• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

twilo99

Not sure about Samsung TVs but cloud has been working fine for me on xss and my PC .. I think it mainly depends on proximity to their servers

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Day 2 on Everspace 2. Must have just been grumpy and learning the game yesterday. Its definitely pretty cool. Getting a hang of the flight options and navigating the menus. Gotten to see some cooler space vistas and abandoned stations. I definitely see some similarities to Starfield now and some things they could learn from this game.

Story is pretty much incomprehensible still. And the music can be super cheesy at times.

Last edited:

Jesb

Any idea if the rest of gamepass eventually finds its way to GeForcenow? There’s a decent amount but a few games I wanna play not in there.

Schmick

Any idea if the rest of gamepass eventually finds its way to GeForcenow? There’s a decent amount but a few games I wanna play not in there.
None i'm afraid. I tend to check out the latest additions to GFN every thursday since thats when they add new games to the service. I'm still waiting for FS2020.

Jesb

None i'm afraid. I tend to check out the latest additions to GFN every thursday since thats when they add new games to the service. I'm still waiting for FS2020.
I don’t get why it’s not all on there. They keep talking about Xbox on every screen. But maybe that just means some of Xbox lol. But why does it matter if you’re paying. You should be getting it all if you have an ultimate subscription. But EA does the same.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Started up Return to Grace and got more interesting story in 10 min than my 30 hours in Persona 3 so far. Supposedly the game is just 2 hrs. Seems pretty interesting so far. Really cool premise.

Update: beat it in 1 sitting. Really enjoyed it. A solid 8 out of 10. Very minimal gameplay, pretty much all story. The writing and voice acting are pretty great. Shocking how you manage to develop an emotional connection in such a short period of time.

Never heard of this studio before so I looked them up. Looks like they made that blind RPG The Vale that was on Gold. Might have to play that soon.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Started up Return to Grace and got more interesting story in 10 min than my 30 hours in Persona 3 so far. Supposedly the game is just 2 hrs. Seems pretty interesting so far. Really cool premise.

Update: beat it in 1 sitting. Really enjoyed it. A solid 8 out of 10. Very minimal gameplay, pretty much all story. The writing and voice acting are pretty great. Shocking how you manage to develop an emotional connection in such a short period of time.

Never heard of this studio before so I looked them up. Looks like they made that blind RPG The Vale that was on Gold. Might have to play that soon.
Just started it and yeah, it’s unexpectedly interesting.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
GKB_4_GXsAA-OKt

Quasicat

I want to play Indiana Jones from that day one list, but realistically I really use Game Pass Ultimate for the cloud streaming on my Steam Deck. My family dynamic has changed so much lately that I cannot always have access to the TV or Xbox in the living room.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Played about 2 hours of Lego 2K Racing or whatever its called. It starts heavy on the tutorials and excessive dialogue but once you get to just drive around it's a pretty impressive game. Graphics are nice and tons of objects and vehicles are fully destructible into lego pieces. Your vehicle automatically switches when you get on different terrain between car (roads), ATV (off-road), boat (water) automatically and they handle a bit differently. You also get some Mario Kart style items to use. It plays out like a Forza Horizon game almost. Large open world maps with quests and races to pick from or drive to. I don't know if I'll stick with it but it's clearly well made, I just don't really like the Lego brand and some of the menus are a little too complex for an arcade racer and they drag down the pacing.

Also been playing Hotwheels 2 and honestly it's probably even better. It's not better graphically but the sense of speed is definitely more pronounced. Played about 10 races and specialty objectives and a boss. Even has some saturday morning cartoon style cutscenes. It's pretty good.

Good time to dabble in some arcade racing while playing other stuff.

adamsapple

My gamepass expires in 3 days, what is currently the best method for cheap game pass ultimate?

Absolute cheapest: MS Rewards (Free but if you're starting from scratch, it'll take some time to build up points)

Cheapest bulk conversion: Get 3 years of Gold / Core codes and convert them to GPU. You will get a 3 : 2 conversion (i-e 3 years Core will turn into 2 years Game Pass Ultimate).

Last edited:

Three

Absolute cheapest: MS Rewards (Free but if you're starting from scratch, it'll take some time to build up points)

Cheapest bulk conversion: Get 3 years of Gold / Core codes and convert them to GPU. You will get a 3 : 2 conversion (i-e 3 years Core will turn into 1 years Game Pass Ultimate).
That's 3:1 no? You mean 2 years?

Spyxos

Gold Member

Cheapest bulk conversion: Get 3 years of Gold / Core codes and convert them to GPU. You will get a 3 : 2 conversion (i-e 3 years Core will turn into 1 years Game Pass Ultimate).
Do you happen to have the link where you can convert them?

Last edited:

adamsapple

That's 3:1 no? You mean 2 years?

Yes, good catch. 3 years Core will turn into 2 years GPU, my mistake.

Do you happen to have the link where you can convert them?

You don't have to go to any specific page. Once your Core / Gold is loaded, just buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate (it's $1 if it's your first time) and it'll tell you that it's converting the rest of your Core stuff to Ultimate and how long that lasts.

On your console, get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in Store > Subscriptions. Online, go to Xbox Game Pass. Your purchase of Game Pass Ultimate will automatically convert any outstanding time on your subscriptions to Xbox Game Pass or EA Play into time for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion ratio, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion is final, and ratios are subject to change.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member

You don't have to go to any specific page. Once your Core / Gold is loaded, just buy 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate (it's $1 if it's your first time) and it'll tell you that it's converting the rest of your Core stuff to Ultimate and how long that lasts.
Is the maximum time still 3 years or 2?

adamsapple

Is the maximum time still 3 years or 2?

Max you can load up is 3 years in most of the world, they recently dropped it to 1 year but only in some countries like Brazil, Turkey etc where people were farming the cheap codes.

Last edited:

Three

MS might have quietly reduced it to 3:1 it seems:

That is kind of dumb that I get more time with Ultimate if I get 1 month of Core at a time instead of buying 6 months or 12 months straight up.
1 month core is 20 days of Ultimate --- 3/2 ratio

6 months (180 days roughly) of core is 81 days / 2+ months of ultimate --- 3/1.5 ratio

12 month of core is 4 months of ultimate --- 3/1 ratio
So you can't buy 3 years of core to convert at 3:2. If you buy more than a month to convert it means you only get 3:1 conversion which is kind of shit. I suspect they did this because the 1 month of core has no discount compared to buying yearly. Be careful how you do this Spyxos Spyxos and calculate the best method prior to buying anything.

Last edited:

adamsapple

MS might have quietly reduced it to 3:1 it seems:

So you can't buy 3 years of core to convert at 3:2. If you buy more than a month to convert it means you only get 3:1 conversion which is kind of shit. I suspect they did this because the 1 month of core has no discount compared to buying yearly. Be careful how you do this Spyxos Spyxos and calculate the best method prior to buying anything.

The conversion in that answer is something that happens if you have on-going GPU and use Core / Gold codes during that.

The 3 : 2 ratio is for when your GPU has lapsed (like Spyxos Spyxos 's is about to in 2 days).

It's better if he lets his current GPU lapse before doing the conversion, doing it right now will get him fewer days.

The full conversion tables are listed on this page:

Last edited:
Top Bottom