• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Gaf: Are you satisfied with the current state of Microsoft Game Studios?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I just turned 40 in January...maybe I'm just at a point in my life where the whole idea of hype has waned for me. Kinda sad actually.
Im getting there but this is like my only hobby besides watching baseball, and its tough not having ANYTHING to get excited about. Movies, tv shows, music no longer excites me. E3 was like the one show a year I looked forward to and everyone just seems to want to stay away from it.

I guess I was 30 when the infamous 2015 conference happened, but 7 years later, I was hoping these guys would finally have a vision of the future of gaming i could get behind. Not looking likely.

Time to move on and do what other 40 year old men do. Go golfing, buy a fancy car, have an affair or two, and leave video games and other nerdy shit behind. Goodbye Neogaf, hello Ashley Madison.

Josemayuste

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

xHunter

There is no reason to expect or demand Xbox be held to a higher standard than the industry leader and their much-lauded studios just because Xbox's parent company has a shit ton of money.
So we shouldnt hold the publisher of the year to a higher standard?

I mean you even made it clear multiple times that Microsoft has done something no one ever achieved and now we shouldnt expect the same again?

Xbox first party studios won a few GotYs like well over 100 which is far more than any other publisher and about 4 to 5 times what either Sony or Nintendo won.

Here's what I get from his comments to you:
Well over 100 GotY awards, Metacritic Publisher of the Year, highest Metacritic average ever are NOT objective facts! The only objective fact in determining a game's quality is whether or not it says SONY when you boot it up. :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles: :pie_roffles:

This thread got me to wondering if 2020 and 2021 were really as bare as some think. I mean, it's all subjective. And it definitely depends on whether or not you are a GamePass subscriber. So here was 2020, for me. Games I had never played before, but played in 2020 either bought on Xbox or via GamePass. Not counting multiplatform stuff that didn't hit GamePass:

Frostpunk
Plague Tale
Two Point Hospital
Ninja Gaiden II
Wasteland Remastered
Ori and the Will of Wisps
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Bleeding Edge
Ace Combat 7
Minecraft Dungeons
Carrion
Battletoads
Wasteland 3
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Doom Eternal
Forza 7
Deep Rock Galactic
Call of the Sea
Gears Tactics

Halo Infinite
Horizon 5
Aliens Fireteam
The Gunk
It Takes Two
My Friend Pedro
Flight Simulator
Back 4 Blood
Into the Pit
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
Forgotten City
Phoenix Point
Artful Escape
Subnautica 2
Quake
Art of Rally
Hades
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Tropico 6
The Ascent
Hot Pursuit Remastered
Psychonauts
Outriders
Zombie Army 4
MLB 21
Second Extinction
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 7
Wolfenstein: Old Blood
Prey
Rage 2
Doom
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Project Winter
Dirt 5
Falconeer
Killer Queen Black
Project Winter
Cyber Shadow
The Medium

Outside of games I actually downloaded and played, the console also released a bunch of shit that I know are good games and worth playing, but I either have no interest, or already own/played.

Brutal Legend
RE7
Control (already owned)
Superhot MCD (already owned)
Surge 2
GTA V (already owned, came to GamePass, great game)
FF15
Yakuza 0
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (already owned)
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5/2.8
State of Decay 2 Juggernaut (I bought the game day one outside of GamePass)
Neir Automata Become as Gods (already owned)
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
RDR2 (already owned)
Alan Wake (already owned)
FF9 (already played)
CrossCode
FF7
Destiny 2 and some expansion shit
The entirety of the library in EA Access

Alan Wake 2 (already owned)
FFXIII
Crimson Skies (still have my Xbox copy)
Maneater (already owned)
Just Cause 4
Conan
Fallout 4 and New Vegas (already own)
FFXII
PoE 2
Wreckfest (already owned)
Yakuza 3, 4, and 5

And remember that this is outside of third party multiplatform stuff I also bought that never hit the service, like Elden Ring. So as you can see, for me personally, a slow time for Xbox Game Studio titles is pretty much irrelevant, because I have PLENTY I can play in the meantime. And personally I would rather a developer take their time and release a quality game and release it right, otherwise we get stuff like Infinite, or Battlefield.

The main reason I am perfectly ok with it is because even if we assume the Activision Blizzard deal fails, which it likely won't, MS has an absolute fuck ton of studios that make high quality games. They just happened to buy these studios at terrible times. Many of them were already balls deep making games they already had deals for, and MS honored those deals. And then COVID happened and fucked everything up. I can't even imagine what GamePass will look like once all these studios start putting stuff out.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
So we shouldnt hold the publisher of the year to a higher standard?

I mean you even made it clear multiple times that Microsoft has done something no one ever achieved and now we shouldnt expect the same again?

Well, if they do in fact release Forza MS and it scores like FH5, 91 or 92, then they'll break their old record of the highest Metacritic average ever since there won't be anything else to lower the average. :pie_roffles:

Josemayuste

This thread got me to wondering if 2020 and 2021 were really as bare as some think. I mean, it's all subjective. And it definitely depends on whether or not you are a GamePass subscriber. So here was 2020, for me. Games I had never played before, but played in 2020 either bought on Xbox or via GamePass. Not counting multiplatform stuff that didn't hit GamePass:

Frostpunk
Plague Tale
Two Point Hospital
Ninja Gaiden II
Wasteland Remastered
Bleeding Edge
Ace Combat 7
Minecraft Dungeons
Carrion
Battletoads
Wasteland 3
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Doom Eternal
Forza 7
Deep Rock Galactic
Call of the Sea
Gears Tactics

Halo Infinite
Horizon 5
Aliens Fireteam
The Gunk
It Takes Two
My Friend Pedro
Flight Simulator
Back 4 Blood
Into the Pit
Forgotten City
Phoenix Point
Artful Escape
Subnautica 2
Quake
Art of Rally
Hades
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Tropico 6
The Ascent
Hot Pursuit Remastered
Psychonauts
Outriders
Zombie Army 4
MLB 21
Second Extinction
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 7
Prey
Rage 2
Doom
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Project Winter
Dirt 5
Falconeer
Killer Queen Black
Project Winter
Cyber Shadow
The Medium

Outside of games I actually downloaded and played, the console also released a bunch of shit that I know are good games and worth playing, but I either have no interest, or already own/played.

Brutal Legend
RE7
Control (already owned)
Surge 2
FF15
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 3
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
RDR2 (already owned)
FF9 (already played)
CrossCode
FF7

FFXIII
Maneater (already owned)
Just Cause 4
Conan
FFXII
PoE 2
Yakuza 3, 4, and 5

And remember that this is outside of third party multiplatform stuff I also bought that never hit the service, like Elden Ring. So as you can see, for me personally, a slow time for Xbox Game Studio titles is pretty much irrelevant, because I have PLENTY I can play in the meantime. And personally I would rather a developer take their time and release a quality game and release it right, otherwise we get stuff like Infinite, or Battlefield.

The main reason I am perfectly ok with it is because even if we assume the Activision Blizzard deal fails, which it likely won't, MS has an absolute fuck ton of studios that make high quality games. They just happened to buy these studios at terrible times. Many of them were already balls deep making games they already had deals for, and MS honored those deals. And then COVID happened and fucked everything up. I can't even imagine what GamePass will look like once all these studios start putting stuff out.

But which of those games could you play when the Xbox servers went down?

But which of those games could you play when the Xbox servers went down?

I share my account with a sibling less financially free than myself and his console is set to my home console, so I actually couldn't play some games during that outage. But funny enough my GamePass games worked, it was games I had actually bought that I couldn't play lol. But I understand why, it's part of game sharing.

Well, if they do in fact release Forza MS and it scores like FH5, 91 or 92, then they'll break their old record of the highest Metacritic average ever since there won't be anything else to lower the average. :pie_roffles:
Too early to say they still have the June 12th showcase maybe they have something else cooking up then

Killer8

I love the Xbox Series X, it's a fine console that I use all the time with some excellent features. I have been using it mainly as a Game Pass, Halo MCC, backwards compatibility and emulation machine. I probably put more time into it than any other current platform for these reasons. But I would be lying if I said that it feels like anything more than a secondary, filler console right now. It's the thing to fall back on when you just want to chill on the couch, try something out or play something old. It's not something you go out of your way to play the big system seller games on. Even from day one, the console lacked a system seller game hook, while PS5 had Demon's Souls and Astro's Playroom. Xbox Series at launch was mainly "it's what you currently have, but better".

Halo campaign was pretty good, but the online did not hook me, and FH5 was boring as fuck. Flight Sim is probably the best thing i've played that screamed 'next-gen' on the console. Don't get me wrong, PS5 is nothing special either, but it at least feels like it has more of an identity with a library of games like Demon's Souls, Astro, Ratchet, Returnal and GT7 (*before they come to PC years later). I know the big games are coming to Xbox at some point, since MS own too many studios now for them not to be, but it's been a fairly poor first couple of years.

Last edited:

octiny

Banned

It will probably score that tbh. Although to be fair, w/ MC a publisher has to have released a minimum of 5 games during the year to be considered for POTY.

I'd reckon MS has a few tricks up it's sleeve in June to make up for the delay.

manfestival

I don't consider myself xbox gaf. never owned a microsoft console but I have been on board with game pass since the beginning. I think the service is wonderful and I have received my value from it many times over. As a whole, I think xbox studios has been satisfactory. Age of Empires 4, Ori Games, halo infinite(this was just ok but the quality was nice), forza horizon 5, and gears tactics were all bangers for me.

sircaw

Banned

Frostpunk
Plague Tale
Two Point Hospital
Ninja Gaiden II
Wasteland Remastered
Bleeding Edge
Ace Combat 7
Minecraft Dungeons
Carrion
Battletoads
Wasteland 3
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Doom Eternal
Forza 7
Deep Rock Galactic
Call of the Sea
Gears Tactics

Halo Infinite
Horizon 5
Aliens Fireteam
The Gunk
It Takes Two
My Friend Pedro
Flight Simulator
Back 4 Blood
Into the Pit
Forgotten City
Phoenix Point
Artful Escape
Subnautica 2
Quake
Art of Rally
Hades
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Tropico 6
The Ascent
Hot Pursuit Remastered
Psychonauts
Outriders
Zombie Army 4
MLB 21
Second Extinction
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 7
Prey
Rage 2
Doom
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Project Winter
Dirt 5
Falconeer
Killer Queen Black
Project Winter
Cyber Shadow
The Medium

Brutal Legend
RE7
Control (already owned)
Surge 2
FF15
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 3
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
RDR2 (already owned)
FF9 (already played)
CrossCode
FF7

FFXIII
Maneater (already owned)
Just Cause 4
Conan
FFXII
PoE 2
Yakuza 3, 4, and 5

it seems like you have played alot of games, can you perhaps add some time that you as player has played in hours, games completed, games that your tried out but did not like.

i find it more interesting in what you spent your time in or on, if you don't mind sharing that kind of information.

Which explains why Metacritic AVERAGE is a worthless statistic. All that matters is the total number of high scores.

I'll take 3 90s and a 50 over 1 90 any day. I just won't play the 50.

SlimySnake

I just got an XSX so I guess I can claim to be Xbox GAF now?

The non stop delays are disappointing, but not unexpected.

They really need to start releasing content in 2023 though. It’s kinda unacceptable to have so many studios that have problems getting out content in a timely fashion

PD, Fable, Hellblade, and Everwild seem like they won’t come out for another 6 years at the current rate of progress
This E3 will be a litmus test. If we get the same cutscene only trailers of Fable like we got for Starfield last year, it's safe to say Fable is at least two years away. If we get another CG trailer we got 2 years ago then we are looking at 2025-2027. TBH, I have no idea why they are working on two games at once. Let Forza Horizon die.

And we all know you spent $500 just so you can shit on Phil Spencer without catching a ban.

Frostpunk
Plague Tale
Two Point Hospital
Ninja Gaiden II
Wasteland Remastered
Bleeding Edge
Ace Combat 7
Minecraft Dungeons
Carrion
Battletoads
Wasteland 3
Warhammer Vermintide 2
Doom Eternal
Forza 7
Deep Rock Galactic
Call of the Sea
Gears Tactics

Halo Infinite
Horizon 5
Aliens Fireteam
The Gunk
It Takes Two
My Friend Pedro
Flight Simulator
Back 4 Blood
Into the Pit
Forgotten City
Phoenix Point
Artful Escape
Subnautica 2
Quake
Art of Rally
Hades
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Tropico 6
The Ascent
Hot Pursuit Remastered
Psychonauts
Outriders
Zombie Army 4
MLB 21
Second Extinction
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 7
Prey
Rage 2
Doom
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Project Winter
Dirt 5
Falconeer
Killer Queen Black
Project Winter
Cyber Shadow
The Medium

Brutal Legend
RE7
Control (already owned)
Surge 2
FF15
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts 3
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza Kiwami 2
RDR2 (already owned)
FF9 (already played)
CrossCode
FF7

FFXIII
Maneater (already owned)
Just Cause 4
Conan
FFXII
PoE 2
Yakuza 3, 4, and 5

Two years of Gamepass is like $240 no? That list is a lot less impressive when you think like that. To me it makes a lot more sense to sub for one or two months and play just what is truly worth playing.

Last edited:
As long as they keep feeding gamepass with third party games i don’t care what happens with the first party titles. I’ll probably be no lifing Modern Warfare 2 and Destiny to even care come this fall.

So basically take as long as they need for their games.

legacy24

we literally have nothing left for this year, this delay is a huge blow to Xbox no doubt guess it's time for Phil to pull out the chequebook for 3rd party deals

SlimySnake

I'm quite pissed tbh.

We know the genuine complaints. Xbox release schedule, outside of a couple repeat sequel franchises has been weak.

I fully expected, after them getting the hardware so on point that we were set for a really strong generation of steady released games and this still hasn't come to fruition.
What's crazy to me is that I remember them revealing Project Scarlett at E3 2018 some four years ago. A year before Sony's wired article. I was convinced that meant they were beginning next gen development in all first party studios except for maybe Halo Infinite which was revealed as an Xbox One game that very same conference.

What transpired next was bizarre. After shipping Forza Horizon 4 in October 2018, five months after announcing next gen consoles, they chose to make a last gen forza Horizon. Why? You knew the specs back then. Just grab a PC with 12 tflops, a zen cpu and start making a game. Otherwise what was the point of revealing next gen that early?

Then they had Ninja Theory release that awful online melee game no one played. They shouldve delayed both Gears and Outer Worlds and made them next gen only. It's been 3 years since Gears 5 and Outer Worlds and not even a gameplay demo/vertical slice from these two studios. Just delay and repurpose those last gen games as next gen games. Im pretty sure thats what Sony did with Returnal and DEmon Souls. There is nothing next gen about them from a gameplay perspective but the visuals were a nice step up. They still dont look nearly as good as Matrix but it was good to play a decent looking game in the first year or so.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
we literally have nothing left for this year, this delay is a huge blow to Xbox no doubt guess it's time for Phil to pull out the chequebook for 3rd party deals

E3.

Hoping some at least 2 confirmed release dates. Forza should be the easy one and a surprise Hellblade 2 would make it a little better.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I think my posting history should confirm that there is no love lost between me and Xbox's first party output. There is no real reason for me to drone on and on about this stuff, but I am interested in hearing what Xbox fans think of Microsoft's lackluster output this gen.

- Are you concerned about another barebones year with Starfield and Redfall getting delayed? 2020 was fairly empty too.
- Are you ok with the lack of next gen only games on xbox so far this gen?
- If not, who do you blame for this? Sony gaf blames Jim Ryan for everything; I blame him for the Ukraine war. Does Phil Spencer shoulder some of this blame after 9 years at the helm?
- They say it's darkest before the dawn. Are you confident MS will have a killer E3 conference with Perfect Dark, Forza, Hellblade, Fable, Starfield, Avowed and State of Decay 2 all making an appearance? That they are about to turn the corner?
- Everyone from Nintendo, Sony to From Software are delaying games. Should MS with their infinite war chest be held to a different standard?

Note to Sony gaf: No offense, but I can predict your posts just by looking at your name tags lol so let's just see what real fans of Xbox have to say first.

so bare bones year? its like Sonys year last year I guess where they delayed a lot of games

also we haven't seen the showcase that would of normally been E3 so we have no idea what may come out this year so its a bit of a stretch when you say bare bones

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
What's crazy to me is that I remember them revealing Project Scarlett at E3 2018 some four years ago. A year before Sony's wired article. I was convinced that meant they were beginning next gen development in all first party studios except for maybe Halo Infinite which was revealed as an Xbox One game that very same conference.

What transpired next was bizarre. After shipping Forza Horizon 4 in October 2018, five months after announcing next gen consoles, they chose to make a last gen forza Horizon. Why? You knew the specs back then. Just grab a PC with 12 tflops, a zen cpu and start making a game. Otherwise what was the point of revealing next gen that early?

Then they had Ninja Theory release that awful online melee game no one played. They shouldve delayed both Gears and Outer Worlds and made them next gen only. It's been 3 years since Gears 5 and Outer Worlds and not even a gameplay demo/vertical slice from these two studios. Just delay and repurpose those last gen games as next gen games. Im pretty sure thats what Sony did with Returnal and DEmon Souls. There is nothing next gen about them from a gameplay perspective but the visuals were a nice step up. They still dont look nearly as good as Matrix but it was good to play a decent looking game in the first year or so.

Scarlett wasn't announced until 2019, not 2018...

Well, if you don't have Ultimate, you don't Gold, which is pretty much a requirement if you're on Xbox. Unless I'm mistaken about this?
I don't think you need Gold if all you play are Gamepass games no? At least not anymore or maybe I'm wrong. I'm on PC, it used to be $5 on PC and now it's $10.

Last edited:
I have a pretty good backlog of games that I need to go through + a regular rotation that I am currently playing. I'm at no loss of content so yeah I guess I am happy with the output of games on the platform.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
so bare bones year? its like Sonys year last year I guess where they delayed a lot of games

also we haven't seen the showcase that would of normally been E3 so we have no idea what may come out this year so its a bit of a stretch when you say bare bones
I don't know there was Returnal, Ratchet& clank ,destruction all stars without counting those next gen version of a lot of their games....Xbox so far has nothing and will probably at least have Forza ....So it is comparatively at least 3 times worst ....So yeah as of now with nothing announced it is factually barebones, you can't have more barebones than that there's not even a bone.But yeah totally comparable to sony's last year of course.

SlimySnake

It was pretty barebones despite Ratchet and Returnal yeah. Im sure you remember my meltdowns when HFW, GOW and GT7 were delayed last year.

As for E3, eh. I heard the same thing from Team Sony last year when I was bitching about how they had nothing releasing for the holiday season and I was told just wait till E3, Sony must have something up their sleeves. They didnt. I hear the same thing from them this year. Im like they only have three last gen games releasing this year which btw were supposed to release in 2021, what else do they got and im told wait till E3. And im 90% sure that whatever game Sony or Microsoft reveal this year at their respective conferences wont be ready for this holiday season.

Even if by some miracle, Forza 8 and TLOU Factions make it out, I am convinced they would be last gen.

ZywyPL

Banned
Honestly none of MS' first party studio/franchise doesn't appeal to me except Forza Motorsport. For me XSX is just a great console for 3rd party/indie/GP, a PC in a living room in a way.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I think my posting history should confirm that there is no love lost between me and Xbox's first party output. There is no real reason for me to drone on and on about this stuff, but I am interested in hearing what Xbox fans think of Microsoft's lackluster output this gen.

- Are you concerned about another barebones year with Starfield and Redfall getting delayed? 2020 was fairly empty too.
- Are you ok with the lack of next gen only games on xbox so far this gen?
- If not, who do you blame for this? Sony gaf blames Jim Ryan for everything; I blame him for the Ukraine war. Does Phil Spencer shoulder some of this blame after 9 years at the helm?
- They say it's darkest before the dawn. Are you confident MS will have a killer E3 conference with Perfect Dark, Forza, Hellblade, Fable, Starfield, Avowed and State of Decay 2 all making an appearance? That they are about to turn the corner?
- Everyone from Nintendo, Sony to From Software are delaying games. Should MS with their infinite war chest be held to a different standard?

Note to Sony gaf: No offense, but I can predict your posts just by looking at your name tags lol so let's just see what real fans of Xbox have to say first.

- Concerned? No because I will have several multi-platform games to play and as someone who owns both Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, if I get GOWR and/or TLOU Remake this year, I will consider that to be a bonus im not expecting. Disappointed? Yes. Absolutely. Deflated hype and excitement going into their showcase in June? Yes. The only real positive is that 2023 should be a stacked year for Microsoft and Xbox. (note: I could barely type this last part with a straight face because who the hell knows? Hell, even Microsoft doesn't know when their games are releasing)

- Current generation only games isn't that much of a big deal yet since everyone is still in the cross-gen phase for the most part. The only current generation game that I have played thus far was Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for PS5 last June but other than that, I haven't had any current generation only games. They've all been cross-gen so I can't really complain.

- My confidence right now is tempered to say the least. Every time, Microsoft seems to win me over which isn't all that hard to do they screw it up. It's almost comical at this point. And for the record, im not expecting Fable, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3 or Indiana Jones at the showcase. Will be shocked if they show any gameplay for any of them.

- I only believe that Microsoft should be held to a higher standard simply because at least for me personally, they have a lot to fucking prove and thus far, outside of giving me Halo Infinite which was my 2021 game of the year as the campaign won me over (don't give two shits about online multi-player), they haven't really given me anything of value thus far and it looks like im not getting anything of value until (hopefully) 2023.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I liked what they have done so far. Just hate the fact that Halo Infinite is an unoptimized mess on PC. Couldn't care less about the Starfield delay, I play games at my own pace. Don't need to play the latest and greatest right away. I'd rather wait until games are patched.

Last edited:

Gone

Banned
Consistency is key..

I believe there will be a click when everything will start to realese in a timely manner and that's and everything is going to be really good.

But as of now they're under delivering in those aspects.

Maybe Hellblade 2 this year with the guaranteed Forza Motorsport will make this year better.

Dane

I don't care, i was just surprised that BGS delayed a game since Oblivion, Redfall wasn't hopey on 2022.

The rest? Well, Microsoft bought most studios when they were finishing multiplatform games or in the case of Arkane and Tango, two PS5 exclusives, so I already expected this.

Batiman

Banned
Ya I’m a patient guy nowadays. Don’t wait for shit to play. I always have something good to play at any given time. Most people do nowadays. Gamepass keeps me busy plus whatever Sony and Nintendo releases.

Am I annoyed about Starfield? You bet.
Do I think it was handled poorly in that they announced the date, said they would make it, doubled down on it, and then pulled this? Yep.
However this is a mere Hump in the road. Make no bones about it, Xbox studios will be releasing that many first party games it won't be funny.
Cries of "well we haven't seen that yet" are reality defing.
Like, you have to be a pretty sort of stupid to think that all the studios MS own won't release their games. That at a point there will be games left and right. The only way you would stick to it is if you think it helps your war story

Nydius

<snip long list>
What was the point of writing that long list except to flex how much time you apparently have to game? All that list proves is that Game Pass is utterly reliant on 3rd party multiplatforms and Indies to provide any value, and that, right now, Game Pass is about the only thing Microsoft has going for it other than Smart Delivery and their Xbox All Access sales program.

Typing out that long list isn't the gotcha you think it is.

All of them because my console is my home console.
Xbox Support confirmed that even people with their Xbox systems set as their Home Xbox was having problems during the outage so stop with this nonsense. It wasn't something as simple as flipping a setting on the Xbox to fix. It was a system wide issue that exposed a major problem with Xbox's bullshit DRM.

....and a surprise Hellblade 2 would make it a little better
Would be nice but not holding my breath since it was listed as in "early development" phase back in December 21/January 22. It's at an earlier stage of development than Avowed, and that's likely a Q1/Q2 2023 release.

I don't think you need Gold if all you play are Gamepass games no?
I can't speak to PC because last I knew you never needed Gold on PC but on console if you only have console Game Pass, you can play the games but you can't play them online. You still need Gold for that. So Ultimate is pretty much the only option for console if you want the full functionality of Game Pass.

I can't speak to PC because last I knew you never needed Gold on PC but on console if you only have console Game Pass, you can play the games but you can't play them online. You still need Gold for that. So Ultimate is pretty much the only option for console if you want the full functionality of Game Pass.
That's really shitty. I assumed people chose Ultimate because it was cheaper combined not because you needed it even for Gamepass games. MS making the wrong call again, like they did with requiring Live Gold for F2P games for years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have found several hidden gems on Gamepass I would never have purchased for myself

That said outside of the last Forza I feel I am still waiting for that big Xbox exclusive banger

Top Bottom