• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Insiders on Windows PC can preview Quake 4

Havoc2049

Hopefully Quake 4, with Quake 2 included, will be coming to PC Gamepass and hopefully Xbox Gamepass, either late summer or early fall. I would love to see Return to Castle Wolfenstein in the near future as well.

Apocryphon

Edit: Hope Id makes a significant update.
It isn't an id Software developed game so I doubt it. I'm not sure I'm even bothered about a remaster of Quake 4, certainly not in the way I want Quake 2 to get the same treatment as Quake did last year. If id want to work on their back catalog they can fix the megatexture issues Linux users have with Rage so I can play it on my Steam Deck...

The Quake 4 thing looks like it is more about the game becoming available on the Microsoft Store, and so a bit of a nothing story.

What I want from Microsoft/Bethesda/id Software now is a farmed out remastering of Quake 2 and it's expansions, with the same level of add on support as Quake got last year, and a full on Doom 2016-esque Quake reboot that is less Eternal and more 2016. Give it a multiplayer mode that is effectively a full on Quake 3 reboot and my heart will sing!

I'm not lucky enough to get that though so expect some bullshit when they formally announce what they're doing with the Quake property next.

Last edited:
This is a sign. See you all next summer.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Riky

$MSFT
Was a big fan of Quake IV, hopefully this means it's coming to Gamepass, could do with a Series console port before we get a full reboot.

Top Bottom