• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
Topher Topher mansoor1980 mansoor1980
What do you guys think of that space flight?
I am getting goosebumps from the sound track alone. Its going to an epic battle if we get to fight like that.
Awesome Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

You joke, but (and while it technically wasn't a movie), hasn't the Halo the TV show been renewed for a 2nd season?
I thought Season 2 has ended filming already. I think Season 3 was approved too. Though I don't follow movie news.

I still can't believe were getting a new IP from these guys that is way bigger than Skyrim on a ground level and allows us to do this?
Personally I cannot wait for mods. Somebody will probably make Death Star.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Topher Topher mansoor1980 mansoor1980
What do you guys think of that space flight?
I am getting goosebumps from the sound track alone. Its going to an epic battle if we get to fight like that.
Just not what I want out of a Bethesda RGP to be honest.

I want one giant cohesive map I can walk in any direction from the start with, and become familiar with over years of playing.

Still going to give the game a chance, but it's going to be a long wait for the next Bethesda RPG that feels like an old Bethesda RPG I have a feeling.

feynoob

Banned
Just not what I want out of a Bethesda RGP to be honest.

I want one giant cohesive map I can walk in any direction from the start with, and become familiar with over years of playing.

Still going to give the game a chance, but it's going to be a long wait for the next Bethesda RPG that feels like an old Bethesda RPG I have a feeling.
I think fable or avowed is going to be your alley then.

Perrott

Gold Member
I still can't believe were getting a new IP from these guys that is way bigger than Skyrim on a ground level and allows us to do this?
Yeah. I personally can't believe that such a major portion of the community is rooting for this game to fail, instead of wanting it to actually deliver on the premise of a massive, explorable universe within the context of a story-heavy AAA game that BioWare couldn't develop as their original vision for Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Citizen hasn't yet delivered and aren't expected to do so for several years, if ever.

Starfield might as well be the most important release in the open-world genre since Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018, due to its gigantic scope and the high production values relative to its scale. I don't think any of us is ready for it, in case it lives up to the hype. It could be a Skyrim-type phenomenon all over again.

Perrott

Gold Member
Nah, because they aren't Bethesda RPGs lol

There's something special about the way creation engine games work that nobody else really replicates.
Simply being able to grab and mess around with pretty much any random item from the environment adds a whole new level of immersion to the game worlds of modern Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

That feature alone puts Bethesda singleplayer RPGs above all of their competition, be it Obsidian, BioWare or CDProjekt RED.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Simply being able to grab and mess around with pretty much any random item from the environment adds a whole new level of immersion to the game worlds of modern Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

That feature alone puts Bethesda singleplayer RPGs above all of their competition, be it Obsidian, BioWare or CDProjekt RED.
Yeah that's a major part of it. Object persistence.

Also just the random order you can do just about anything is fairly unique to open world games. Can go to any corner of the map to start and just work your way to the other side, finding loads to do.

They have backed off on some of the more hardcore aspects like being able to kill almost everyone and fuck up missions but I still find their RPG's the most fun Open Worlds by far.

edit: And don't get me wrong everyone, still super stoked for Starfield.. just not really looking for a space sim when buying their RPGs, and the jury is out on how much of a "Bethesda Map" feel the disconnected planet concept will have. Especially with all of the randomly generated worlds out there. Just not my thing.

But I'll jump in head first and give it all a shot.

Last edited:
Yeah. I personally can't believe that such a major portion of the community is rooting for this game to fail, instead of wanting it to actually deliver on the premise of a massive, explorable universe within the context of a story-heavy AAA game that BioWare couldn't develop as their original vision for Mass Effect: Andromeda, and that Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Citizen hasn't yet delivered and aren't expected to do so for several years, if ever.

Starfield might as well be the most important release in the open-world genre since Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018, due to its gigantic scope and the high production values relative to its scale. I don't think any of us is ready for it, in case it lives up to the hype. It could be a Skyrim-type phenomenon all over again.

No fan of open world rpg's is rooting for this to fail. Where did you come up with that idea?

Thinking it might not be good or whatever people are saying is different than "wanting" it to fail.

Perrott

Gold Member
No fan of open world rpg's is rooting for this to fail. Where did you come up with that idea?

Thinking it might not be good or whatever people are saying is different than "wanting" it to fail.
I was referring to how it became ammo for shitshow that is the console wars, with some people having taken a stance against it once it became Xbox's flagship first-party release. And that's in addition to the usual share of Bethesda detractors that constantly mock their games.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
I was referring to how it became ammo for shitshow that is the console wars, with some people having taken a stance against it once it became Xbox's flagship first-party release. And that's in addition to the usual share of Bethesda detractors that constantly mock their games.
Look at iconera

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Man this is textbook persecution complex.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Probably not gonna happen but I would love to see the next Metro game. It's been 4 years since Exodus

Not a bad guess, but I think that's gonna premier at a more PC centric show first and foremost.

Hell, who knows, maybe it'll be at the Keighley show.

feynoob

Banned
I wonder how much gameplay would MS show from those indie games like starfield, fable and avowed. Those are some good indie games.

Top Bottom