• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

FranXico

Well, remember they bought Bethesda to stop PlayStation owners from getting to play Starfield, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout ...

(Apparently)
Factually, since that is the end result, irrespective of whatever hollow rhetoric justifies the purchase.

I have a feeling if Sony bought a big third party publisher, nobody would be making excuses for them.

Last edited:
09TPnKS.jpg

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
While many talked about how does it affect the industry, people not buying games blah blah blah, in the end, it has no effect on the end user as it’s without a doubt one the best deals in gaming to the end-User.

except, what if One day, Microsoft decided to release an actual Gamepass exclusive, As an Non-Purchasable game whether on Xbox or Steam/PC where the Gamepass Subscription is Mandatory just to gain access to the game.

the worst part is, nobody can complain about it since it’s pretty much the standard in the streaming service, you Cannot buy some Netflix exclusive series on a DVD/BR or VOD simply to entice the customer to start subscribing to the service

worst yet, said GP exclusive could be an Xcloud timed-exclusive for several months to avoid Piracy (cloud streamed games are impossible to Pirate)

what do you think about it ? Do you believe Microsoft will open that can of worms ?
If the service continues to grow in popularity, then yes and it will likely be a tent pole franchise or release. Maybe even one of the ones that was announced within the last year.

Does it spell out the end of gaming as we know it? No.

Unless every platform decides to invest in these services today you aren't likely to see this change this decade.

SSfox

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

"To maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC"​

"We value PC gamers, and will continue to look at the right times to launch EACH game on PC"​

If you can't see the absolute obvious lie then idk.

"Each" has a different meaning than "every" so how that is an "absolute obvious lie"....idk.

Regardless, you previously claimed Hulst said "Horizon will be the only PlayStation exclusive that will come to PC". So why you think this quote backs up your previous post, I have no idea.

FrozenFlame

Need somewhere to rant so... I've been playing Atomicrops on PC for a couple of hours and I've managed to complete the first year + unlocked some stuff (character and upgrades). Was going to play a bit more today and I got some synchronization message from the XGP app. When it finally completed, my progress was all gone. It was like I was playing for the first time.
Now, I only had something like 6 hours of playtime and it's not like I was really into it (I honestly don't like the timers and while defending the crops, it's a visual mess, so I end up being hit unnecessarily), but it was something to pass time. And now, I really don't feel like going back and redoing everything from the start.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Flight Sim unlocks in half an hour. Soon to be followed by Hades and then Psychonauts 2. Banger after banger after banger. Wonder what September/October will bring whilst we await Halo and Forza.

Kagey K

Banned
Flight Sim unlocks in half an hour. Soon to be followed by Hades and then Psychonauts 2. Banger after banger after banger. Wonder what September/October will bring whilst we await Halo and Forza.
Oct has Back for Blood. Not sure about Sept.

DaGwaphics

Wish I had a capable laptop or PC for AOE. I’d love to play the recent remasters as well.

It doesn't take much to run the AOE remasters. I get good results on an aging i5-6600 and a 960. AOE4 will probably be out of the question though, hoping for Xbox support with K&M.

Roberts

Took a break from The Ascent to check out Omno. You can see passion these guys put into it and as a puzzler it is a totally fine game, but, man, it is badly optimised. huge FPS drops.

reksveks

Happy about Telling Lies, it's one of those games like Return of the Obra Jinn, where I know I would like/love it but can't find the reason to buy it. Hopefully I like it and then will buy Telling Lies and Her Story.

BigBooper

I'm not going to name the games because I don't want to spread negativity, but being able to play some of the critical darling type games just long enough for me to say "nah, not that good" is maybe the best thing about Gamepass to me. I didn't buy it, so I don't feel obligated to play it. I didn't waste my money, and I can drop it like a hot potato with no regrets.

Roberts

Single dev
Yeah, you are right. I saw another name (composer) and didn’t notice that the rest was done by one person. Anyway, don’t want to diminish the work he has done, but I feel it simply needs a little bit more optimisation and it will be a very cool indie game to play on a lazy day.

Kagey K

Banned
Vikings: Wolves of Midgard just showed up as 9nstallable and says it's a game with gold on my games and apps.

Strange.

Pantz

Want to recommend Star Renegades.
REtG1t6.jpg

It has really fun turn based, JRPG-like combat, with lots of strategy and planning for each turn. Unfortunately it is a rogue-lite, I thought it was going to be more like a full JRPG. Anyway it seems possible to beat a normal run on your first try if you have good strategy, so it's at least worth one normal completion. Not sure if I want to get into the harder stuff, it looks like things can get really complicated. I've been really hooked on it the last couple days.

Chukhopops

Really nice if you like indie games, wanted to try Starmancer and getting it day 1 is great. Curse of the Dead Gods is a weird choice to add in the same month as Hades.

Kagey K

Banned
It's been that way for a bit. I bought the physical game a couple months ago and I saw this game listed in GP so I was able to play it just by clicking it without the disc. And that was a few weeks ago.
I just noticed it this weekend. Was looking at it during the Ultimate sale as a Diablo like when I noticed it was "free"

Heads up FF7 and Darksiders: Genesis leaving on the 15th.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Learn about what's new, what's leaving, and what you should be playing on Game Pass. This your Game Pass digest for August 3, 2021.

Game Pass has a lot of games, and twice a month there's more coming, and some leaving. It can be a lot to keep track of, not to mention figuring out what to play from its massive library.

That's why we created the Game Pass Show. Join Kurt to learn what's new, what's leaving, and what you should consider playing. Over the next couple of weeks, Game Pass sees the arrival of Hades, Skate, Katamari Damacy Reroll, and more. Kurt also takes the time to elaborate on what she's been playing: Last Stop. Also, make sure to stick to the end for the pick of the week.

Urban

Hey guys!
Is there a browser only solution coming ? I have a x900h and would love to stream the games on the tv.
Since nearly all games come to GP it’s not worth for me to buy a XboxSx

Helghan

Hey guys!
Is there a browser only solution coming ? I have a x900h and would love to stream the games on the tv.
Browser only as in streaming? xCloud is available through Game Pass ultimate, but not all games are available. A lot are though.

elliot5

Hey guys!
There will likely be an Android TV app coming Soon (TM) that you can use to stream games.

Kagey K

Banned
Having Katamari and Lumines drop on the same day brought back fond memories of the past.

It’s nice to have little gems like these show up next to the more heavily advertised bigger games. That Dodgeball game looks kind of interesting too but I haven’t fired it up yet.

Wizz-Art

I have so much fun with the Dodgeball Academia game, anyone else paying? That's such a title I never would have tried if not for Game Pass.

Last edited:

Vasto

In an interview with GamesRadar, O'Driscoll enthused that the ability to access millions of players instantly at launch via Game Pass is "kind of mind blowing", and will mean that the game always benefits from a healthy player base.

"Yeah… day one, launching on Game Pass. That's going to be kind of crazy, right? We need a player pool, so that we've got matches going all the time. I think we've got that player pool from day one. I forget what the numbers are for Game Pass, but I think it's 20 million-plus users, right? They will have access to our game from day one, which is kind of mind blowing. I've never launched a game that's had that kind of accessibility from day one."

Banjo64

cumsessed
Playing through A Plague Tale for the first time on my Series S. I had read good things but put it off, it’s good. I know they want to stay independent but damn, Asobo are good. On Chapter 5 at the moment.

I think after this I might retry Hellblade in light of the upgrade. Then on to Hades and Psychonauts 2 :messenger_bicep::messenger_fistbump:

Roberts

While not exactly an endorsement, Raji is pretty ok game. Clearly a passion project, made in India and the story deals with their mythology. Platforming and puzzles are entry level stuff and fighting varies from inspired to kind of clunky, but it’s got mood to spare and is actually very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned
While not exactly an endorsement, Raja is pretty ok game. Clearly a passion project, made in India and the story deals with their mythology. Platforming and puzzles are entry level stuff and fighting varies from inspired to kind of clunky, but it’s got mood to spare and is actually very pretty.
I was actually very surprised how good they made this 2.5D game look. I’m not very far into it but it’s pretty chill so far.

reksveks

New game on gamepass, announced today as far as I can tell.

Kagey K

Banned

New game on gamepass, announced today as far as I can tell.
Sitting on the title screen, getting ready to start it now.

Edit: Lmfao they give you a 5 point achievement for starting the game.

Edit 2: Game is very strange. It's lots of talking and turn based card stuff. Very few animations and mostly played through menus.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Sitting on the title screen, getting ready to start it now.

Edit: Lmfao they give you a 5 point achievement for starting the game.

Edit 2: Game is very strange. It's lots of talking and turn based card stuff. Very few animations and mostly played through menus.
Sounds like it was added for gamepass streaming touch controls.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Last edited:
GP is so freaking awesome. Yesterday I was a bit bored of all the serious games I've been playing lately so I decided to download Dodgeball Academia and now I'm hooked. What a charming little game! It's a light rpg with a basic but fun story, with a big school to explore and plenty of things to discover. Plus throwing a ball at people's faces is fun. I would've never even heard of this game if not for Game Pass.

Last edited:

elliot5

GP is so freaking awesome. Yesterday I was a bit bored of all the serious games I've been playing lately so I decided to download Dodgeball Academia and now I'm hooked. What a charming little game! It's a light rpg with a basic but fun story, with a big school to explore and plenty of things to discover. Plus throwing a ball at people's faces is fun. I would've never even heard of this game if not for Game Pass.
It's also a small Brazilian studio so it's nice to get smaller regional devs some limelight

Top Bottom