• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale Nov 18 - Nov 28 Thread

cantona222

I've just bought Mega Man Legacy Collection. The $6 price is tempting.
Now I own these games on:
1-NES (all cartridges)
2-PS2 (compilation Disc)
3-Xbox One

^_^'

cuilan

I didn't buy much, but what I did buy was nothing but retro games:

Capcom Arcade Cabinet All-in-One
Ducktales Remastered
Sonic & Knuckles
Mega Man Legacy Collection

Mega Man 1 and 2 have not aged well at all. It's been so long since I've played either, that I didn't remember that the movement physics were so horrible. Worse yet, they force you to clear the challenges from both of those before you can play the ones for the later games. Still, it was totally worth $6 just for MM4~6.

Sonic & Knuckles is one of the few 16-bit games that actually looks better with filtered sprites. Those pre-rendered sprites look seriously grainy and dithered without filtering.

Capcom Arcade Cabinet is some amazingly good value. So grateful they included auto-fire options, the shmups in the collection are almost unplayable without it.

EBE

Picked up Doom, Call of Duty 2, Saints Row, Joyride Turbo, and the Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass. Gonna spring for Forza Horizon 3 or Overwatch now. Not bad.

datsunzep

Used some of my Microsoft rewards and picked up Killer Instinct Definitive Edition. I had a party last night and impulsively bought Jackbox Party Pack 3.

danowat

Banned
Have just a little bit of credit left, what should I get?
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Order
South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Depends if you want an FPS, a TPS or an RPG.

Stick of truth was very funny, but I also enjoyed Wolfie and TR.

Raide

Used some of my Microsoft rewards and picked up Killer Instinct Definitive Edition. I had a party last night and impulsively bought Jackbox Party Pack 3.

QuipLash is pretty funny. There are some Cards Against Humanity episode codes, which leads to some terribly funny games. There does not seem to be built in games, so few nd the codes online, or build your own.

Murder party is good as well but the rest seem a bit so-so.

My group still plays Drawfull and Fibbage way more than the other gems.

This is weird, but it won't let me buy Mirrors Edge Catalyst. I have the trial and whenever I click "Buy a copy" it tells me that I can only own 1 copy of this game.

This is weird, but it won't let me buy Mirrors Edge Catalyst. I have the trial and whenever I click "Buy a copy" it tells me that I can only own 1 copy of this game.

Mirrors edge is in the ea access vault as a full game now. Was added a few weeks ago. So you already "own" the full game.

ctfg23

I have a $9 balance on my MS account, what should I buy GAF? Apparently you can't use account balance to buy 360 games.

Monocle

I grabbed Halo ODST; I've been waiting for the game to go on sale for a long time. Also got Quake Arena Arcade because it is so darn cheap.
Get ready for the second best Halo campaign. ODST is a brilliant Greatest Hits package of super diverse Halo levels. The gameplay, mood, music... all top notch. And the level design is great, with the big city hub of New Mombasa giving you a unique open world Halo experience and the freedom to choose the order in which you play the self-contained missions. I really love this game.

Get ready for the second best Halo campaign. ODST is a brilliant Greatest Hits package of super diverse Halo levels. The gameplay, mood, music... all top notch. And the level design is great, with the big city hub of New Mombasa giving you a unique open world Halo experience and the freedom to choose the order in which you play the self-contained missions. I really love this game.

Perfectly described, love the game!

datsunzep

QuipLash is pretty funny. There are some Cards Against Humanity episode codes, which leads to some terribly funny games. There does not seem to be built in games, so few nd the codes online, or build your own.

Murder party is good as well but the rest seem a bit so-so.

My group still plays Drawfull and Fibbage way more than the other gems.

Yeah, I have the original Party Pack on my PC, and Drawful is probably our favorite. I do, however, like the new games. We played a few rounds of each and were well entertained.

Theorry

Top paid on the Store after the Black Friday weekend and sales.

US

usu0s5k.png

UK

ukhzs3m.png

Monocle

I have a $9 balance on my MS account, what should I buy GAF? Apparently you can't use account balance to buy 360 games.
If you like platformers: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is $10.

Fighting games: Soul Calibur 2 HD Online is $4.99. An older game, but great gameplay and fairly meaty single player content.

Shooters: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Wolfenstein the New Order. Both around $6 (already bought them so the price doesn't show up on the site). The New Order in particular gets rave reviews on GAF. I hear both are really good. Also, I've heard great things about the Metro Redux Bundle ($6).

Open World: Saints Row 4 + Gat Out of Hell expansion (around $8). You're a superhero in a zany open world. GTA cranked to 11. Endless fun to be had if you're the kind of gamer who loves messing around and creating mayhem. Or even just exploring cities or racing around the streets.

(All the prices are with XBL Gold.)

Perfectly described, love the game!
High five!

ctfg23

If you like platformers: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is $10.

Fighting games: Soul Calibur 2 HD Online is $4.99. An older game, but great gameplay and fairly meaty single player content.

Shooters: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Wolfenstein the New Order. Both around $6 (already bought them so the price doesn't show up on the site). The New Order in particular gets rave reviews on GAF. I hear both are really good. Also, I've heard great things about the Metro Redux Bundle ($6).

Open World: Saints Row 4 + Gat Out of Hell expansion (around $8). You're a superhero in a zany open world. GTA cranked to 11. Endless fun to be had if you're the kind of gamer who loves messing around and creating mayhem. Or even just exploring cities or racing around the streets.

(All the prices are with XBL Gold.)

High five!
I went with Ori and the Blind Forest. I'm not really into fighting games and I have the rest of those games on PS4. Thanks.

krang

Guys, has anybody got a XBL gold 48-hour (or whatever) code they're not needing? I'm setting up an XB1 for family for Christmas, I've sorted out their accounts and want to add on a couple of games from the BF sale, but need Gold to get the best prices. I've sorted them out with a year of gold, but I don't want to redeem that and waste a month before they start using it.

Cheers.

Theorry

Guys, has anybody got a XBL gold 48-hour (or whatever) code they're not needing? I'm setting up an XB1 for family for Christmas, I've sorted out their accounts and want to add on a couple of games from the BF sale, but need Gold to get the best prices. I've sorted them out with a year of gold, but I don't want to redeem that and waste a month before they start using it.

Cheers.

Accounts who dont have gold yet can get gold for a month for 1 dollar on the store. :)

krang

Accounts who dont have gold yet can get gold for a month for 1 dollar on the store. :)

I'm in the UK - it wants to charge £5. I could switch to the US, but I'd only be able to buy using gift cards, which don't go that cheap.

Irritatingly there's a 2 week trial in the box, but it hasn't arrived yet. It might turn up today in time for me to take advantage of BF, but it might not!

Do the deals expire tomorrow when the store updates? Or tonight at 12am? Wanted to trade some stuff in later to get a money card but not if the deals are already going to be dead.

I'm in the UK - it wants to charge £5. I could switch to the US, but I'd only be able to buy using gift cards, which don't go that cheap.

Irritatingly there's a 2 week trial in the box, but it hasn't arrived yet. It might turn up today in time for me to take advantage of BF, but it might not!

Last I looked into it, you needed at least a 1-month subscription to qualify for Deals with Gold / Games with Gold; a 2-week trial won't cut it, sadly.

You should also be aware that some games can't be purchased on a US account unless you're actually located in the US - even if the exact same game is available on your country's store!

You may have to pop the top on those Christmas subs a little early. Either that, or wait till the December sale, which is usually also pretty good.

Edit: newly-created accounts on a newly-purchased console used to get one free month of Gold - I don't suppose they still do?

krang

Last I looked into it, you needed at least a 1-month subscription to qualify for Deals with Gold / Games with Gold; a 2-week trial won't cut it, sadly.

You should also be aware that some games can't be purchased on a US account unless you're actually located in the US - even if the exact same game is available on your country's store!

You may have to pop the top on those Christmas subs a little early. Either that, or wait till the December sale, which is usually also pretty good.

I'm thinking I'll probably just add the 12 month one now, and stack the 2 week one on top when it arrives. That should be fine.

Thanks for the info.

Temujin

So it seems Simply Games quietly cancelled all those £20 Titanfall 2 orders. Got a cancellation email this morning, 4 days after placing the order. Generic email, no real explanation. People on Twitter are reporting the same thing.

krang

So it seems Simply Games quietly cancelled all those £20 Titanfall 2 orders. Got a cancellation email this morning, 4 days after placing the order. Generic email, no real explanation. People on Twitter are reporting the same thing.

That's shitty. Not only are they letting people down, but they've potentially stopped them from grabbing an alternative deal elsewhere.

Theorry

frogger

My haul. I will not buy games till next black Friday.

Assasin's Creed Rogue
Hunter's Trophy 2
Fireburst
Song of the Deep
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Beyond Eyes
Instant Indie Collection Vol 1
Need for Speed
Gears of War 4
Watch Dogs Complete Edition
Unravel
Mortal Kombat XL
Killer Instinct Definitive edition
Doom
Grow Up
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
This War of Mine
Batman Arkham Knight Premium
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Oddworld New n Tasty
Terraria
Wolfenstein the old blood
Far cry primal apex

ieatzombies

Well, looks like you have to charge your credit card when buying Xbox 360 games on Xbox one. Just bought a prepaid card for red dead.I even put in my credit card info and it so it would be on file. It's looking like it still wants to charge my credit card even though I have $100 dollars on my Microsoft account balance. They need to fix this

Well, looks like you have to charge your credit card when buying Xbox 360 games on Xbox one. Just bought a prepaid card for red dead.I even put in my credit card info and it so it would be on file. It's looking like it still wants to charge my credit card even though I have $100 dollars on my Microsoft account balance. They need to fix this

Try using a paypal account? Perhaps you can hook your prepaid card to paypal, and use that to buy the games?

Top Bottom