banjo64 ?
You’re assuming that they’ve bought those studios only to increase the value of Game Pass, and not to attract more users to the Xbox ecosystem through exclusives, or to sell millions of copies through Steam and Xbox (those games will still sell millions of copies). So your reasoning is just plain wrong.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

You have to buy the device, pay for online on consoles. The games are expensive. Controllers are expensive.

Before I got my set up, I had a shotty system. My laptop was pretty garbage. My only gaming form was mobile.

The xbox method will attract these people. Xcloud will work on tv, laptop, and their phone. Especially, when they are only paying 15$ or 5$-10$ for xcloud in the future.

Fyi: most college students don't have their own laptop or computer for their college. They mostly use the family computer.

I had to work overtime to afford my 1st laptop. Our computer at that time, was bad.
Mobile gamers play on thousand dollar iPhones and androids. Consoles are to expensive? Laughable 😂

mobile gamers don’t see gaming as worth a large expense. That’s why so many of them are f2p or incredibly cheap upfront, and incorporate the monetization into the game design. Because that market is extremely sensitive to price.

why would a 180 price point on a product they don’t care about be attractive to them?

your anecdotal evidence is worthless, because you are the type of person who would buy a Xbox anyway. Someone like you buying xcloud is not expanding the audience.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
You’re assuming that they’ve bought those studios only to increase the value of Game Pass, and not to attract more users to the Xbox ecosystem through exclusives, or to sell millions of copies through Steam and Xbox (those games will still sell millions of copies). So your reasoning is just plain wrong.

They would never recoup their investment in the Bethesda acquisition if that was the case, very few IPs cause a userbase to migrate from one platform to another and Elder Scrolls and Fallout are one of those, it has always shown to have a limited impact.

Whatever that potential limited extra sales on Xbox will be very depressed given they will be offered with Gamepass. Maybe they will make up for it a bit with the PC version, but let's be real, it will be available on PC Gamepass as well since they want to increase the gamepass userbase on PC, so, let's call a spade a spade, they bought them to increase the value of GamePass.

Why are you so adamant to deny such a basic fact?

It's a shame M MonarchJT doesn't want to illuminate me with all of those magical Gamepass revenues.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
They would never recoup their investment in the Bethesda acquisition if that was the case, very few IPs cause a userbase to migrate from one platform to another and Elder Scrolls and Fallout are one of those, it has always shown to have a limited impact.

Whatever that potential limited extra sales on Xbox will be very depressed given they will be offered with Gamepass. Maybe they will make up for it a bit with the PC version, but let's be real, it will be available on PC Gamepass as well since they want to increase the gamepass userbase on PC, so, let's call a spade a spade, they bought them to increase the value of GamePass.

Why are you so adamant to deny such a basic fact?

It's a shame M MonarchJT doesn't want to illuminate me with all of those magical Gamepass revenues.
The asset is worth $7b. They still have that $7b asset whilst it’s making money. It’s called investing rather than keeping $7b in the bank. The point, and MS’s metric of success, isn’t to immediately make $7b back to recoup the cost.

Azurro

Banned
The asset is worth $7b. They still have that $7b asset whilst it’s making money. It’s called investing rather than keeping $7b in the bank. The point, and MS’s metric of success, isn’t to immediately make $7b back to recoup the cost.

That's not how valuations work. Verizon bought Yahoo for 9 billion, and is selling them for 5 billion. Bethesda games will have much less market penetration due to their status as Gamepass content, and unless it's a huge success where someone shows money made by microTx is through the roof, it's going to be difficult to keep the valuation up if MS do decide to sell.

Bethesda was bought to improve their Gamepass offering.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That's not how valuations work. Verizon bought Yahoo for 9 billion, and is selling them for 5 billion. Bethesda games will have much less market penetration due to their status as Gamepass content, and unless it's a huge success where someone shows money made by microTx is through the roof, it's going to be difficult to keep the valuation up if MS do decide to sell.
Value increases or decrease over time.

Zenimax value isn't just from the IP. The real value is from Orion streaming tech, game engines, and other values zenimax has. These have much more value. Imagine having ID tech. With MS money, their tech would be insane.

As for Yahoo, it is on decline, its why the value it has become shit. Phones exist, and people spend less time on their computer. Even Firefox is suffering from this.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Bethesda was bought to improve their Gamepass offering.

lebowski-opinion1.jpg

kingfey

Banned
MS is a long term plan company. They aren't Google, which throws their business away.

To them, zenimax is a huge long term benefit. Not just for their gaming. The Orion tech is a top notch too.

Fredrik

While we haven’t seen any new numbers in awhile there were talk about 23 million Gamepass subscribers months ago. I’m guessing they’re way past 25 million now. That’s more than $1 billion per year from subscription money alone. Add to that regular game sales on Xbox, Microsoft Store and Steam.
So, doomed any day now!

ZywyPL

Banned

Mobile games are, exactly that, games made for specific type of experience, on specific type of device, for specific circumstances a.k.a. very short sittings every now and then while on a bus, toilet etc., all those hundreds of millions/billions of people who play on mobile devices every now and then won't suddenly want to spend hours/weeks/days on a full-fat AAA experience on a 5" display, which is then further covered with touch controls. What MS should IMO do with xCloud is to target TVs first and foremost, because that's where the entire audience is anyway - people with home consoles have a TV (duh), people with PC also have a TV, everyone with a laptop has a TV, everyone with a phone has a TV, and so on and so on, people who don't even play games at all have a TV, and maybe they would start if given a very cheap option to do so. TV is one of the basic/mandatory devices every households has just like fridge, so reaching is would be the fastest/easiest way to reach all the people out there with their service, who then might use it on something else like on mobile devices or dedicated gaming console. Just like Netflix, where most people get it to watch it on their TVs, and once used to it they start using it on the go as well.

While we haven’t seen any new numbers in awhile there were talk about 23 million Gamepass subscribers months ago. I’m guessing they’re way past 25 million now. That’s more than $1 billion per year from subscription money alone. Add to that regular game sales on Xbox, Microsoft Store and Steam.
So, doomed any day now!

The numbers don't matter really, because all those accounts are 1$ upgrades anyway, and what's more they're all Spencer's smurf accounts, he's just doing it to prove to Nadella that his service-based vision works before he goes on retirement and receives a big fat check for his supposedly amazing work, while all the data about user engagement, how much people play and how much they spend on games, the XB division revenue/profit reports, it's all fabricated by Spencer himself for Nadella and the investors, but it's just a matter of time when the truth will surface. So yeah, either way, Xbox GamePass is doomed!

/s in case not detected.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Mobile games are, exactly that, games made for specific type of experience, on specific type of device, for specific circumstances a.k.a. very short sittings every now and then while on a bus, toilet etc., all those hundreds of millions/billions of people who play on mobile devices every now and then won't suddenly want to spend hours/weeks/days on a full-fat AAA experience on a 5" display, which is then further covered with touch controls. What MS should IMO do with xCloud is to target TVs first and foremost, because that's where the entire audience is anyway - people with home consoles have a TV (duh), people with PC also have a TV, everyone with a laptop has a TV, everyone with a phone has a TV, and so on and so on, people who don't even play games at all have a TV, and maybe they would start if given a very cheap option to do so. TV is one of the basic/mandatory devices every households has just like fridge, so reaching is would be the fastest/easiest way to reach all the people out there with their service, who then might use it on something else like on mobile devices or dedicated gaming console. Just like Netflix, where most people get it to watch it on their TVs, and once used to it they start using it on the go as well.
In order for them to target tv first, they would need to test it on browser and mobile, like they are doing now. Once its stable, tv would be next.

I will agree with that step. Tv now days have smart app. Xbox app on TV would be very popular. Controller, and app, and you are good to go. Great for poor families, who can't afford consoles.

Fredrik

The numbers don't matter really, because all those accounts are 1$ upgrades anyway
Joking aside, it’s a known practise through all industries to lure people in with a cheap entry price, we may dislike it but everybody knows that it’s working. Once we’re in, however we did it, it’s going to be very difficult go out
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Joking aside, it’s a known practise through all industries to lure people in with a cheap entry price, we may dislike it but everybody knows that it’s working. Once we’re in, however we did it, it’s going to be very difficult go out
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
Question is, how long will people pay for 1$?
Is there a trick to have 1$ all time, without paying 180$ in advance?
Because I would like that on my account.

P.s. I need to cancel my 2nd account. I had 3 month 1$, and I almost forgot to stop the monthly sub payment.

ZywyPL

Banned
In order for them to target tv first, they would need to test it on browser and mobile, like they are doing now. Once its stable, tv would be next.

I will agree with that step. Tv now days have smart app. Xbox app on TV would be very popular. Controller, and app, and you are good to go. Great for poor families, who can't afford consoles.

Like really, the controller is what, 50$? How much would a streaming dongle cost, in case we're talking about TVs that wouldn't be capable of doing it natively for whatever the reasons - another 50? They could really reach everyone with just a 99$ set. But then there's the wall that is the the internet infrastructure, not only on the peoples side but MS's XB blades as well, latency is the number one killer here, so I'm honestly not surprised they're just testing the waters for now before they'll go any deeper. If they will make it playable on mobiles, then it'll be only so much better at your home.

kingfey

Banned
Like really, the controller is what, 50$? How much would a streaming dongle cost, in case we're talking about TVs that wouldn't be capable of doing it natively for whatever the reasons - another 50? They could really reach everyone with just a 99$ set. But then there's the wall that is the the internet infrastructure, not only on the peoples side but MS's XB blades as well, latency is the number one killer here, so I'm honestly not surprised they're just testing the waters for now before they'll go any deeper. If they will make it playable on mobiles, then it'll be only so much better at your home.

That is your solution for their latency.

Network isn't an issue. We advanced out internet so fast, to the point we are now downloading 100gb from the wifi. 2 years, and it would be like Netflix.

ZywyPL

Banned
Network isn't an issue. We advanced out internet so fast, to the point we are now downloading 100gb from the wifi. 2 years, and it would be like Netflix.

I don't know, we're talking about 33ms for a single frame to render, half of that for 60FPS, so literally every single ms of input delay counts, on top on the controller's input delay already. I just don't see it happening with no more than just a few ms ping to the nearest xCloud server. But then again, I'm very critical when it comes to the controls on the consoles and I'll always choose a dedicated hardware under my TV, but I guess most people out there probably won't care as long as it's not as terrible as KZ2 back in the day (which still found people defending it, claiming the controls were perfectly fine).

kingfey

Banned
I don't know, we're talking about 33ms for a single frame to render, half of that for 60FPS, so literally every single ms of input delay counts, on top on the controller's input delay already. I just don't see it happening with no more than just a few ms ping to the nearest xCloud server. But then again, I'm very critical when it comes to the controls on the consoles and I'll always choose a dedicated hardware under my TV, but I guess most people out there probably won't care as long as it's not as terrible as KZ2 back in the day (which still found people defending it, claiming the controls were perfectly fine).
The link i send it to you will fix the input lag you are talking about.

With Orion tech, input lag shouldn't be a big deal like it is now.

Fredrik

Question is, how long will people pay for 1$?
Is there a trick to have 1$ all time, without paying 180$ in advance?
Because I would like that on my account.

P.s. I need to cancel my 2nd account. I had 3 month 1$, and I almost forgot to stop the monthly sub payment.
There has been two main methods. First was stacking XBLGold cards. Could get you three years for $180 as you say. After that you could stack EAPlay cards, about the same price. Not sure how far you could stack but at least until 2024. I’m not sure if either method work the same way now but most of us cheap asses will have to pay standard price at that point.
So until 2024, minimum.

There is a third method as well, more work but cheap. Then you create a new Xbox account and sign up for the first month for $1, after that you create a new account, $1, rinse and repeat. Too much work for me but I think that still works.

In the end, anectodal evidence among the people I know shows that the norm is to pay standard price. Us talking, youtube videos, articles, people hyping it, even people hating on it, is what’s making it keep growing. Word of mouth is the best advertising. And today there are more Gamepass subscribers than Xbox Series S/X and PS5 owners, combined.

Top Bottom