• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase Announced for June 11 before the Starfield Show

Hype check time!

• Phil won't let us down, he always delivers!

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • It won't be difficult to surpass the Sony shitshow in any case.

Votes: 65 47.8%
  • Phil my boy, this is your last chance of redemption.

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • It will suck, can't convince me otherwise.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • First-party stuff only or bust!

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wulfer

a money hat live onstage would be glorious

phil-spencer.gif
That's what I'm thinking, Sony's down this year with only Spidey to do any work. Great time for Xbox to strike. They should blanket all sporting events with Starfield, Forza and 2 others.... What should those be?? Phil go get Splinter Cell! It's a Xbox roots title, lock that sucker down!

Last edited:

Laptop1991

I hope there is some surprises i'm not expecting, otherwise it's Starfield, Avowed and The Outer Worlds 2 if it's mentioned, might be too soon.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
oooh shit's starting to pop, yo.

The two games in the link the above post are known quantities though.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Damn, if they close the show with at least one more 1P Q4 game (other than Forza), that's gonna be insane.

Yup...

Hi fi rush
Starfield
Forza

Would be an s tier release year for xbox. Redballs knocks it down to an A+ but I just like to imagine that never existed.

Not long now!

I'm really getting hyped even though I'm trying to keep things in Check.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Yep, his stuffs pretty good but nothing that hasn't been seen before. The official Starfield customs are far better.

Panel lines and some custom Photoshop grime brushes don't automatically make a Starfield design.

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Depends on when they upload the video, it needs time to render
Unless YouTube changed how they do it, 4K Premieres always have been premiered in very crappy 1080p because of the countdown added at the start.
Then once the video is done premiering they replace it with the original uploaded one (without the countdown) and is full quality (and the 1080p version is better than the premiere one).

So unless they changed how 4K Premieres play, expect a really bad quality tomorrow.
I'll try YT but I guess Twitch will be the best choice for a live feed, then watch again some parts on YT 4K once the premiere is done...

They should do a real 4K live stream instead of premieres, this shit sucks.

Mixer was really great fo 4K live shows...

Last edited:

adamsapple

A Premiere then...

Did YouTube fix their shit or are 4K60 Premieres still shown as crappy 1080p60 until the video is done so you have to refresh to get 4K60 and watch again ?

Well, they're SAYING that the live stream will be in 4K 60 FPS, so let's hope they have their shit sorted out.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Well, they're SAYING that the live stream will be in 4K 60 FPS, so let's hope they have their shit sorted out.

Didn't they say the same thing last year but was still a low quality premiere ?

Let's hope YT fixed that.

I've found a video premiering in a couple of hours that should be 4K, I'll check the premiere. It's not a big channel but if the quality is indeed 4K during the premiere it should be good for tomorrow, if not, there's still a bit of hope.

Last edited:

Salz01

I thought it was two hours plus then the star field direct. So I guess it’s both for 1hr 52 mins? Not sure if that’s good or bad. Depends on the content.

ShaikhCroft

I thought it was two hours plus then the star field direct. So I guess it’s both for 1hr 52 mins? Not sure if that’s good or bad. Depends on the content.
If they show only 20 AAA games with 4 and a half minutes each then it can be the best showcase in years. But they don't do that!

feynoob

Banned
That is a good, as there will be less talk and more show.
Last year, it was a lot of games and less talk.

Pallas

Gold Member
It's terrible. Nothing in that design looks like starfield aestethics. It could be from Star Wars, Mass Effect or any other sci-fi game.
Getting Titanfall vibes from that tinned honest but agreed, not even NASA’s old school legendary rainbow.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

I'll join the shelf. Hopefully it's a decent show.

I was removed!

Hendrick's Hendrick's feel free to add me as well if you will.

Add me on the bus please, my good man but somewhere away from those ignorant fuckers who insist on eating their McDonald's shitburgers on public transport.

Can i request a place on the hype shelf? :messenger_robot:

Hyped for the showcase! Hopefully they deliver the goods! After these other two subpar showcases this year. Bring back the king Viva Pinata!
Added. Shelves are full, but I can still find spots for stragglers.

EwbCsvM.png

adamsapple

Tomorrow at this very moment, the roller coaster ride will stop after taking all of our breathes away! Get ready to pee outta your butt!

Will we be wow-ed by Todd's amazing mug or will we be left disappointed that Aaron Greenberg didn't make it to the stage ?

Guessing in no specific order:
Avowed- Spring 2024, in game trailer
Fable trailer
Hellblade 2 demo- November 2023
Forza- October 2023
Gears Collection- October 2023
Compulsion Games reveal
Fallout 3/New Vegas remasters- 2024
Update on ESO/F76/SOT/Minecraft (ugh)
Indie stuff
Persona 3 Reload
Jet Set Radio
Hollow Knight Silksong trailer
Indiana Jones trailer
Something surprising from a Japanese developer (new Capcom reveal maybe?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom