• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass Titles for Mid February 2022

Nah, it's 3 years at a time. You can still convert if you did it years ago.

At this point are arguments are circular, but I just want say to reading else reading this, aint no reason to be paying 15 a month for gamepass unless you like donating money to microsoft. Shit i think there are even digital codes that give you longer time then that if you want a trial

No the 36 months is a hard cap. Can't go beyond that

Not like i'm actually spending any money anyway either as I just get it all through MS rewards

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The service has already been out for 4 or 5 years. It's a temporary solution. Pretty sure I already wasted like 2 years of that as well already back when I used to have a gold sub lol

Can, my man, you're just doing your best to find issues with the service now lol.

You can get 3 years GP for $100~ or so. Even if you don't like every game in a month, just the other day 1 releases and first party stuff only alone is more than enough to make up that amount multiple times over, is that not a good value for money ?

Great marketing, considering the hype that game has.
The game has tons of contents, compared to other games. Not only that, 79 Metacritic is still great. alot of people liked the game.
That would have been gigantic move. Highly anticipated game, which would give the service more fame. Yes, I would have liked that, compared to what we got this month.

OK, a lot of people also liked the other day 1 releases on GP.
A lot of people also like and religiously play Rainbow Six Extraction.
I'm playing through Dying Light 2 right now and I liked Edge of Eternity a lot more from what I've played so far.
If that had come on GP, you'd have posters talking about how its a shit game with only 79 meta that came on GP and how the service is doomed.
I'm just trying to figure out what a universal barometer for what a "good day 1 release" is.

Are you in a cave? What banger did gamepass had? Only ones ware xbox 1st party games. There wasnt alot of impressive 3rd party games. Hell, even the big guns arent even out.
People are waiting for starfield, and stalker 2. The 2 biggest games of gamepass. We are all in waiting list, while we enjoy the normal games, that are on the service.

Just Q4 2021 had: The Gunk, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires IV, The Good Life, Back 4 Blood, Unpacking and more as day 1 releases.
That averages to more than 2 day 1 releases per month. Most of which were either critically or commercially .. or both .. successful.

Yeah, we really spoilt if one mediocre month of Feb is spelling doom and gloom lol

It matters, because gamepass is an xbox service. Xbox guys should get the best, from the service. We pc guys are just riding the wave, and eating good. Its not fair, that we get the best, and the console doesnt get any good game.

This makes no sense, we're just gonna find reasons to make arguments now lol.

Game Pass has been on PC for a long while now, it's as much a PC gaming service as it is an Xbox gaming service.

not where I live in. We get internet outage sometimes here.

My sympathies you have to go through that. Most of the other posters in this topic don't, so it's a very specific and isolated issue.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Lol I'm not wasting money converting game pass if it doesn't get used for months on end.

if they don't offer compelling content to keep me and others like me subbed then that's their problem not mine.
You are in the minority for any sub service. They don't offer a massive back catalog for funsies. Remember what a massive deal it was when HBO paid $500 million for the Friends streaming rights stealing them from Netflix. Why? Because it was the second most streamed show on Netflix.
That would have been massive at least. Highly anticipated AAA game day1 on your service. You will get alot of subs that way for that month.
Case in point, if they only get you to sign up for one month and then you cancel they just lost a shit ton of money.

DaGwaphics

No one will sub to your service, if you just do your 1st party games as day1.

If that was the only library (first-party only) sure. But, millions did subscribe with the only AAA day ones being first-party, people are quick to forget that MLB and Outriders were the first bigger budget games to drop on there day one from third-parties . You do get a lot of third-party day ones that are more AA or Indie in scope. I do think we will see plenty more AAA 3rd party games day one, but it's unrealistic to think that every big game is going to be on there.

Can, my man, you're just doing your best to find issues with the service now lol.

You can get 3 years GP for $100~ or so. Even if you don't like every game in a month, just the other day 1 releases and first party stuff only alone is more than enough to make up that amount multiple times over, is that not a good value for money ?

I'm playing through Dying Light 2 right now and I liked Edge of Eternity a lot more from what I've played so far.
If that had come on GP, you'd have posters talking about how its a shit game with only 79 meta that came on GP and how the service is doomed.
I'm just trying to figure out what a universal barometer for what a "good day 1 release" is.

Just Q4 2021 had: The Gunk, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires IV, The Good Life, Back 4 Blood, Unpacking and more as day 1 releases.
That averages to more than 2 day 1 releases per month. Most of which were either critically or commercially .. or both .. successful.

Yeah, we really spoilt if one mediocre month of Feb is spelling doom and gloom lol

Game Pass has been on PC for a long while now, it's as much a PC gaming service as it is an Xbox gaming service.

My sympathies you have to go through that. Most of the other posters in this topic don't, so it's a very specific and isolated issue.
Damn. Still going. You take criticism about GamePass super hard lol.

kingfey

Banned
Rainbow extraction only got the gamepass day1, because ubisoft knew it won't be a success. On other hand, day lights 2 much bigger. Aside of launch issues, the game is very solid. Which alot of gamepass day1 lacked, aside of outriders.

And when did 79% become bad?

I'm just trying to figure out what a universal barometer for what a "good day 1 release" is
Games that have content. Games, which average Joe can enjoy. Games, that doesn't rely on 4 co-op.

That averages to more than 2 day 1 releases per month. Most of which were either critically or commercially .. or both ..
The gunk was small. 1st party games. Back4blood was shit, and no one remembers it.

Outriders beats those games easily, aside of the 1st party games. And that says something.

January set up the stage. February went backwards.
Like I stated before, you dont actually need day1 games. You need those AAA games, which comeout in 2020-2021. Those are good boost for the service.

Even watch dog legion would be a much better option. If I am being nice to that list.

Console side is where MS operates. If pc version gets a good game, while the console doesn't, then there is a problem.

You have to strengthen the console gamepass, if you need more xbox users.

This month, Gamepass pc got much better drops, compared to the console. A highly sought pc games, is coming day1 for pc gamepass, while the console got cross fire x.

To put an end to this discussion, gamepass isn't a tool for developers to put unfinished games. MS needs extensive vetting on those games. They are building a long term service. Developers would get lazy, if they keep dropping games like cross fire x.

They also have 3rd party games, which has 1-2 year release after. They can get those games too on their service. They did with hitman 3.

They need to make the gamepass console more attractive. That is what would get them more userbase.

kingfey

Banned
Case in point, if they only get you to sign up for one month and then you cancel they just lost a shit ton of money.
Keeping 1m users on the long term is much better than having 5m users leave the service, after playing the game.

Those 1m users will spend money on your system, and give you long term money. That is the benefit of those games.

kingfey

Banned
If that was the only library (first-party only) sure. But, millions did subscribe with the only AAA day ones being first-party, people are quick to forget that MLB and Outriders were the first bigger budget games to drop on there day one from third-parties . You do get a lot of third-party day ones that are more AA or Indie in scope. I do think we will see plenty more AAA 3rd party games day one, but it's unrealistic to think that every big game is going to be on there.
No one is asking for all AAA big games.

Just some couple hits from last year on the service, if there is no day1 game. There 13-20 AAA every year. You can grab 4 of these, and cover the missing day1 months.

adamsapple

I never said anything about the price or value being an issue. You're just coming up with more excuses to argue with me now.

Man this isn't argument, this is just two chaps having a chat. I can't even point out the obvious now ? Alright fine.

Rainbow extraction only got the gamepass day1, because ubisoft knew it won't be a success. On other hand, day lights 2 much bigger. Aside of launch issues, the game is very solid. Which alot of gamepass day1 lacked, aside of outriders.

And when did 79% become bad?

Have you seen the discussions that go on GAF ? any game that doesn't score 90 or above is trash lol. Besides, it's yet another boring grindy loot collecty game we've been seeing a lot of recently. I'm afraid if I put a lot of time in this, it'll put me off of other games I'm more interested in like Horizon cause they have so many similar scanning/looting mechanics.

Also, I like that you're praising Outriders here and then say this V

Games that have content. Games, which average Joe can enjoy. Games, that doesn't rely on 4 co-op.

Outriders is a game best played in co-op. If you're going to say no it can be played single player, so can Rainbow Six.

The gunk was small. 1st party games. Back4blood was shit, and no one remembers it.

Outriders beats those games easily, aside of the 1st party games. And that says something.

I wouldn't talk about games no one remembers and then talk about Outriders, an entirely forgettable game.

January set up the stage. February went backwards.
Like I stated before, you dont actually need day1 games. You need those AAA games, which comeout in 2020-2021. Those are good boost for the service.

Even watch dog legion would be a much better option. If I am being nice to that list

Ok, so Feb was a miss, that... doesn't warrant this kind of death-talk lol.

March may have some more games you like, if not then April and so on.

Console side is where MS operates. If pc version gets a good game, while the console doesn't, then there is a problem.

You have to strengthen the console gamepass, if you need more xbox users.

This is a completely false argument. The fact that Phil has talked about getting Game Pass on as many platforms as possible over the last 2 years should tell you what MS themselves want the service to become.

This month, Gamepass pc got much better drops, compared to the console. A highly sought pc games, is coming day1 for pc gamepass, while the console got cross fire x.

Yes. No lies detected.

To put an end to this discussion, gamepass isn't a tool for developers to put unfinished games. MS needs extensive vetting on those games. They are building a long term service. Developers would get lazy, if they keep dropping games like cross fire x.

They also have 3rd party games, which has 1-2 year release after. They can get those games too on their service. They did with hitman 3.

They need to make the gamepass console more attractive. That is what would get them more userbase.

I think it's already plenty attractive, it has been pretty attractive for both adding new games and the catalog that already exists for a while.

Again, what puzzles me is that one lower month is bringing out this level of responses.

Really unnecessary.

Damn. Still going. You take criticism about GamePass super hard lol.

die-hard-bruce-willis.gif

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
Have you seen the discussions that go on GAF ? any game that doesn't score 90 or above is trash lol. Besides, it's yet another boring grindy loot collecty game we've been seeing a lot of recently. I'm afraid if I put a lot of time in this, it'll put me off of other games I'm more interested in like Horizon cause they have so many similar scanning/looting mechanics.
Only kids care about metacritic score. Games are there for experience, not follow what score says.

Also, I like that you're praising Outriders here and then say this
Outriders was fun. I dont know about you, but that game was dope. Aside of view annoying bugs, the game was good.

Outriders is a game best played in co-op. If you're going to say no it can be played single player, so can Rainbow Six.
Outriders doesn't advertise co-op like extraction. When you advertise the co-op mode like that, it will turn off people.

I wouldn't talk about games no one remembers and then talk about Outriders, an entirely forgettable game.
Outriders lasted almost 3 months of talk. Those games barely lasted a month.

Ok, so Feb was a miss, that... doesn't warrant this kind of death-talk lol.

March may have some more games you like, if not then April and so on
When your main focus on e3 is gamepass, then you need to deliver it. MS set the motion. Not us.

This is just their problem for this drop.

This is a completely false argument. The fact that Phil has talked about getting Game Pass on as many platforms as possible over the last 2 years should tell you what MS themselves want the service to become
No one cares about the platform gamepass is on. Xsx/Xss is MS main force. You need to have killer line up for these consoles. Look at what the competition is dropping.

I think it's already plenty attractive, it has been pretty attractive for both adding new games and the catalog that already exists for a while.

Again, what puzzles me is that one lower month is bringing out this level of responses.

Really unnecessary.
From great January, to this shit February is disappointing, not to mention having one of the worst game of the decade as timed exclusive/exclusive. That one will sting gamepass for a while.

At least 1 AAA from last 2 year would have covered some of these bad news.

Oh well, we will see whether March is good, or just same shit as this month. So far, we only have redfall as big exclusive in the summer. Maybe forza Motorsport on October, then starfield on November, and stalker 2 on December.

It will be a long boring time between those waiting list. At least April has MLB the show.

adamsapple

It will be a long boring time between those waiting list. At least April has MLB the show.

Funny you say that, I personally don't care about it at all, downloaded the one last year and uninstalled it in 15 mins.

I think it's safe to say they did not expect Cross Fire to crash like that, and I don't think they can make Game Pass deals in 2 days as a reaction to that games bad reviews. Whatever was penned for Feb was probably penned months ago.

Let's see what happens in March. Also don't forget if/once the Activision Blizzard deal closes, there is a 20 year history of classic games that will also start coming to game pass piece by piece.

Helghan

Warhammer and Madden, seems a pretty good lineup. Do people expect multiple new AAA games every month? That's ridiculous.

Fredrik

Meh.
MS is dropping the ball a bit right now. I’ve been playing more on PS5 than XSX so far this year, and soon Horizon Forbidden West comes out, then GT7.
What does MS have for the near future?

Apparently, despite the stupid name, Super Mega Baseball 3 is a really good game? It's an arcadey version of MLB, but still leaning towards realism. Very positive reviews on Steam.

Not my second half of the month specifically, though I'll try Warhammer on PC surely. Not gonna lie, I don't even mind all that much: Dying Light 2, the Cyberpunk 2077 patch and soon Elden Ring and Elex 2 among others keep me rather busy anyway.

Chukhopops

Warhammer and Madden, seems a pretty good lineup. Do people expect multiple new AAA games every month? That's ridiculous.
I think we got a bit spoiled indeed. Realistically we can’t get GOTY titles every month, November and December shouldn’t be expected to repeat every month.

Also Total War Warhammer III is huge, can’t wait to try it.

Helghan

Meh.
MS is dropping the ball a bit right now. I’ve been playing more on PS5 than XSX so far this year, and soon Horizon Forbidden West comes out, then GT7.
What does MS have for the near future?
The better choice for multiplatform games, unless you have a better PC than consoles. Then nothing much.

poppabk

I think we are in the early days where people have unrealistic expectations. It's like when people would bitch about Netflix not having every movie ever made available for streaming.

poppabk

I think we got a bit spoiled indeed. Realistically we can’t get GOTY titles every month, November and December shouldn’t be expected to repeat every month.

Also Total War Warhammer III is huge, can’t wait to try it.
Yeah I am honestly drowning in games. Just got a HOTAS, so I have been playing FS2020 and Star Wars:Squadrons. Then I also have MK11, Halo Campaign, AoE4. Forza is still a regular on the schedule, and will be for the next year at least. I have Warhammer III preloading. Then I have the games I bought on sale over Christmas - RDR2, Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'd have to quit my job to have any chance of even getting to play half the things I have downloaded.

Yeah I am honestly drowning in games. Just got a HOTAS, so I have been playing FS2020 and Star Wars:Squadrons. Then I also have MK11, Halo Campaign, AoE4. Forza is still a regular on the schedule, and will be for the next year at least. I have Warhammer III preloading. Then I have the games I bought on sale over Christmas - RDR2, Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'd have to quit my job to have any chance of even getting to play half the things I have downloaded.
Yeah, it's getting bad. I realistically should just stop buying games for the next 3 years.

adamsapple

Yeah, it's getting bad. I realistically should just stop buying games for the next 3 years.

Dying Light 2 is literally the first game I've bought for the Xbox in almost ~5 to 6 months now.

I've got Horizon FW coming too, but again, not an Xbox game so doesn't factor in this.

Terrible. Those 26 studios need to start cranking out the games.

GamePass is like Netflix with old movies and a lack of regular good original content. That $50 billion needs to start paying off.

adamsapple

Actually I made a goof, I bought around 5~6 Xbox 360 games on that big sale that happened after the "last batch of BC games" were announced.

But that was more of a nostalgia moment :D

DaGwaphics

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

They just put ME:LE and Hitman Trilogy on there last month. Would you have preferred that they push Hitman to this month? That ignores Madden 22 and Total War: WARHAMMER III already being included this month. 🤷‍♂️

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Pathetic year so far. Nothing on the horizon either which is baffling

Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Elex 2, Shadow Warrior 3, FF Origins. Pretty good lineup of games to start the year with and you don't offer any of these? Come on Phil
Yeah, I hoped for more money to be spend on this service.
#timeHasCome #PhilSpencerSucks #PoorPass

kingfey

Banned
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

They just put ME:LE and Hitman Trilogy on there last month. Would you have preferred that they push Hitman to this month? That ignores Madden 22 and Total War: WARHAMMER III already being included this month. 🤷‍♂️
That would have worked.
Keep each month exciting.
Do ME:LE on January, then hitman 3 on February. This way, people won't focus on the low drop.

makaveli60

They release them on Console/PC/Cloud at different times. I think so it looks like they have more new games than they actually do.

Mass Effect was already released, as well. I'm guessing several others too, but I'm not sure.
I think I was mistaken. It was part of the EA subscription that you get with game pass ultimate.

vj27

Banned
Madden alone makes this a bigger month than pretty much anything else to the majority of gamers in the US.
It does, half the time I tell my friends about game pass they just end up playing madden or MLB or forza/halo. Which isn’t a problem to me since the only time I ever play sports games is with friends.

Top Bottom