• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox launches "Nowstalgia" campaign to target Gen Z. Featuring a gamer making friends with a talking Xbox Series S plushy coming to life on his couch.

Drew1440

I need boobstalgia, gimmie those kickass 80s-90s styled ads featuring elite gamer babes.

tJJCnQi.jpg
That's not good for their ESG score

Alx

There's a decent idea with the "meta" of characters being conscious of filming a commercial, but the execution is bad. No comedic rhythm, topics going all over the place, much too long,... I guess it could be saved if edited correctly into shorter segments (which may be the idea for TV broadcasts)

Last edited:

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
It's a good commercial.
Just look at all the people talking about it here. Even got its own GAF thread.

Last edited:
Besides the fridge(s) I feel like they never advertise the Series X

Yes I have noticed this. From the worlds most powerful console to farting in a shopping bag and throwing it away.

One thing for certain, I will never purchase a Xbox system first year ever again , this and Xbox One, nah too much.

It’s the year 2022 and Microsoft is releasing a try-hard humorless trailer starring Jian Yang that advertises cool ways for zoomers to spend $300 to buy a 1080p between gen console for free to play games. They must really want to gift this gen to Sony and Nintendo again.

Furry-talking-Xbox-Series-S-became-the-star-of-the.jpeg

Btw, I forgot to mention the name of the sentient series S in the add is called "game with me" Series S. Get it? "Game with me" Series S? "Tickle Me" Elmo? Do you get the joke? Are you cringing right now? Having a stroke? That's is a reasonable reaction once you realize that's what they are going for.

It seems that the Xbox Plushie is back after first appearing in this very strange commercial. Now you can win the plushie with this new sweepstakes Xbox is doing until March 21st as shown in the tweet.

At this rate they may as well just sell the things imo.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Cheap digital only sub box.
Id argue its more of the insane amount of backstock they have for it. Seems that for every one xbox series x a store gets, they get 10 series S with it

My store in particular just finally sold the last of the holiday bundles a couple weeks ago

Last edited:
Top Bottom