• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Krathoon

For some reason, downloading from the LIVE Marketplace is really slow right now. I was downloading Daggerdale, which may be crappy.
I was also going to purchase Geometry Wars.

Krathoon

My wireless router had to be reset. I could not get a stable connection. There was a storm and the power blinked. That may have messed things up.

Krathoon

I was just playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the 360. I don't remember what you have to do to change your roster.
Here is a funny bit with the crappier PS2 version.

Alliance 1 and 2 were on Xbox One, but it looks like they are not for sale anymore. Well, I got the 360 one at least. It looks like I have all the DLC.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I was just playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the 360. I don't remember what you have to do to change your roster.
Here is a funny bit with the crappier PS2 version.

Alliance 1 and 2 were on Xbox One, but it looks like they are not for sale anymore. Well, I got the 360 one at least. It looks like I have all the DLC.

You can change your roster at a save point.

Krathoon

Oooohh. I also got my Amped 3 in the mail. It is that silly snowboarding game by Access Software.
It is definitely a collectable. A very unique game. I may collect the other two.
Access Software made some quirky old games.

Krathoon

I am going to have to get some surge protectors for the consoles in the living room.
It has been storming really bad lately and I am worried they are going to get fried.

Krathoon

Here is the bonus dvd feature for MUA.
Buying the platinum release that has this is absurdly expensive. The iso of it is on archive.org.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Darksiders 1
360 version in Series X BC
4K / 60 FPS

8-4-2022_1-45-02_pm-dgpjy3.png

8-4-2022_1-45-02_pm-nysjno.png

8-4-2022_1-45-02_pm-b9zkh2.png

8-4-2022_1-45-01_pm-agejey.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That's better than the remaster isn't it?

IIRC it was 4K/60 on One X but 1620p/60 on Pro.

But the original 360 version is $5, the remaster is $20 and there's arguably no difference between them on SX with the FPS boost and One X enhancement.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Really the PC version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance is where it is at. There is a mod that adds characters from all versions and some extra ones.
So, you get the complete experience. It looks like the online is dead though.

Naked Lunch

Is there a list of the best 360 digital releases somewhere? I was going to round things out.
Heres a couple digital only titles from my 360 collection that are not backwards compatible with newer Xboxes:
(I keep a list to remind myself what I actually own on the system, heh)

Bangai-O Missile Fury
Bionic Commando Re-Armed 1
Rez HD
Fez
After Burner Climax
Shooting Love 200X
Under Defeat HD
Raystorm HD
Marvel vs Capcom Origins
Street Fighter 3 Online
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Poker Smash

Naked Lunch

Gunbird 2 and Sengoku Blade dropped on the Xbox store.
2 more Saturn/Dreamcast shmup all time greats.
Gunbird 2 was the reason I hooked up my Dreamcast sometimes. Really cool to have these on xbox.

Krathoon

I am having this weirdness on the 360 where it is saying I have the demo version of a game when I have the full version.

Is there a way to fix that? It seems like it updates it to full when I run the game. So, it is on my account that I own it.

It is really annoying.

splattered

Gunbird 2 and Sengoku Blade dropped on the Xbox store.
2 more Saturn/Dreamcast shmup all time greats.
Gunbird 2 was the reason I hooked up my Dreamcast sometimes. Really cool to have these on xbox.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Is there a full list of Xbox O/S/X shmups anywhere i can reference? I'm not a fan myself but i have a friend that is a HUGE fan and it's the one the only reasons he never really got into Xbox - they didn't have enough shmups.

Naked Lunch

Andro Dunos II also finally dropped on Xbox.
Another shmup great.

Is there a full list of Xbox O/S/X shmups anywhere i can reference? I'm not a fan myself but i have a friend that is a HUGE fan and it's the one the only reasons he never really got into Xbox - they didn't have enough shmups.
Im not aware of any unfortunately.
The 360 was actually one of the best shmup consoles of all time - XB1 got nothing - but things are obviously improving with the Series and XB is finally getting shmups again. There's so many that get dumped randomly on the store - things can get lost in the shuffle. I try to follow this stuff like a hawk and I miss ones all the time.

Remember Xbox still has what many consider to be the gold standard shmup: Radiant Silvergun (and it still exclusive to xbox besides the old sega saturn port).
Also things like Strania, Ikaruga, Deathsmiles, Battle Garegga, Guwange, Vasara, Natsuki Chronicles, Bullet Soul - all playable on any xbox.

Krathoon

They really need the make the newer xboxes have original xbox and xbox 360 emulators on them. It should be doable.

You should be able to stick your old disc in and directly play it. None of this download crap.

Naked Lunch

They really need the make the newer xboxes have original xbox and xbox 360 emulators on them. It should be doable.

You should be able to stick your old disc in and directly play it. None of this download crap.
Considering MS is the only one allowing that in comparison to Nintendo and Sony - dont see where the beef is.
Im playing stuff I bought in 2001 on my Series X.

Forsythia

How to take out your clock capacitor. I have held off on doing this. My Xbox still works. I think people overreact about it.

Seeing this makes me sad I sold my OG Xbox. Will need to find another one somewhere, I still have a lot of games I'd like to play again!

ikbalCO

Is there a chronic issue with left bumper in xbox controllers?

I am on my 3rd and this one also started not responding and i am pretty sure the lb will stop working completely in a week or so?

Naked Lunch

Is there a chronic issue with left bumper in xbox controllers?

I am on my 3rd and this one also started not responding and i am pretty sure the lb will stop working completely in a week or so?
Which exact controller?
Some variants of the Xbox One controllers have bad bumper design that break easily.
It improved over time with later versions - and the Series controllers uses a new design that I see dont see breaking.

ikbalCO

Which exact controller?
Some variants of the Xbox One controllers have bad bumper design that break easily.
It improved over time with later versions - and the Series controllers uses a new design that I see dont see breaking.
Series controller. First one to go was that blue piece. And then the white one which came with the console broke. I very recently bought a black one and now lb has started not responding now and then.

I dont understand why its always the lb button

Naked Lunch

Series controller. First one to go was that blue piece. And then the white one which came with the console broke. I very recently bought a black one and now lb has started not responding now and then.

I dont understand why its always the lb button
Sucks man - and its happening to multiple controllers - not just one.
You must go hard on the LB for whatever reason.
I broke about 5 XB1 bumpers but have no issue on the Series ones. I use LB constantly on Halo and Ace Combat.

You should be able to get yours replaced for free thru MS support. I had a stick drift problem with my Series console pack in controller and it got replaced by them.

b0uncyfr0

Any Argentinian guys around - I'm in desperate need of the ruiner on the xbox store, its only $2 over there. No brainer.

Ill make it worth your time :)

kikkis

I have for some reason problem with going from face buttons to right stick with my thumb. My finger seems to always go to slightly different position in the right stick, and I have to think about repositioning it to the correct location, instead of it happening on a instinct. Also this issue seems to cause some discomfort with my right thumb. Its weird cause I have never had problem like this.

Top Bottom