• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

naguanatak

Every one on board the party bus.

If the bus gets filled up, we might need to look into something bigger lol

0zmPH7O.jpg
Even though the Playstation hype train didn't arrive at the destination, I'm in on this one. Don't care (outside a few devs) who brings me good games, I'm just in it for the ride and I'm pretty confident XBox will deliver this time. 🙃

Reactions: Isa

Naked Lunch

Should be a good show - looking forward to it.
Lots of stuff 'in progress' has been in the xbox pipeline for a long time now.
Im hoping for a couple surprises.

Even after all these years - I still get excited during this "E3" time of year. Gaming is a hobby ill never grow out of.

Xbox's controller, ecosystem, and digital retention of my purchases dating back to 2004 - has kept me primarily in the xbox camp for decades now. I dont follow the gaming news as much as some - but it seems its been a rough couple of months - but things can only go up from here.

i mean....this should be MS's sony's 2016 conference. At least 4 uninterrupted gameplay presentations is what I am expecting.
I dont know.. if they were smart they would do this, but we know how all these corporate CEO guys can be behind the scenes, they might want a cringe show

Fredrik

Draugoth Draugoth you should change the title, the Xbox Games Showcase is before the Starfield Direct.

”Immediately after the Showcase, we’ll be airing Starfield Direct, a deep-dive into Bethesda Game Studios’ highly anticipated sci-fi RPG.”

hyperbertha

If they have a good presentation with StarField, they already beat Sony's first party showing from this presentation. The only thing of note was HellDivers 2, which looks fun but shallow - and SpiderMan 2, which looks like a glorified expansion to the first game. Again. After we arleady got a glorified expansion to the first game with Miles Morales.
This is delusion. We already know what starfield looks like. Spiderman 2 was atleast never before seen footage. Ms's position is so bad they need new gameplay showcases AND new game reveals to gain any momentum at all.

reksveks

Yeah, I could see this tbh. If its touched up amazingly that would be great but I think we need something from the new game if they talk anything Fable.
I agree and kinda think it's going to raise questions. If true, hopefully the rest of the showcase means that's not the main topic of discourse coming out of the show.

Ozriel

M$FT
This is delusion. We already know what starfield looks like. Spiderman 2 was atleast never before seen footage. Ms's position is so bad they need new gameplay showcases AND new game reveals to gain any momentum at all.

It’s not like what was shown for Spiderman 2 was a radical departure from what we expected. Still a lot more unknowns in Starfield.

but clearly, the show will be much more than just Starfield footage.

I think it's going to be the Fable collection instead of the new one.

There’s a 0% chance of this happening

Darsxx82

I think it's going to be the Fable collection instead of the new one.
Make a promotional video just for a collection? That only makes sense to do it for an important and prominent announcement and not for a simple collection of games.
Another possibility is that it is not Fable that is being promoted but another game. In such a case, MS should come out and stop the hype and illusions to see PG's Fable.

If it's just the Fable collection and the new Fable isn't shown in the form of gameplay... the showcase will have earned a lot of points to be criticized fairly. In any case, MS's fault for encouraging the fans

AstronomerIT

Neo Member
My hopes about Fable presence on the show are surely increasing now but not enough
Anyways, with Starfield alone I am in peace. It's simply my dream game

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

We have seen parts of StarField, yes. Its been quite a while since that previous showcase and they have a lot more to showcase.

Spider-Man 2 you could easily mistake for Spider-Man 1/MM. 4 GAAS games also do not inspire confidence or care in regard to that presentation for first parties. Especially if they are CGI.

A good, in-depth look at StarField? Yes, that would get me infinitely more excited and interested than anything Sony had on offer with this previous showcase (again, *in regards to first parties*).

hyperbertha

We have seen parts of StarField, yes. Its been quite a while since that previous showcase and they have a lot more to showcase.

Spider-Man 2 you could easily mistake for Spider-Man 1/MM. 4 GAAS games also do not inspire confidence or care in regard to that presentation for first parties. Especially if they are CGI.

A good, in-depth look at StarField? Yes, that would get me infinitely more excited and interested than anything Sony had on offer with this previous showcase (again, *in regards to first parties*).
I'm sorry but showing an already revealed game is not enough to put the momentum back in ms. They need to show new games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm sorry but showing an already revealed game is not enough to put the momentum back in ms. They need to show new games.

We aren't talking about "putting the momentum back in MS". We are talking all they would need to do to have a better first party showing over Sony's previous Showcase.

hyperbertha

We aren't talking about "putting the momentum back in MS". We are talking all they would need to do to have a better first party showing over Sony's previous Showcase.
And you think showing an already revealed first party game is enough to top sony? I get that sm2 was underwhelming but even then you wouldn't top it.

Schmick

Allow me to say this, if they create some 11/10 games then it will make a positive difference for you (in that you will have new great games to play), and that's all that should matter.
Of course that is all that matters.

I was being sarcastic.

Next time I'll add /s to the end of the post.

Riky

$MSFT
I still wouldn't expect anything substantial regarding Perfect Dark for another year, but I'll take a pleasant surprise.

I would hope to see something, even if it just "in engine", Crystal Dynamics are a decent studio. Unless because it's on UE5 it is still years away.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Looks like we might get some new Hi Fi Rush content announcement as well, Steam DB has 10 new secret achievements added to it recently.

Curious what it could be. I still haven't come close to earning all the damn graffiti.

All I know is that MS Needs to remove their head from their ass and give us a physical release.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Curious what it could be. I still haven't come close to earning all the damn graffiti.

All I know is that MS Needs to remove their head from their ass and give us a physical release.

Sometimes they do some shit that’s stupid beyond belief. This is one of them.

Should have had a physical release and some decent marketing. I’m not convinced about shadow drops

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sometimes they do some shit that’s stupid beyond belief. This is one of them.

Should have had a physical release and some decent marketing. I’m not convinced about shadow drops

I am fine with shadowdrops. Just release a physical at a later time! Cuphead and Ori did it, so do it here as well.

Top Bottom