• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Phil-PN-1-Large-x800jj.jpg

"What you're going to see is true creative freedom" - Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox

Livestream:

Youtube

Twitch

Announcements and trailers

Pre-show

Dragon Quest XI S
Exomecha
Echo Generation
Hello Neighbor 2
Balan Wonderworld

Main event

The Outer World's: Peril on Gorgon
Grounded
Avowed
As Dusk Falls
Psychonauts 2
Destiny 2: Beyond Light
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Warhammer 40000: Darktide
Tetris Effect: Connected
The Gunk
The Medium
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genisis
CrossfireX
Fable

Game-Showcase-Logo-Viewing-Platforms-jp.jpg

Credit CrustyBritches CrustyBritches for his work on the OT.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Won't be buying an Xbox due to having a PC, incredibly excited to see what they've been cooking up. Weird spot to be in, never thought this situation would come around so fast. I liked the PS presentation but I feel like this is about to blow it out.

I think MS has got to show at least a 5 second clip of Fable gameplay to make this event a huge win.

My wishes outside Halo Infinite, Forza,Everwild,and Hellblade 2 gameplay:
The Initiative game reveal(highly unlikely)with just a hint at Perfect Dark
A new AAA exclusive by a well respected japanese studio like From Software/Platinum that shocks everyone and didn't see coming
Double Fine making Banjo Kazooie 3
More japanese games like Persona 5, Nioh, DQ 11,FF7Remake Xbox footage.
Obsidians rumored Skyrim like AAA rpg
Another AAA exclusive by a 3rd party that nobody saw coming like with Bungie
Cyberpunk 2077 XB1X/XSX footage
Starfield gameplay footage
Elden Ring gameplay footage

Last edited:
I'm excited but trying to keep my expectations considerably lower than i usually would. This is being seen as Xbox's big redeeming moment for everyone that isn't currently an Xbox fan and it NEEDS to have something special. Although Halo is their big hitter, it's not as big as it once was in the gaming sphere and arguably one of the most critiqued titles on earth so if they don't get it right then it will just set a bad precedent going forward.

No more bullshit Xbox, just focus on high quality first party games and the results will come. I don't want them to be pushed from their multiplayer game focus either, they don't need to be a clone of Playstation to have good single player experiences, but that also doesn't mean they cant try to have the next big multiplayer hitter either.

Gaming first, everything else (social/media) second this time.

Extremely excited to see Halo. Everything else I'm tempering my expectations. Hoping there will be some surprises. Got some time set aside so that I can enjoy the show along with any demos they might have available afterwards like their summer games fest stuff.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Predictions: all games. No hardware no studio acquisitions no price, no duh.

- Halo Infinite will be ground zero for the first Megaton and will be the opener.
- Hell Blade 2 gameplay
- Fable Reveal, no gameplay
- Perfect Dark reveal, no gameplay made by The Initiative - I imagine it will be more realistic and darker than previous iterations of the franchise.
- Forza 8 reveal, gameplay
- Gears will not be there. Taking a break, maybe a new IP announcement from The Coalition?
- Everwild gameplay
- Undead Labs should be ready for an announcement.
- More info on Project Mara, not expecting gameplay
- At least one cringe-worthy kids game
- Psykonauts 2 gameplay should be ready to show
- InExile AAA RPG announcement.

Overall the show will get a solid B as Microsoft has been rumored to be holding back.

Orta

Banned
Don't know what to expect tbh. Halo, GOW and Forza, Microsofts big hitters don't really interest me, am hoping to be blown away by some unannounced first party stuff by the devs they've acquired over the last year or two. That and a notable upgrade on some of the games announced or the ps5 and maybe an enhanced port/sequel or two of an established IP.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I think it'll be a good show. I expect Forza 8 & Halo Infinite to be the obvious big hitters.

Got my fingers crossed for the reveal of a big AAA Fable reboot from Playground.

Excited for some possible teasers for Everwild & Hellblade. Maybe a look at something new from Obsidian, or an expansion for The Outer Worlds. Release date for Gears Tactics on console would be good as well.

Anything else is a bonus.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I think it'll be a good show. I expect Forza 8 & Halo Infinite to be the obvious big hitters.

Got my fingers crossed for the reveal of a big AAA Fable reboot from Playground.

Excited for some possible teasers for Everwild & Hellblade. Maybe a look at something new from Obsidian, or an expansion for The Outer Worlds. Release date for Gears Tactics on console would be good as well.

Anything else is a bonus.

I would love all of that plus more on Project Mara.

I haven't been this hyped in a long time. Obviously, most excited for Infinite. But im also curious about all the other studios they bought.

I hope they have a good mix of AAA realistic type games and some more risky games, like that Rare one. Fire on full cylinders MS.

I think 343s reputation may help them this time around. I think a lot of people expect them to screw it up again, so expectations are lower. Might end up working out in their favor. I like evrything Bonnie Ross and Chris Lee have said last e3 so, heres hoping.

If Halo looks good, they got nothing to worry about this holiday.

Predictions: all games. No hardware no studio acquisitions no price, no duh.

- Halo Infinite will be ground zero for the first Megaton and will be the opener.
- Hell Blade 2 gameplay
- Fable Reveal, no gameplay
- Perfect Dark reveal, no gameplay made by The Initiative - I imagine it will be more realistic and darker than previous iterations of the franchise.
- Forza 8 reveal, gameplay
- Gears will not be there. Taking a break, maybe a new IP announcement from The Coalition?
- Everwild gameplay
- Undead Labs should be ready for an announcement.
- More info on Project Mara, not expecting gameplay
- At least one cringe-worthy kids game
- Psykonauts 2 gameplay should be ready to show
- InExile AAA RPG announcement.

Overall the show will get a solid B as Microsoft has been rumored to be holding back.

I feel like it'll be more games than that personally.

But I also think the Gears content will be either a console port of Gears Tactics, or maybe some Gears tactics updates/add on content?

Mr.ODST

This is moment for Microsoft blow us away, the PS conference was good but not great and I'm still waiting to see true next gen games.

Obviously MS is waiting two years but this is a great chance to show the power of the Series X and Halo will be our first look at what a cross-gen first-party title will look like and I think it's going to blow our fucking eyeballs out.

Everything MS is doing this gen is literally on Halo's shoulders it needs to deliver.

I'm absolutely hoping for a great showing for MS.

But I can't help but feel like its all going to be far more disappointing than we want it to be.

I want to be wrong, truly, but every time I get a hard on for a gaming conference this year I get blue balls the size of Texas when it ends.

Just take it all the way goddammit, and give me that sweet cleanest best pleasure.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm absolutely hoping for a great showing for MS.

But I can't help but feel like its all going to be far more disappointing than we want it to be.

I want to be wrong, truly, but every time I get a hard on for a gaming conference this year I get blue balls the size of Texas when it ends.

Just take it all the way goddammit, and give me that sweet cleanest best pleasure.

I think it’s going to be pretty good.

Let’s face it, if they don’t produce something memorable and hype worthy, they’ll get destroyed on release by Sony. They know this. They’re not stupid.

JLB

Banned
I think this is, probably, the most hyped xbox show i can remember. Which is of course a double edge sword.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I think it’s going to be a truly great show. Very excited to see open world Halo and what Fable looks like.

Expecting at least one big third party exclusive that will have the interweb fighting to know if it’s timed or not.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
That MS hasn't rebooted the Banjo series as a true 3D platformer in all these years is just insane. Just look at this Smash Banjo reveal and tell me a AAA Banjo game wouldn't be huge for Game Pass. Thomas Mahler from Moon says he wants to do it. LET HIM DO IT PHIL.

Last edited:
Halo might be the game im least excited to see because i already know im buying it. This is a big showing for microsoft for me personally because im hoping they make it clear they intend to go head to head with sony as far as first party offerings go and if thats the case we will all be the beneficiaries. What i want most is new and exciting ip’s and maybe a Perfect Dark reboot ( dont really know why i just do). Cant wait.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Starfield

Halo Infinite:

(according to Klobrille)
-Sprint is in, campaign bc of huge areas and gametype specific lists for mp
-mp is more like halo 3 where you pick up upgrades from the ground (like sprint, overshield, etc...)
-thers a grappling hook which you can piuck up as an upgrade
-halo mp will be more like halo 3
-new forge should be mindblowing with its customization

Halo Infinite:

(according to Klobrille)
-Sprint is in, campaign bc of huge areas and gametype specific lists for mp
-mp is more like halo 3 where you pick up upgrades from the ground (like sprint, overshield, etc...)
-thers a grappling hook which you can piuck up as an upgrade
-halo mp will be more like halo 3
-new forge should be mindblowing with its customization

Well, huge areas...isnt that why there are vehicles? Anyway, theres practically no chance of sprint not being in this. I just hope its good. Please be good.

Stuart360

Guys just remember its only 1 hour long, and Halo will probably take up like 15mins of that. I'm certain they will hold back some games for future shows. They did say there will be some kind of event every month leading up to launch.

Top Bottom