• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Has Half Subscribers Of PlayStation Plus, Despite Its Offerings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm just waiting for Microsoft to merge Gamepass subsciptions into Windows, hundreds of millions of subs baby!

hqdefault.jpg
Throw in Office 365 as well.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Numbers? What are they? 🤔

Xbox Live Gold is now $99.96/year vs $59.99 PS+ Essential.

image.png

Source

Last edited:

cragarmi

image.png

Source

To be fair you have to add day 1 first party games to the Xbox side, when they eventually release them.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Where is the tweet showing how Game Pass and Live merged have what 50 million vs. PS Now's 3.2 million? Nice comparison OP.

Whats dumb about saying PS Plus is the more subscribed to service? That's just facts

It's like comparing Game Pass+Live vs. PS Now. That would be a fact too, just a dumb one.

A mandatory service if you want to play online vs. an optional one. Live vs. PS Now, let's see those numbers.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

image.png

Source

Wait wasn't Xbox Gold 60 dollarydoos a year? They announced they were doubling to 120 (after fat slobb said it was going away) and Xbox had to backtrack. How is it 100?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Wait wasn't Xbox Gold 60 dollarydoos a year? They announced they were doubling to 120 (after fat slobb said it was going away) and Xbox had to backtrack. How is it 100?

Stealth move and the media is quite about for obvious reasons. You can get $60/year hard copy cards until they are sold out then people will realize.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Microsoft's website store no longer sells the Xbox Live Gold 12 month subscriptions. Hasn't been available since they raised the price then backtracked.

Choices for xbox users are:
- buy the $60 for 12 month Gold offers at some retailer, but not from MS
or
- pay $100 / $120 per year for Xbox Live Gold subs from MS

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Microsoft's website store no longer sells the Xbox Live Gold 12 month subscriptions. Hasn't been available since they raised the price then backtracked.

Choices for xbox users are:
- buy the $60 for 12 month Gold offers at some retailer, but not from MS
or
- pay $100 / $120 per year for Xbox Live Gold subs from MS
I hope to fuck the $60 cards keep running

Corndog

Banned
Last edited:

MacReady13

Because comparing a game rental subscription service to services that are required for online play and cloud saves is the same...

Stop being purposely ignorant.
A service that gives you brand new games day and date STILL can't match a service that doesn't offer anywhere close to that! Gamepass is failing and it has Halo! That was the game we were all told would life Gamepass to great new heights yet here it is, languishing behind fucking Nintendo's completely half assed effort of a service!

Warablo

How much does Xbox Live gold have? Probably less than PS+ because of market leader but Game Pass isn't the comparable point right now. Until they make Game Pass required for online. Then we can compare them.

Don't know why it's hard for people to understand that Xbox Live gold and PS+ have so many subscribers because multiplayer is behind a paywall. It certainly isn't the "awesome" games they are giving out these days.

Last edited:

elliot5

How much does Xbox Live gold have? Probably less than PS+ because of market leader but Game Pass isn't the comparable point right now. Until they make Game Pass required for online. Then we can compare them.

Don't know why it's hard for people to understand that Xbox Live gold and PS+ have so many subscribers because multiplayer is behind a paywall. It certainly isn't the "awesome" games they are giving out these days.
Same with NSO with the added benefit that it costs peanuts for a year / family

DarkestHour

Banned
Crazy, thought we weren't allowed to do console warring but here we are doing it while trying to hide behind stupid articles.

kyliethicc

Someone joked a while ago that all they needed to do to eclipse gamepass in subscriber numbers was to merge now with PS+ and they actually went and did it.

We all knew it was coming.
Once Sony merges Plus + Now, and can be like "our service has 50 mil" ... it will lead to Microsoft merging Live into Game Pass to boost their numbers up from 25 mil. Both companies will end up with 1 service each that basically do the same stuff.

Soon shall come the corporate PR subs measuring contest.

Reactions: GHG

Hezekiah

Banned
Never realised Nintendo Online had that many subscribers, plus I'd heard their offering was fairly basic.

But they're doing well, as are Sony. Both platforms have the potential for further growth. With GamePass MS is going to need to condition all its subscribers to pay full price, plus I expect a price increase whenever CoD is added to it.

I've recently dropped my GamePass subscription - I've simply got so many games to play including Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, and older games to finish like Sekiro and Monster Hunter World.

I will add it back on later in the year for Guardians of the Galaxy, but that's the thing with games - they take so much longer to consume than other media. No point have a ton more games than you have time to play them.

reinking

Gold Member
It should be compared to golds numbers IMO. Unfortunately in the future when Sony tells us the numbers for Plus it will include all tiers. That’s going to make comparisons more difficult.
Of course it will make comparisons more difficult but both companies play theses games and both fan bases eat it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom