• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Increase Your Backlog Inside

JLB

Banned
YOU are one of the worst games of this generation you bastard!

jk. Not a game for everyone, truly worth it for those that don't mind the slow gameplay but enjoy a good story.

my biggest issue with the game was the story, actually. Maybe I dont get it, but at the end I felt that the game didnt answer the reason of the fate of the family members.

Kagey K

Banned
my biggest issue with the game was the story, actually. Maybe I dont get it, but at the end I felt that the game didnt answer the reason of the fate of the family members.
I didn’t mind it, but one of the worst parts happens close to the beginning.

If you get past it the rest of the game is smooth sailing.

FrozenFlame

I don't think you're supposed to know that, if you're superstitious you will assume that it's a family curse, otherwise, well, it just terrible events that... just happened to a family, no reason behind.
For me, it was all about each individual story (including the protagonist), how it's told and how the "feels" hit you like a train (heh). There was two or that felt bland (the actress and the painter) but the rest was just heartbreaking. The one of the guy that worked at the cannery, Jesus Christ, that one is the definition of depression. The ending was the toughest part because after revealing what happened to her family members (and how sad their demise was), you're hoping that she breaks the "curse". It's even more sad when it's revealed that it's her kid that is reading her diary.

Obligatory gif:

e97af45b04b8d2ba6ae2f6869dc2492b.gif

CeeJay

What Remains of Edith Finch is one of the worst games I've played this generation hah
Firmly in the "walking simulator" genre which immediately turns a lot of people off but for me it was easily the best of its type that I have "played" and had me hooked until the end.

For me it easily tops anything that Telltale games put out and other highly rated games in the genre such as Tell Me Why and Life is Strange. In fact its the only walking sim that I have actually made it to the end of. It is quite short though (a few hours if i remember rightly) which helped.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Firmly in the "walking simulator" genre which immediately turns a lot of people off but for me it was easily the best of its type that I have "played" and had me hooked until the end.

For me it easily tops anything that Telltale games put out and other highly rated games in the genre such as Tell Me Why and Life is Strange. In fact its the only walking sim that I have actually made it to the end of. It is quite short though (a few hours if i remember rightly) which helped.

I am a fan of the walking simulator genre myself and found WROEF to be good as well. I tend to like shorter ones that get the story told and isnt elongated for the sake of getting the playtime clock up. Its not my favorite in the genre but I liked it.

FrozenFlame

Oh, ok. It didn't bother me but yeah, the gameplay was somewhat janky and the whole thing was weird but for a good reason considering what happened to her.
It is quite short though (a few hours if i remember rightly) which helped.
Yeah, this is a good point. I can understand why devs do it (people don't want to purchase short games or if they do, they might use the Steam refund system) but when these type of games keep dragging on and on it's the worst. I hate they make a long walking section from point A to point B with no reason at all to exist other than increase the play time.

JLB

Banned
Cool, was going to buy Desperados III a time ago. Looks like a really nice Commandos game on the far west.

FrozenFlame

Anyone else having an issue with XGP PC where you cannot download recent added games but you can for older titles? I'm getting the ERROR 0x00000001, already tried the solutions that I found on google but nothing has worked so far. I find it weird that only happens to the games added this month...

Top Bottom