• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

GinSama

One of games I still been playing a long time is state of decay 2, just wondering if there’s any news the third having the possibility to continue with my community….. starting to get attached to them lolol

About the outer worlds edition I hope they do a discount to people have already the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FEAR2 Project Origin (360) is on sale right now for just $4.99

Not only is it (arguably) the best of the 3 FEAR games, the 360 version also ran with an uncapped frame rate at 720p with 4XMSAA. Which means you get a flawless 720p/60 FPS and a 4X MSAA making the image look a lot cleaner than most games of that console, that never got a resolution increase for One or One X.

nikolino840

https://xboxera.com/2022/10/09/micr...blizzard-acquisition-xbox-activisionblizzard/

Microsoft has responded to the decision by CADE to approve the Activision-Blizzard deal in the Brazil market. They uploaded a PDF document to news.microsoft.com laying out various points made by CADE that factored in to their approval of the deal.

The most interesting point in this entire saga has been the back and forth between Sony and Microsoft as both companies attempt to make their case about why the deal should or should not go through. Microsoft agrees with CADE’s position on Sony’s market position, saying “SG-CADE concluded that Sony has been the market leader for more than 20 years, has the largest user base and console installed base, has a robust game
catalog and partnerships with third-party publishers, in addition to significant brand loyalty. Those attributes would contribute to the competitiveness of the PlayStation after the transaction, even without
Activision Blizzard content.”

As more regulating bodies reach their decisions over the coming months, it will be interesting to see how Microsoft responds. They are clearly doing all they can to make sure the deal passes and still expect the deal to close by June of next year.

Last edited:

mxbison

Are there any 120hz games on XSX that are not 120fps? Like 40fps/120hz or 80fps/120hz?

I only have one HDMI 2.1 port which is used by the PS5 and don't really want to buy a splitter and keep switching. I usually play in fidelity mode so don't care about 120fps.

adamsapple

Are there any 120hz games on XSX that are not 120fps? Like 40fps/120hz or 80fps/120hz?

I only have one HDMI 2.1 port which is used by the PS5 and don't really want to buy a splitter and keep switching. I usually play in fidelity mode so don't care about 120fps.

I don't think I've seen a dedicated 40hz style mode on any Xbox game so far, it only seems to be a Sony first party thing as of right now. Not that there's any patent or anything that's stopping it, I guess its a deliberate choice.

--

Been playing some FEAR 2 (it's on sale for $4.99) and the 60 FPS is a transformative experience. It holds up very well.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Tried chivalry 2. Kind of turned off by the hit by the edge off the screen mechanic.
I hated it at first, then jumped online just to see no one really does it and it's just a slaughter house with tram damage and chaos everywhere.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Just play through your hdmi it caps fps to 60 anyway.

GinSama

Is just me or Grounded is a like a homage to the 80’ ? Or to old cinema movies… like John hughes movies?

The game is full of charm. And i feel so much nostalgic while playing. Although I didn’t play yet online, just alone. Really impressed with the game. But is from obsidian so I’m not surprise .

Last edited:
so at first i was excited that they changed the new way games can be sorted.

But now i no longer see the option to filter out games i already have installed??? which now makes the update suck. I dont want to look at the 100 games i already have installed when im going thru the gamepass list

adamsapple

0.5W when in energy saving mode and 13~15W when in Sleep mode.

FfEZ9lAXkAI9eyV

FfEZ9w0XkAEjfCH

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

What a sad take. As if they couldn't just ship the XSS version at 30fps and give the XSX/PS5 a 60fps mode, as many other games have done already.

Me thinks they just didn't have the game polished enough for that. LOL

Last edited:

Jaybe

What a sad take. As if they couldn't just ship the XSS version at 30fps and give the XSX/PS5 a 60fps mode, as many other games have done already.

Me thinks they just didn't have the game polished enough for that. LOL
This guy doesn’t even work at the studio that is developing Gotham Knights.

DaGwaphics

Just see the Brad Sams video on the dash.

I'm not bothered by the advertising of the games there. I would just prefer a most played Game Pass games list there instead. We all know that free games list isn't go change that often. At least the GP list would have some ripples in it when new things come and go. It's also unfortunate that the system apps and things are still mixing in with the game software.

adamsapple

I don't like the new dash, I really don't.

But if its not slow I'll come to terms with it I guess.

Target is giving away a free copy of CoD with a XSS purchase (oddly seems to be the X1 version). Might be worth a look if you are planning to pick one up.
Not a bad deal. Cod isn’t really my thing (not to sound up my ass, I just don’t regularly play), but I can see that being an awesome Christmas gift for a kid.

I bought my wife a Series S, it’s a great machine. Lil’ man gets hated on a lot but I wonder how many people have actually used one, I think it’s great and she loves it.

Top Bottom