• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Nail Polish Unlocks Halo and Forza Horizon Cosmetics

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean I know we are trying to appeal to women...but doesn't this seem a bit...patronizing? Like...let gaming be gaming. You don't have to have a damn nail polish to entice female gamers. Female gamers like the games for the same reasons the guys do.

Talk about being out of touch, Xbox doin too much right now.

Edit:
If I was a a part of Xbox marketing and my goal was to entice females to come to the platform I would focus more asexual things. What about an Xbox pillow...make it lime green...maybe put some female protag design on it.

Chicks love pillows. Or am I out of touch?

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
This move fits with a lot of their recent marketing. All the promotional images for the Xbox headphones they released last year were of women.

Are there updates statistics on how many women play console games these days? I’m sure most of them are on Switch if anything, definitely not on Xbox.
I think most are on nintendo. Nintendo games attract women, especially with smash bros, mario kart, and animal crossing.
Xbox still have that xbox live. And you know, how gamers act towards women, when there is MIC involved.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
This is AWESOME. ❤️

I know it may not be for everyone, but I'm a sucker for real world AND in-game cosmetics. I'll probably be picking up most of these. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

girl space GIF

Design Love GIF by Trippyogi

Havoc2049

I think most are on nintendo. Nintendo games attract women, especially with smash bros, mario kart, and animal crossing.
Xbox still have that xbox live. And you know, how gamers act towards women, when there is MIC involved.
Tons of women play online on Xbox. I would say that the social interaction on Live is what attracts women. I've played thousands of hours of Halo, Destiny and Sea of Thieves online and there are plenty of women in those communities. I have a bunch on my friends list and the last multi-platform online gaming community I was a member of had a bunch of women in the Xbox division. There were also a bunch of gaming couples as well.

I know there used to be several all female semi-pro Halo clans/teams, but not sure how active they are anymore.
Halo 3:

Halo 4:

Halo 5:

This is surely a way to attract women into gaming alright...

Do we have some promotion with manscaped for the boys yet?! I'm ready to trim a big X in my bush if i can get 2 months of gamepass for free, it works as a target for the ladies aswell, speak about catching 2 birds with a rock...

You’ll just have to settle for a free brass cock ring, glitter optional.

splattered

I mean I know we are trying to appeal to women...but doesn't this seem a bit...patronizing? Like...let gaming be gaming. You don't have to have a damn nail polish to entice female gamers. Female gamers like the games for the same reasons the guys do.

Talk about being out of touch, Xbox doin too much right now.

Edit:
If I was a a part of Xbox marketing and my goal was to entice females to come to the platform I would focus more asexual things. What about an Xbox pillow...make it lime green...maybe put some female protag design on it.

Chicks love pillows. Or am I out of touch?

Your ideas for pillows and stuff is great but as far as nail polish being patronizing - yes sorry you are very out of touch. Nail Polish is HUGE right now, especially with lots of fun indie brands and stuff that women are into. My wife has almost 300 bottles of polish in her collection and still going strong. This is very smart marketing by Microsoft (even if the men don't understand it.)

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Wonder how many of you nerds are going to buy some nail polish just for the skins?

...I know I might and I am very much a he/him

Kilau

Gold Member
Yes, picking out makeup for the wife I'm sure will turn out well. Reminds me how I can't get the right tampons she sends me for even though I ask her three times on the phone when I get there which ones.
That’s why I just FaceTime my wife in those situations. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
NGL the Halo armour looks good. I bought these for my wife yesterday and uploaded the receipt for the DLC codes lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom