• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass is Giving Marvel's Avengers A Serious Boost

Keep getting an INSTALLATION STOPPED message every time I try and download it on my Series X, and others on Twitter are complaining of the same issue. Weirdly though, Xbox are not responding or acknowledging it.
Man even the internet doesn't want you playing this game. It's really cheap online just get a disc copy. You shouldn't have issues installing from disc.

How can a person take a shit so fast. I take 20 minutes minimum
u7AZwnN.jpg

Chukhopops

Imagine having access to 450+ games on GP including tons of Day 1 releases, only to play Marvels Avengers.

That’s really shameful.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think people are missing the point, it's not relevant if the game is good or bad. It's the impact Gamepass has on your game, this bodes well for the future of the service.
It's not an impact if people launch it for 30 min and drop it.

anthony2690

Banned
It was on PSnow for months and it just left to go to gamepass and now it's a hit? 😂

James Franco GIF

Funny seeing these reactions.
It's the 14th most played game in the UK on Xbox currently, it wasn't even in the top 50 prior.

Curious how it is doing in regions like the USA where super heroes are more popular.

& No idea why you're bringing playstation up though...

ZywyPL

Banned
The question is how many people will continue to play it after a while. Outriders also started great thanks to GP but due to state of the game at launch they flew away really fast, and the exact same thing can happen here knowing how the game is. Time will tell.

Vaelka

Why do the characters look like they've been poorly photoshopped in individually into an out of place background in that pic lol?
It looks so cheap and unflattering.

Last edited:

yazenov

Calling it a massive hit is a stretch as nobody has the numbers and MS doesn't disclose anything. Number 2 or 3 on Xbox most popular list is meaningless. Such a misleading article.

I think people are missing the point, it's not relevant if the game is good or bad. It's the impact Gamepass has on your game, this bodes well for the future of the service.

How's Psychonauts 2 doing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Calling it a massive hit is a stretch as nobody has the numbers and MS doesn't disclose anything. Number 2 on Xbox is meaningless. Such a misleading article.

Hows Psychonauts 2 doing :messenger_tears_of_joy:
?

I think it was high eighties on Metacritic if that helps you.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Why do the characters look like they've been poorly photoshopped in individually into an out of place background in that pic lol?
It looks so cheap and unflattering.

Because they probably were? You don't think someone hand drew that entire scene (especially for a game that is continuously adding/refiningcharacters).

The question is how many people will continue to play it after a while. Outriders also started great thanks to GP but due to state of the game at launch they flew away really fast, and the exact same thing can happen here knowing how the game is. Time will tell.

OUTRIDERS had a definite beginning and end. I put 100 hours or so into that game and saw everything I needed to, including the endgame, within a month or so.

When people actually play the game, they might find out it's nowhere near as bad has its made out to be

It isn't. The game is a victim of wearing its GaaS on it's sleeve. . .which doesn't seem to affect some games as negatively as it did Marvel's Avengers. Most GaaS games don't put in a tenth of the work on the campaign that MA tried to (all while knowing they were producing a largely GaaS game).

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Good for Gamepass, Good for Marvel/Disney I suppose.

I haven't downloaded it yet. My buddy is a youtuber who streams this game often. I'm a mod for the channel and honestly, I can't stand the game. his fans love it though.

I may give it a shot, if it's only to play on stream with him from time to time.

Top Bottom