• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Titles for Mid February 2022

Just because Microsoft often adds games, and big ones, to Game Pass, doesn't necessarily mean we need a big amazing addition to Game Pass each and every month. It isn't like all the games added and available on Game Pass lose their usefulness or fun factor after a month after all.

kingfey

Banned
Just because Microsoft often adds games, and big ones, to Game Pass, doesn't necessarily mean we need a big amazing addition to Game Pass each and every month. It isn't like all the games added and available on Game Pass lose their usefulness or fun factor after a month after all.
They have to.
If they keep doing this shit, people will leave the service.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Oh no fren, unless they add six AAA games and at least one company acquisition based announcement, Game Pass is doomed.

Well at least according to some posts in this topic.

Just because Microsoft often adds games, and big ones, to Game Pass, doesn't necessarily mean we need a big amazing addition to Game Pass each and every month. It isn't like all the games added and available on Game Pass lose their usefulness or fun factor after a month
Games leave every month. We should be comparing what they're adding with what they're taking away.

Unk Adams

Banned
The censored version of Mass Effect, some rehashed sports games, another "quirky" shovelware simulator and some old crap not even worth mentioning.

I wouldn't even bother announcing this stuff. Best to just release is quietly.

Nyxir

zr9Ruu8.png

Rumor has it that it might come soon enough.
As much as I would like this game to hit game pass, I read somewhere that what this is actually saying is something along the line of: cloud streaming available with game pass ultimate.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
As much as I would like this game to hit game pass, I read somewhere that what this is actually saying is something along the line of: cloud streaming available with game pass ultimate.

But doesn't a game need to be available on game pass in the first place to get streamed?

I don't think there's any games available as stream only.

DaGwaphics

Madden alone makes this a bigger month than pretty much anything else to the majority of gamers in the US.

I will be installing that first thing. The primary reason I used to subscribe to EA Play anyway.

Mass Effect on cloud is pretty huge too, I can see an RPG being something that you might want to jump into for a bit when you are away from your console/primary PC.

DaGwaphics

But doesn't a game need to be available on game pass in the first place to get streamed?

I'm hoping they start to make some of your purchased games available on there for users with a GPU subscription. Cyberpunk is onboard with GeForce Now so I can see them allowing that. Seems like a necessity if they are going to launch a streaming box/stick.

Last edited:

Nyxir

I was under the assumption that you can use xcloud with any game you own. But from a quick googling you can only use it on games from the game pass library.
There is hope after all :D

adamsapple

Pathetic year so far. Nothing on the horizon either which is baffling

Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elex 2, Shadow Warrior 3, FF Origins. Pretty good lineup of games to start the year with and you don't offer any of these? Come on Phil

I mean that's patently untrue ... but ok .. you do you I guess.

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC) – January 6
  • Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console and PC) – January 6
  • Spelunky (Console and PC) – January 13
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console and PC) – January 18
  • Hitman Trilogy (Console and PC) – January 20

These are just some of the notable games that came out in January, not even the full list. Sure, games like Rainbow Six didn't become critical darlings, but it's a popular franchise getting a day 1 release.

February is the only month that's been slow so far in a long while but one buffer month is well deserved after January and the Q4 2021 bangers.

Last edited:
I mean that's patently untrue ... but ok .. you do you I guess.

• Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC) – January 6
  • Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console and PC) – January 6
  • Spelunky (Console and PC) – January 13
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console and PC) – January 18
  • Hitman Trilogy (Console and PC) – January 20

These are just some of the notable games that came out in January, not even the full list. Sure, games like Rainbow Six didn't become critical darlings, but it's a popular franchise getting a day 1 release.

February is the only month that's been slow so far in a long while but one buffer month is well deserved after January and the Q4 2021 bangers.

I don't sub to gamepass for old games

adamsapple

No it was shit

But January was a shit month in general so I can't be hard on them for that

No excuse for February though.

Shit for thee, not for me.

Feb is legit disappointing but again I can easily forgive one bad month in between.

Last edited:
Sounds like not a great service for you then. 🤷‍♂️

I mainly expect AAA day ones to be MS first-party with occasional third-party releases when it makes sense. The indie games and older AAA titles are just as important to the service, IMO.

Not a great service for most people then since that's where the majority of growth comes from. Like with any sub-service

Service seems to be growing just fine as it is, plenty to play on there. Hitman and Mass Effect were great editions, I see a ton of positive tweets about those being added.

Thanks to big day one releases

They're not doubling or tripling their subscriber base because of these old additions.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Thanks to big day one releases

They're not doubling or tripling their subscriber base because of these old additions.

How many AAA releases did they have day one last year? My money is on them beating that figure this year, easily. Doesn't take away from the fact that people do play and enjoy the older titles that get added, a good game is a good game. Even years after release.

ckaneo

Pathetic year so far. Nothing on the horizon either which is baffling

Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elex 2, Shadow Warrior 3, FF Origins. Pretty good lineup of games to start the year with and you don't offer any of these? Come on Phil
What the hell. You have a severe misunderstanding of what gamepass is and what will be offered in the future

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Man, if cyberpunk comes to gamepass I'm gonna be mad and I swear I will never buy a game again (only fromsoftware's)
Never buy based on future promises is what cyberpunk taught me. I preordered because I saw a decent price for it, have been waiting for the next gen update ever since. Meanwhile, it's half price today and maybe free on gamepass later.

Never preorder!

(I have preordered Elden Ring - 😳)

How many AAA releases did they have day one last year? My money is on them beating that figure this year, easily. Doesn't take away from the fact that people do play and enjoy the older titles that get added, a good game is a good game. Even years after release.

Halo Infinite, Forza, Pschoauts 2, Outriders, Flight Sim off the top of my head

They'll beat it with day one releases. No shit like this. I don't care what people enjoy man. Don't know what you're trying to convince me of here.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Halo Infinite, Forza, Pschoauts 2, Outsiders, Flight Sim off the top of my head

They'll beat it with day one releases. No shit like this. I don't care what people enjoy man. Don't know what you're trying to convince me of here.

Forgot MLB the show, and Back4Blood. MLB the show was huge on gamepass and its going to be huge this year too.

What the hell. You have a severe misunderstanding of what gamepass is and what will be offered in the future

I expect new releases like with any sub-service I bother to sub to. If it's not there then the service will lapse

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I seem to give a shit what you think gamepass is.

ckaneo

I expect new releases like with any sub-service I bother to sub to. If it's not there then the service will lapse

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I seem to give a shit what you think gamepass is.
I mean

A) Buying Gamepass by the month is stupid consider how cheap yearly conversions are.

B) New releases for Xbox Studio games. The idea that you will just get every new game released on xbox is stupid and would kill the game industry

Last edited:
I mean

A) Buying Gamepass by the month is stupid consider how cheap yearly conversions are.

B) New releases for Xbox Studio games. The idea that you will just get every new game released on xbox is stupid and would kill the game industry

Lol I'm not wasting money converting game pass if it doesn't get used for months on end.

if they don't offer compelling content to keep me and others like me subbed then that's their problem not mine.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Service seems to be growing just fine as it is, plenty to play on there. Hitman and Mass Effect were great editions, I see a ton of positive tweets about those being added.
Day1 3rd party games is what makes the service go up.

1st party games are not really that big. The appeal of gamepass is those 3rd party games, which you can play on the service. As Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping stated, you need to those day1 3rd party games to keep those people in.

I wouldnt have subscribed to gamepass, if it was mainly 1st party games.

ckaneo

Lol I'm not wasting money converting game pass if it doesn't get used for months on end.

if they don't offer compelling content to keep me and others like me subbed then that's their problem not mine.
No way, paying by the month is stupid. I literally got 3 years of gamepass ultimate for 90$. Thats 30 per year. I did an extra step and used foreign xbox gold cards to be fair but xbox gold cards are on sale all the time.

Conversion only cost .99 cents. Maybe 15 if you have converted before and want to use the same account, or you can just make a new one.

You should look into it. If I was paying 15 a month I'd be pissed too

Last edited:
No way, paying by the month is stupid. I literally got 3 years of gamepass ultimate for 90$. Thats 30 per year. I did an extra step and used foreign xbox gold cards to be fair but xbox gold cards are on sale all the time.

Conversion only cost .99 cents. Maybe 15 if you have converted before and want to use the same account, or you cant just make a new one.

You should look into it. If I was paying 15 a month I'd be pissed too

I already know about conversion. Waste of money when I'm not subbed to game pass for the majority of the year

Last edited:

ckaneo

Day1 3rd party games is what makes the service go up.

1st party games are not really that big. The appeal of gamepass is those 3rd party games, which you can play on the service. As Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping stated, you need to those day1 3rd party games to keep those people in.

I wouldnt have subscribed to gamepass, if it was mainly 1st party games.
See my post above

adamsapple

Halo Infinite, Forza, Pschoauts 2, Outsiders, Flight Sim off the top of my head

Windjammers 2, Rainbow Six Extraction, Danganronpa (On Xbox at least), Crossfire, Edge of Eternity, Total War: Warhammer 3

These are all day 1 releases and we're only in February right now.

You're just asking for an avatar quote lol

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
You need to pay $180 for those 3 year. You need to be fresh of gamepass on your account, to have that converson. Majority of gamers cant do that. Since spending $180 at once is alot of money. Only rich gamers can afford that.

No one will sub to your service, if you just do your 1st party games as day1.
Also, day1 3rd party wont kill the industry. There are other stuff, they need to worry about it 1st. If a game is a hit, and not cyberpunk2077 type of launch game. The game is good. More audience.
What MS is giving these developers is payment first, then put their games on the service. You also have other platforms, which you can make money from. The game has 1 year contract, so you can make money. Its like timed exclusive deals.

Windjammers 2, Rainbow Six Extraction, Danganronpa (On Xbox at least), Crossfire, Edge of Eternity, Total War: Warhammer 3

These are all day 1 releases and we're only in February right now.

You're just asking for an avatar quote lol

They were a lot of day one gamepass games that were trash like most of those last year as well

ckaneo

I already know about conversion. Waste of money when I'm not subbed to game pass for the majority of the year

Only reason to not convert is if you are subscriber 1 one month out of the year for one game. Might as well just buy the games at that point.

The conversion is the reason Microsoft has kept the price point at what its at and will keep it there. Silly to not take advantage

Top Bottom