• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Has Half Subscribers Of PlayStation Plus, Despite Its Offerings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

So why is the bottom tier the one people might not want.

Throw PSNow as the bottom, online in the middle and streaming and retro on top.

Seems easy enough.
Because the most basic is online access with a couple of games per months. It costs the least to Sony so logically it’s the bottom no?

Kagey K

Banned
Because the most basic is online access with a couple of games per months. It costs the least to Sony so logically it’s the bottom no?
I'd say it costs them less to host those old games than to offer games on PS+ monthly.

When you look at the library that's there it can't be more than 3.50 or so.

750 games, most of which would have been giving away at the bottom of a cheezestrings box.

Last edited:

sol_bad

And yet another dumb comparison.
Comparing a online multiplayer service to a "rental" service is dumb. But come June and you can bet that Sony's comparable service will jump up in numbers massively.

What's the price difference between Plus tier 1 and 2? Something like $3 dollars or so? It's a no brainer.

reksveks

I don't know what is worse, if the inconsistency and lack of meaning of the comparison, the source of the same comparison (a well-known fanboy), or that someone saw fit and serious to open a thread with that base.....😪

One more example of how information can be misrepresented to create and expand an idea and emerge victorious in the attempt thanks to social networks...
Zuby blocked me cause I corrected his maths.

The number of unique subscribers is 48.8m
48m ps+ users
3.2m ps now users (75% of whom are already subbed to PS+ so 0.8m without plus)
Therefore 48.8m unique subscribers.

Kagey K

Banned
And yet another dumb comparison.
Comparing a online multiplayer service to a "rental" service is dumb. But come June and you can bet that Sony's comparable service will jump up in numbers massively.

What's the price difference between Plus tier 1 and 2? Something like $3 dollars or so? It's a no brainer.
It nearly doubles in price.

Goes from 60/year to 119.

That's a hefty jump to write off as a few bucks per month.

Kagey K

Banned
Zuby blocked me cause I corrected his maths.

The number of unique subscribers is 48.8m
48m ps+ users
3.2m ps now users (75% of whom are already subbed to PS+ so 0.8m without plus)
Therefore 48.8m unique subscribers.
They don't like facts on Twitter,

Only presumed outcomes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They don't like facts on Twitter,

Only presumed outcomes.

Frankly I'm more surprised Dualshockers, which is otherwise a relatively decent site, allowed a contributor to post this article and cite that twitter account as the source of all places.

REDRZA MWS

Dumbest thread ever. You need ps+ to play online Mp games. You don’t need Gamepass for that, only XBL Gold. Gamepass is a game service. pS+ is basically online mp and a few old free games a month. It’s apples and oranges.

Kagey K

Banned
Frankly I'm more surprised Dualshockers, which is otherwise a relatively decent site, allowed a contributor to post this article and cite that twitter account as the source of all places.
I'd cite that to no news lately and they need the clicks.

As each day goes on thier attempt at stories will get more desperate.

I felt that about Gaf the last couple weeks where every post was VGC.

People want to be incited and riled up, there's just nothing to get behind right now.

Dumbest thread ever. You need ps+ to play online Mp games. You don’t need Gamepass for that, only XBL Gold. Gamepass is a game service. pS+ is basically online mp and a few old free games a month. It’s apples and oranges.

Pssst… they’re both game services

tori amos confession GIF

Kagey K

Banned
"Sony is one-tenth the size of Microsoft, in spite of Playstation's success."

That's how this topic reads. As an absurdity.
That teewt has probably already been wrote.

Maybe we should make a thread about it.

Despite what they offer "Ferrari" only has 3% of cars on the road.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Won’t stop headlines like this triggering you over and over. Doesn’t matter that you can read or not.

Your right, because they are dumb.
This just in, made up bs spin, bla, bla bla, bla bla bla repeat, recycle.

Swift_Star

Banned
Easy:
Much higher installbase on Sony. (Not counting PC)
100+Million PS4 & 15 Million PS5
vs
60+Million Xbox Ones & 10+Millionen Xbox Series
I don't know if these numbers are correct, but there are much more Gamers on Sony consoles than on MS consoles.
Additionaly it makes only sense to compare PS+ with XBL Gold
and PS Now with Gamepass
Gamepass is also on pc.
Jesus fuck the Sony guys are desperate for a W, this is dumb as hell to anybody with a brain
Nobody is desperate.

They are different.

Unless you think all men are penises and it doesn't matter which one gets your girl

There are obvious differences, whether you like to belive it or not.

But since they are both peni it won't matter to her.

It doesnt matter if they are different, they are both game services

Nintendo and playstation are different, they are still game consoles

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
It doesnt matter if they are different, they are both game services

Nintendo and playstation are different, they are still game consoles
This is probably the only time you try to compare them as equals.

As you have listed out the differences in the past.

So which is it?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They are not equal but they are both game services,

So, you agree then that PS+ and Game Pass are both game services but not on equal footing ergo not comparable ?

Makes sense, I wouldn't compare Apple Arcade to GP or PS+ even though that's also a games service.

So, you agree then that PS+ and Game Pass are both game services but not on equal footing ergo not comparable ?

Makes sense, I wouldn't compare Apple Arcade to GP or PS+ even though that's also a games service.
They are comparable, and they aren’t equal, they both have pro’s and cons but they are both game services that do a lot of the same stuff. So they are are gonna be compared.

I personally find playstation premium to be the better value.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They are comparable, and they aren’t equal, they both have pro’s and cons but they are both game services that do a lot of the same stuff. So they are are gonna be compared.

I personally find playstation premium to be the better value.

Even without knowing what games are on the service? of course you do but we all know that's simply down to what platform owner offers the service.

These services will never be seen with an unbiased eye when looked at by fans of the respective platforms.

Last edited:

Fredrik

No doubt, this will be used officially.

Same as:
Silver and Gold Xbox Live numbers
Playstation Family numbers
Xbox Series numbers
PC and console Gamepass numbers
Steam, MS Store, Gamepass player numbers

And now:
PS+ and PS Now numbers

It’s all PR. Not worth getting triggered.

Use the merge to your advantage instead, there was a thread awhile back where you could get the new PS+ Premium (PS+ and PS Now) by subbing to PS Now at $5/month. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom