• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iced Arcade

I like that you won't have to see the controls menu to see the flight controls, it's already on the controller.

Hopefully it isn't priced absurdly.

------------

------------

ZGCZatr.jpg
shouldn't have to ask. pick me up fool

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Riky

$MSFT
"Join us for some new surprises and first-looks from our incredibly talented internal studios, and our many creative partners around the world. This is the day gamers have been waiting for"

This is the day gamers have been waiting for, doesn't sound to me like they are trying to dampen down the hype.

Riky

$MSFT
I am aboard! Hype³

This time it should be impossible to fuck up. Stalker 2, Forza, Starfield and Hellblade 2 alone are more than enough to look forward to the show.

The cherry on top would be the anouncement of a Quake Reboot with Campaign and oldskool Multiplayer Deathmatch à la Quake3.

Yes a Quake reboot would be a show stopper, maybe they could end with a teaser of it and say game to be revealed at Quakecon.

ADiTAR

Banned
"Join us for some new surprises and first-looks from our incredibly talented internal studios, and our many creative partners around the world. This is the day gamers have been waiting for"

This is the day gamers have been waiting for, doesn't sound to me like they are trying to dampen down the hype.
I'm really excited to see "World Premiere" in their own showcase, but not as excited to see "Not Actual Gameplay" for CGI trailers, while being tingly excited for a surprise return of Kinect.

But honestly, would love to get actual surprises, zero CGI, and a date for Silksong.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
As this show is 90 minutes without the Starfield deep dive and we have an after show on top then there has to be a lot of content. We'll obviously get the updates for Minecraft, Fallout 76, Sea Of Thieves and ESO which will take some time as well as the games signed up for Gamepass.
I think it will break down like this,

Definitely there.

Forza Motorsport
Hellblade 2
Starfield as it has its own show.

Likely there,

Avowed
Fable
STALKER 2

Hopefully there,

Fable Collection
Gears Of War Collection
Contraband

Unlikely but possible,

Perfect Dark
Everwild
Indiana Jones
State Of Decay 3

New announcements,

Gears Of War
Quake
InXile Steampunk RPG
Wolfenstein 3

Probably Not,

Elder Scrolls VI
Outer Worlds 2

Wild Card megaton,

Banjo Threeie

Last edited:

ShaikhCroft

Livestreamed!! That means no live showcase in front of audience! Damn Ubisoft and Keighley doing it. Why not you Microsoft?

Banned
As this show is 90 minutes without the Starfield deep dive and we have an after show on top then there has to be a lot of content. We'll obviously get the updates for Minecraft, Fallout 76, Sea Of Thieves and ESO which will take some time as well as the games signed up for Gamepass.

Definitely there.

Forza Motorsport
Hellblade 2

Likely there,

Avowed
Fable
STALKER 2

Hopefully there,

Fable Collection
Gears Of War Collection
Contraband

Unlikely but possible,

Perfect Dark
Everwild
Indiana Jones

New announcements,

Gears Of War
Quake
InXile Steampunk RPG
Wolfenstein 3

Probably Not,

Elder Scrolls VI

Wild Card megaton,

Banjo Threeie

the question is if they have the manpower to make Indiana Jones and Wolfenstein 3 at the same time.

Vognerful

Definitely there.

Forza Motorsport
Hellblade 2

Likely there,

Avowed
Fable
STALKER 2

Hopefully there,

Fable Collection
Gears Of War Collection
Contraband

Unlikely but possible,

Perfect Dark
Everwild
Indiana Jones

New announcements,

Gears Of War
Quake
InXile Steampunk RPG
Wolfenstein 3

Probably Not,

Elder Scrolls VI

Wild Card megaton,

Banjo Threeie
I don't see a point in Fable collection.

Hope to see things based on rumors:

• Persona 3 Remake or Atlus announcement
  • outerworlds 2

Other expectations because of Hopium:

• MGS4 remastered or a port (doesn't need a remake)

Other expectations because of massive amount of Hopium:

• Rogue Galaxy 2

Riky

$MSFT
I don't see a point in Fable collection.

Hope to see things based on rumors:

• Persona 3 Remake or Atlus announcement
  • outerworlds 2

Other expectations because of Hopium:

• MGS4 remastered or a port (doesn't need a remake)

Other expectations because of massive amount of Hopium:

• Rogue Galaxy 2

Fable Collection would introduce a lot of new players to the franchise with updated visuals, I think Gears is more likely in UE5 as a test bed for The Coalition. Spencer did say "collections" as plural so I'm hoping.
As for Outer Worlds 2 I'm putting that with Elder Scrolls VI as in I don't think we see it.

You never know though!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Yeah, seems like the whole Xbox team are extremely confident with this Showcase. 1 more week and we'll find out if that confidence is justified.
This is the week to temper expectations if they need to. If fable, perfect dark, state of decay, hellblade, avowed or ever wild are going to be radio silent for another year, then now is the time to say it

ADiTAR

Banned
"Last year we showed you games that are about to come out in the next year, and boy, did we miss that boat. So in this showcase we'll show you games that will come out in 2026".

feynoob

Banned
Yeah, seems like the whole Xbox team are extremely confident with this Showcase. 1 more week and we'll find out if that confidence is justified.
That is a disaster in the making.
I will still temper my expectations.

There are too many people that have high expectations right now.

Aside of hell blade 2 or slim chance for avowed, I am not that confident about other games.

BosmerCulter

Neo Member
I hope Starfield's space combat segment is not the hot mess it was being called by insiders last year lol
the insider (who was a former Bethesda employee) was saying that the space combat was bad and shooting pretty good but the gameplay of last year give me the opposite feeling.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

JimRyanGOAT

Sony dropped the ball hard

Phil needs to put EXTREME pressure

Advertise all the games, Day 1 gamepass.

The media will roll with it, since Sony dropped the ball so hard

Top Bottom