• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox looks set to hold its E3-style showcase in June

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Xbox looks set to hold its E3-style showcase in June​

With E3 skipping its third year, Microsoft has contacted publishers about its own digital showcase, it’s claimed

That’s according to GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who claimed in a video show on Friday that Microsoft is currently talking to publishers about a June event. This matches what VGC has heard from our own sources.

“I’ll probably have more to say on this soon, but it’s in June, not May,” Grubb said. “Well, they might do something in May or September, I don’t know, but I know that they’re planning for an E3-style show in June.

“They’re talking to partners to get big games in there. That is ongoing right now and it’s March, so it’s not like they can change that train or turn that big ship around. They are heading in that direction and they’re going to do something in that timeframe.”

Mr Hyde

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Leroy Patterson

Im keeping expectations lower. Probably just the last 6 months of 2022 stuff which is fine with me. Starfield deep dive is enough along with Gamepass lineup for the 2nd half of the year.

I want to see less cg trailers of stuff years away. They killed it last year. Hopefully they do it again.

Jaybe

Hopefully there are some committed 2022 releases of note besides November’s Starfield. A surprise announcement and near term release by XGS would be great. For me, EA and third party have carried my XSX & GPU sub. I expect we get Deathloop in September, thought unlikely they can say anything in June.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

Hopefully there are some committed 2022 releases of note besides November’s Starfield. A surprise announcement and near term release by XGS would be great. For me, EA and third party have carried my XSX & GPU sub. I expect we get Deathloop in September, thought unlikely they can say anything in June.
i dont see anything releasing from their 1st party studios in 2022 , maybe that small rpg from obsidian

mortal

Gold Member
Over 23 different studios. Go big or go home.
I don't care if they announce titles releasing 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years from now. They have no excuses to have a dry-ass E3 showcase this year.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
K4bzvmx.jpg

It's time.

I would love this, but I feel like it's too soon. The game probably hasn't reached beyond the hiring and concept phase yet if I were to take a guess.

Although it *IS* time for a new Wolfenstein.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I would love this, but I feel like it's too soon. The game probably hasn't reached beyond the hiring and concept phase yet if I were to take a guess.

Although it *IS* time for a new Wolfenstein.

They said it was playable, I think they've basically ramped it up already with CD, it might not be coming until late 2023 earliest but I think we'll see Gameplay this year.

I love Wolfenstein, but it's time for Quake.

Last edited:
ok so its not just MS first party. Cool. Hopefully we see Sonic Frontiers and get to see some gameplay. In my best case scenario I want to see Sonic move with great speed and momentum based physics in an open world. Throw in some parkour and acrobatic moves and Sonic Unleashed daytime like stages and I will be happy. Sonic is just too perfect for an open world game. Please don't mess this up Sega.

Top Bottom