• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

bender

What time is it?
Well, 12 Minutes was a load of pretentious, silly twaddle. God bless you, GamePass!

Just finished it myself. While it is an interesting concept, replaying sections of an adventure/dialog game is the definition of tedium. It feels like a student project with the low budget animations and terrible voicework. The twist gave me a good old eye roll.

FunkMiller

Just finished it myself. While it is an interesting concept, replaying sections of an adventure/dialog game is the definition of tedium. It feels like a student project with the low budget animations and terrible voicework. The twist gave me a good old eye roll.

I know, right?

"I have to think of way to justify this time loop mechanic!"

"I know!
Sister fucking!'

I actually laughed out loud.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just noticed they added Quake, Quake II, and Quake III Arena to GP PC.
quake-game-pass.jpg

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Just noticed they added Quake, Quake II, and Quake III Arena to GP PC.
quake-game-pass.jpg
If I remember correctly I had a Pentium 60 which was reasonably powerful when Quake 1 came out and it didn't play that smooth unless I selected a low resolution. So I downloaded Quake 1 and 2 the other day on my shitty i5 6200u laptop and they both ran silky smooth with higher settings than my £1500 PC from 25 years ago. Made me smile.

s59b0Pl.jpg

My game pass expired on July 21, but for some reason, it still works for me (just played Forza Horizon 4, a game I don't own). I'm guessing it will be gone any day now, but worth trying for anyone that had theirs expire.

DaGwaphics

I really liked the concept. Not sure if the length matched up to the full retail pricing, but it made a great GP game. The devs will be hit in the gut with that comment on the voice acting after they went out and snagged James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley and Willem Dafoe. :messenger_beaming:

For some reason I kept thinking this would be the perfect style for a Quantum Leap game. Each level you jump into some random situation and don't know why you are there and what needs to be corrected to make the next leap. The looping would be completely out of cannon though.

Last edited:

Jemm

I doubted I would ever try Psychonauts 2, since I thought it was some psychedelic tripping game from the random screenshots I saw.

I'm glad I tried, since it's hard to stop playing, when you start. "Just a little bit further..."

Quality writing and execution. Shouldn't have doubted Tim Schafer.

Chukhopops

Crown Trick looks interesting based on the Steam reviews. Also I guess the rest of the Fabula Nova Crystalis trilogy will be added in the coming months.

reksveks

Crown Trick looks interesting based on the Steam reviews. Also I guess the rest of the Fabula Nova Crystalis trilogy will be added in the coming months.

Now I look back on it, think I might have ended up less upset with 13 over 15. No rush to play it again though.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Now I look back on it, think might have ended up less upset with 13 over 15. No rush to play it again though.
You should at least give it a look if you haven't played it since they did all the X enhancements. Game looks really good now.

Otherwise pretty quiet start to the month for me, but that's fine I'm trying to get through a bunch of stuff before Forza and Halo eat all my spare time.

catvonpee

Wow Ori 2 is sooo awesome. I was initially put off by the games' art design enough that I wasn't going to play it. But I am so glad I did. I just finished the dark level and now I am in this place full of water and that is crazy bright.
also I am glad it seems the little owl is not dead. I was so depressed about this earlier.

Edit I wish this team had the rights to make a proper Castlevania SOTN sequel. It would be absolutely incredible. Use the same engine and just make it Castlevania. 🥰

Last edited:
There are rumours of Tales of Arise reaching Game Pass. If that were to be true hope it's made public before I inevitably splurge for the game.

Kagey K

Banned
Spent the day playing Artful Escape off and on. Just 1000 pointed it.

Its not challenging at all, and I didn’t really care about the story much, but visually it’s one hell of a trip.

If you are looking for something nice and relaxing to just run through give it a go. Starts out pretty slow for the first half hour or so though.

reksveks

Its not challenging at all, and I didn’t really care about the story much, but visually it’s one hell of a trip.

If you are looking for something nice and relaxing to just run through give it a go. Starts out pretty slow for the first half hour or so though.
My plan this weekend. Two sessions of two hours each.

I might try it with hue sync

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

Been a delightful little game so far.

reksveks

A couple of PC bugs which is a bit sad cause its distracting for such a short experience.

That music is great (including the credits)
The art style and cinematography is great

Really enjoyed it.

b0uncyfr0

My GPU is ending today/tmr i thnk. Could someone confirm/deny these:

1 - Game pass and game pass LIVE both convert on a 1:1 rate when upgrading to Game pass ultimate. Why would i purchase gold over the regular version? Assuming the regular version comes with 12 months..

2 - Does it matter where i get the live (or non live) cards from? I set my country to Britain to get the ultimate $1 deal to work.

Case in point - Estonia(where i am) isn't in the EU, huh?

egbG6CN.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
Going to have to check out Ikenfell and Night in the Woods before they go. Kept meaning to try them out, but kept putting them off for other things.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's what's coming to Game Pass for the second half of September!

There's tons of great stuff coming the latter half of this month including the day one release of Sable, turn-based RPG Astria Ascending, stealth action game Aragami 2, and even the dark horse I Am Fish! It's fun, just trust me. We'll also be showing what's leaving Game Pass, including Ikenfell and Drake Hollow.

Chukhopops

How is it possible to NOT love the Artful Escape? I know it’s pretty much a walking simulator but it’s so beautiful and you can see a lot of soul was put into it. It’s very similar to Sayonara Wild Hearts which was also really good.

Top Bottom