• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
my point was the original one you quoted, less message on a message board is a good thing?

Less endlessly repeated shit on a message board? Yes. Across the board. Not just on this one subject. Quantity != quality.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
That should keep your Sony fans happy at least.

I honestly don't understand this logic. How does confining a games subscription service to one thread change anything? Bf6 is coming to Xbox and playstaion. Regardless of GP anyone who ones either console can get it. Cool.

Stuart360

I don't meant to be rude and I'm serious

If BF6 comes to gamepass why is this huge news? Ya its cool. For thos who have gamepass or those whoight want it great. Could it deserve a separate thread? I don't see it but to be discussed.

But point is this huge news? It's a game. Will be available to buy stand alone on steam Xbox and ps and is also available on gamepass. Ok.
Come on now. We get some right bollocks threads on this forum, that dont warrant it, but Battlefield 6 launching on Gamepass isnt 'big news'?. I mean look at the meltdowns over Outriders and MLB, Battlefield 6 is a way bigger story.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I love it. Tons of games for s small monthly fee, games covering every genre, budget, taste. Lots of indies coming out day one. Every MS game coming out day one and never leaving the service. Big AAA games coming out day one or after just a few months of release.

It has changed my buying habits. Now if there is a game I want I will simply wait for a sale, with so much content on gamepass no need to hurry. The fact that new games are 70-80€ in Europe, where I live, speaks for itself.

This post is awesome man. It's cool that you love it. Keep it up and preach the word for others and I hope you keep enjoying it. It is an awesome value provided you play a lot of games

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This thread is a bad idea, the word gamepass, it's new games, its relevance, the arguements all need to be in other threads.

So now let's say a big third party aaa title is announced and you can't put "is also on gamepass" in the title for fear of being banned, you can only bury it here in page 4,567? I for one am not excited about that.

This feels like a direct move to cater to die hard sony fans that don't want to hear about gamepass since they refuse to buy ms products.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is this where thou does battle upon thee digital field for thy pittance paid for almighty service?

What say you good sir, what saaaayyyy yoooouuuuu?!?!

cary elwes glove GIF

Last edited:

Stuart360

There are 2 Playstation Gamepass related threads on the front page right now. 4 if you include the 'moneyvball' and 'Playstation are not a service company' threads.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Less endlessly repeated shit on a message board? Yes. Across the board. Not just on this one subject. Quantity != quality.
New games on Game pass isn't repeated news, sure all the How would a Sony gamepass work or this could be a sony game pass bundle stuff can get annoying but its only tangentially related to the game pass topic.

If I see what big game hit game pass from Kotaku before I find it in some mega thread, what even the point of this board? What topic will be next?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I pretty much never check it because of the reasons mentioned. I just think this is a terrible idea. It’s combining like 50% of the talk on the front page in one single thread. Now I essentially have to go through x pages of heated unfocused discussions to see if anything cool is happening on Xbox instead of just check the thread titles on the front page.

Na. Let's discuss games. If a new game is coming out we have a thread for thst game in the thread wd motion it's coming to pc on steam, epic, gog, consoles on ps5, Xbox and day 1 on gamepass. Then we proceed to talk about the actual game and everyone knows what consoles and platforms it's coming out on.

If it's a HUGE deal that this game is on gamepass and you want to discuss that exact point, you discuss it in this thread.

Everyone wins.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
New games on Game pass isn't repeated news, sure all the How would a Sony gamepass work or this could be a sony game pass bundle stuff can get annoying but its only tangentially related to the game pass topic.

If I see what big game hit game pass from Kotaku before I find it in some mega thread, what even the point of this board? What topic will be next?

If you want to treat NeoGAF a news site, that's up to you; I don't come here if I want to know the headlines, if I happen to see one while I'm browsing, great, but that's not why I come to a forum.

That's the stuff I'm talking about though, the topics about the service, not necessarily games that are coming. I'm just happy about less overall threads in this place about the same thing.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Na. Let's discuss games. If a new game is coming out we have a thread for thst game in the thread wd motion it's coming to pc on steam, epic, gog, consoles on ps5, Xbox and day 1 on gamepass. Then we proceed to talk about the actual game and everyone knows what consoles and platforms it's coming out on.

If it's a HUGE deal that this game is on gamepass and you want to discuss that exact point, you discuss it in this thread.

Everyone wins.
So i assume the same will be happening when Sony releases their Gamepass equivelant (assuming the rumour is true)?.
Also what about my Sales Mega Thread idea?. Sales dont effect us, and are 90% console war. A dedicated Sales thread would cut out a lot of the warring.

Astral Dog

gonna be honest, i don't like how Microsoft is aggressively spending billions to mostly lock content out of other platforms

However, what i find very appealing about GamePass(even compared to other subscription services) is you get the option to not only purchase any game you like, but with a 20% discount, subscribers get to keep the games they like without paying monthly and thats pretty cool, gives them an option. Because other services outside of gamming only let you play music/movies as long as as you are active

So i assume the same will be happening when Sony releases their Gamepass equivelant (assuming the rumour is true)?.
Also what about my Sales Mega Thread idea?. Sales dont effect us, and are 90% console war. A dedicated Sales thread would cut out a lot of the warring.
Agreed. No more monthly sales threads, just dump them in a unified can and be done with it.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Everyone wins.
So we doing the same for PS Plus and PS Now then obviously? Consolidating them all in to one thread?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You don’t see why it’s huge news that people would get a £70 huge game like Battlefield included day one in your subscription service whilst others have to pay £70?

In that case why do we have new threads for PS Plus games every month? Just discuss the games? Why does it matter if FF is coming out on Plus? Non subscribers can still buy it at full price.

It's slightly different although it's a fair point. Ps plus games get announced monthly and we have a monthly thread for that. Gamepass gets 2 to 3 threads for every single game announcement

I hope you can see the difference. When the system matures and we don't have 3 threads about every single game coming to gamepass or even every rumored game coming to gamepass then we won't need this thread

n0body

Banned
You know a decision is catered to all the Sony die hards when they find the time to come in and congratulate the decision.

GAF clearly isn't the place to be for anyone who doesn't love and adore Sony.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Come on now. We get some right bollocks threads on this forum, that dont warrant it, but Battlefield 6 launching on Gamepass isnt 'big news'?. I mean look at the meltdowns over Outriders and MLB, Battlefield 6 is a way bigger story.

Depends i guess. Don't ask me my opinion on outsiders or MLB.

Guys gamepass is huge and will continue to get new games asap or day 1. Steam revolutionized pc gaming but we don't have a thread everytime a pc game is announced for steam. We are missing the forest for the trees. We just want to encourage games discussion not games delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's slightly different although it's a fair point. Ps plus games get announced monthly and we have a monthly thread for that. Gamepass gets 2 to 3 threads for every single game announcement

I hope you can see the difference. When the system matures and we don't have 3 threads about every single game coming to gamepass or even every rumored game coming to gamepass then we won't need this thread
I understand your point but you seem to be contradicting yourself because initially you said it’s not big news if something is coming to Game Pass, but now you seem to be saying it’s a matter of frequency.

Anyway, I won’t derail the thread further and I’m happy to adhere to the rules because I like posting on GAF.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
This thread is a bad idea, the word gamepass, it's new games, its relevance, the arguements all need to be in other threads.

So now let's say a big third party aaa title is announced and you can't put "is also on gamepass" in the title for fear of being banned, you can only bury it here in page 4,567? I for one am not excited about that.

This feels like a direct move to cater to die hard sony fans that don't want to hear about gamepass since they refuse to buy ms products.

No one said you can't put that a game is on gamepass in a thread title but thanks for making up rules for us.

If a title says

Game x released on 3/5/22 on steam, epic, ps5, Xbox amd gamepass

Totally OK.

If your POINT is to discuss the game coming to gamepass. That goes here

Reactions: MrS

Stuart360

Guys gamepass is huge and will continue to get new games asap or day 1. Steam revolutionized pc gaming but we don't have a thread everytime a pc game is announced for steam. We are missing the forest for the trees. We just want to encourage games discussion not games delivery
And my sales thread idea?. And what about one mega thread for Comparisons, as they are also 90% consoe warring?.

Anyway bookmarked this thread, and will reference it whenever we get multiple threads about another subject on here.

R6Rider

Gold Member
You know a decision is catered to all the Sony die hards when they find the time to come in and congratulate the decision.

GAF clearly isn't the place to be for anyone who doesn't love and adore Sony.
You're going to post this and at the same time ignore the plenty of other Xbox related topics?

Your avatar suits you.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Guess when PS Plus was getting major hits like Rocket League and Fallguys along with the many other huge scores over the years thats all thread worthy. MS has a few good weeks with Gamepass and we gotta shut that shit down!

Meme Line GIF

Kagey K

Banned

We don't?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to treat NeoGAF a news site, that's up to you; I don't come here if I want to know the headlines, if I happen to see one while I'm browsing, great, but that's not why I come to a forum.

That's the stuff I'm talking about though, the topics about the service, not necessarily games that are coming. I'm just happy about less overall threads in this place about the same thing.

You ever heard of GAF > Internet > GAF? Sure, activity may be down compared to the peak, but getting the latest news is still very much a part of this site.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
And my sales thread idea?. And what about one mega thread for Comparisons, as they are also 90% consoe warring?.

Anyway bookmarked this thread, and will reference it whenever we get multiple threads about another subject on here.

Both good points and for discussion but the fact Is we aren't saying that all topics on the same point go in coon threads. We are just talking about gamepass right now.

Last edited:

n0body

Banned
You're going to post this and at the same time ignore the plenty of other Xbox related topics?

Your avatar suits you.

Not ignoring other threads just because I don't agree with this decision and I'm currently giving an opinion about it here.

Your logic is flawed, but nice mature response of calling out a profile picture all the same.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not ignoring other threads just because I don't agree with this decision and I'm currently giving an opinion about it here.

Your logic is flawed, but nice mature response of calling out a profile picture all the same.
You claimed it's not a good place to discuss Xbox, while there's plenty of Xbox discussion on the first page right now. Now you're playing victim.

DJTHEGREY

Although I agree gamepass threads are numerous.... There have been a lot of gamepass news worth its own thread to talk about... In fact outside of game comparison threads (which should have it's on mega thread instead of 2+ per game release) and gamepass related stuff it's not much going on in the gaming world. This only limits what gamers can talk about and specifically only effecting xbox gamers....

sainraja

Justification for having a separate thread for BF6 being put on game pass shouldn't be the possible 'meltdowns' which is a symptom of console warring.

Last edited:

Arkam

I hate that it pollutes the gaming threads here (literally 5 on the first page right now). I get it that people like it and I understand games are always being added/removed. But for the love of god can we please make it a Community thread and just post updates there? Same for any service PS+/Now

Stuart360

Both good points and for discussion but the fact Is we aren't saying that all topics on the same point go in coon threads. We are just talking about gamepass right now.

I dont know man. Imagine being an 'enthusiast' Gaming forum, and only allowing one thread on one of the biggest, and most positive, gaming related services in recent years.

I'm sorry but it smells exactly what it is, and i dont think you are going to change anyones minds.

I think this is a strange move.

I understand that a certain element are probably complaining non-stop about the positive news, but as an example, why not consign all of PlayStation’s first party to a single thread? Same principle.

I also think it’s a shame that huge news like the MLB deal will be left as a footnote on random page 356 of this thread, instead of having its own dedicated thread.

Bizarre decision but I suppose suppressing and consolidating all of the good Xbox news in to as few a threads as possible will result in less crying from some members.

I did a quick tally the other day and there were 3 Game Pass threads of the first page and 9 or 10 wishing for a Sony equivalent, gloating about Outriders sales, crying about Jim Ryan or other such repetitive nonsense.
Why would that happen gamepass isn't a game it's a service same as psnow /ps+/xblgold those too can have dedicated threads .

Top Bottom