• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Second Half Games for April 2022

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Worst month for me so far.

This Sucks Episode 2 GIF by The Office

What Is Wrong With You Season 4 GIF by The Office

All I see is straight fire.

Orbital2060

Tunic is in the runnings for top games of 2022 for me so I'm more than happy with that, I'll remember it for years. Incredible game imo.
Yeah its awesome. And its the first game that Ive played entirely on cloud on my phone and its worked out really really well. I was expecting issues with the combat but its been super smooth, boss fights and combat feel great.

Wasnt there something about being able to play your own games over cloud? Or is that only at home? Im dying to play some Elden Ring on the go.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I need to get through Sniper Elite 4 before the sequel.

I don't think these games really have much of a connecting story tissue between games (not that I've ever noticed any lol) so at this point I'd just wait so you don't feel over saturated in similar content.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Again garbage, they clearly blew their load with GOTG and Total war. Why would you not just allow a game to be on all the gamepass versions. I would consider playing F1 but it's only on console and cloud...
Yeah its an ass month but regarding F1, that is down to EA and the fact they want to sell a premium subscription on PC.

Every 2 weeks I read some stupid things like....
-Worst Month ever
-Medicore Games
-Indi Pass
-shovelware

WTF is wrong with those Guys🤷‍♂️
You paying 14,99 for A month and get Games for more than over 100 dollars every Month.
Sure not every Month is for everyone but that's the time you can play you Backlog or cancel your subscription.
It's so Easy to do but some people must hate everything🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Tough crowd.
You guys seriously have everything played that you want to play on Gamepass already? I look at it as a long list of stuff that I don't have time for the way it is.

I can understand that view point, but I’m not going to NOT say that I think a drop is poor simply due to good games from past drops. I think it’s good to give credit when it’s due for great announcements and then a thumbs down when underwhelming. Because otherwise, what is there even to talk about in these threads?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don't think these games really have much of a connecting story tissue between games (not that I've ever noticed any lol) so at this point I'd just wait so you don't feel over saturated in similar content.
Yeah I've completed them all.

The only real connection is they are all related to WW II and that

you always kill Hitler in every one of them.

Jaybe

Such a bad month, they had to announce Assassin’s Creed Origns 2 months early 😂
I’m still looking forward to it though, as long as it comes with a nice 60fps patch. It’s the only one of the new ACa that interests me as I hear Odyssey and Valhalla are super bloated.

Relique

Tough crowd.
You guys seriously have everything played that you want to play on Gamepass already? I look at it as a long list of stuff that I don't have time for the way it is.
Don't underestimate how much time many people have to game. I know people with over a thousand hours in a 2 month old GAAS game (Lost Ark). If you stay on top of new releases that you are interested in, a back-catalog of games isn't going to really do much for you. I game maybe 20 hours a week at most and even someone like me only found about 5 old games from Gamepass that I was interested in but hadn't played yet.

I want more Paw Patrol games on GPU.
It sounds like you jest, but I have friends with very young children. It's nice to have something to keep their attentions held when they come over.

Nobody wants to deal with bored children, especially little 5 year old hellions that will make their own fun with my easily breakable shit.

Last edited:
Yeah its awesome. And its the first game that Ive played entirely on cloud on my phone and its worked out really really well. I was expecting issues with the combat but its been super smooth, boss fights and combat feel great.

Wasnt there something about being able to play your own games over cloud? Or is that only at home? Im dying to play some Elden Ring on the go.
I think you can stream from your own Xbox to the app, but unless it's over a good local Wi-Fi I really don't think it would be a good experience out and about, if that's even possible.

I definitely remember ACG saying something when he was on Defining Duke about playing modded Skyrim in bed with one of those Switch-style phone controllers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
-Worst Month ever
-Medicore Games
-Indi Pass
-shovelware

You paying 14,99 for A month and get Games for more than over 100 dollars every Month.
Sure not every Month is for everyone but that's the time you can play you Backlog or cancel your subscription.
I bet many of these people pay $100/mth for a cable tv package with 100 channels and barely watch it.

adamsapple

-Worst Month ever
-Medicore Games
-Indi Pass
-shovelware

Just a lot of Concern ™

Folks forget so quick that we had Life is Strange and a day 1 MLB The Show less than 2 weeks ago, along with other understated bangers like Lost in Random etc. (and motherfuckin' Cricket '22).

Otre

Banned
Man, what a shitty month. MLB, Life(time movie) is strange, Bugsnax are mediocre. Hope Norco and... Norco? is good. Not every month should be a winner. Still plenty of stuff in the backlog.

Last edited:

Davevil

-Worst Month ever
-Medicore Games
-Indi Pass
-shovelware

reality hurts?

dcmk7

Banned
-Worst Month ever
-Medicore Games
-Indi Pass
-shovelware

Playing devils advocate here, they are just expressing their opinion on the games that are being added. I don't see the harm personally or why that's stupid, it's just their own individual take on a public forum.

The same thing happens with PS+ and games with gold threads.

Like you said, the offerings can't satisfy everyone all the time.

SEGA_2012

It sounds like you jest, but I have friends with very young children. It's nice to have something to keep their attentions held when they come over.

Nobody wants to deal with bored children, especially little 5 year old hellions that will make their own fun with my easily breakable shit.

I am not joking, i love dogs, i really want more Paw Patrol games on GPU.

DaGwaphics

Alright, looks like there's a solid Ubi + Game Pass rapport starting to be built.

Hopefully AC Origins release coincides with the 60 FPS patch.

Amazing news. The more studios onboard the better.

April was another solid month overall with MLB, F1, LISTC, etc. Quite a bit of variety this month.

Last edited:
Seven Days to Die, the awesome game that you and your friends take all sorts of time to build an awesome hideout,only to have it disappear via game breaking glitch that lazy devs refused to fix.

One of the weirdest games I've ever played. Its like Blood Omen + Shadow of the Beast (GEN) + Shinobi (PS2).

One of the ugliest games I've ever seen. But I kinda love it lol.

adamsapple

When is Fifa 22 coming i heard it drop already but i check my gamepass and don't see it

Probably first drop of next month, the xbox.com page already has the EA play mentions on it, and it's been announced for PS+ as well. So makes sense it should go live on GP at the same time.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Big new releases seem few and far between these days, but there’s still plenty to play, especially if you’ve got Xbox Game Pass. Here are 8 games to check out if you’re subscribed to Microsoft's service.

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's gaming subscription service, is often referred to as the best deal in gaming, and for good reason. Each month, multiple games are added to its rotating catalogue of titles, a mix of first-party Xbox games, indies, and other huge games. If you have Game Pass Ultimate, you get EA Play thrown in as well, meaning you can replay the Mass Effect franchise to your heart's content.

If you're looking for something new to play, or just feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of games available, then have no fear, in this video, we're going to tell you the best games to play on Xbox Game Pass. There's something for everyone, from wholesome games like Life is Strange: True Colors and Bugsnax, to more intense titles like 7 Days To Die.

Each month, GameSpot highlights the best games on Xbox Game Pass, so make sure you subscribe to get the best recommendations.

Top Bottom